Photo

Primary Elections results

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

I've been reading the results of the primary elections. I saw several pieces of bad news.

In my area, the candidate I supported lost. (Randy Ramey). So locally, we're going from an A NRA Rated candidate (and co-sponser of HB148) to a B+.

I see many of the worst haters of 2nd-amendment rights coasted to re-election: Madigan, Acevedo, Cassidy, Davis... They weren't even close.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#2 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,659 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Oh don't worry about those, they're never going to change, it's the squishies we need to work on. Let's just get the most pro 2A rights canidates elected in November and see how everything shakes out.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#3 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

We did ok. Wedidnt get hurt much, Collins loss stings a bit

Randy was a better candidate, but over all i think we will still maintian a progun majority in both houses
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#4 mstrat

• Members
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

My district, 7th, is crazy close. Welch ahead by 15 votes... So I expect it'll be a while til we know final count, with provisional votes and whatnot.

But it probably doesn'tmatter regarding carry since we can't count on the support of either candidate.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
ProtectIllinois.org: Share this link to teach others about RTC in IL

#5 Arch1GLK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Randy was a better candidate, but over all i think we will still maintian a progun majority in both houses

A bit? Collins was more pro-freedom and 2A and had a good presence. He had been to a lot more average voter fundraisers than the "Establishment" type.

In the end the most frustrating thing for a long time suburban Cook County voter is the plain apathy that was present.

#6 TomKoz

• Members
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

The PoS Jim Durkin (one of the supposed Republicans that voted NO on 148) unfortunately won his primary. Maybe we will luck out and an Independent will run against him in the General Election.
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#7 snubjob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

And a pro-gun majority in both houses should mean..........?

#8 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,266 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

And a pro-gun majority in both houses should mean..........?

An easier time of beating down bills like handgun registration and ammo taxes. A Super Majority (71/36) will be needed to pass a carry law or any law that is ruled to pre-empt Home Rule by the chamber's parliamentarian.

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB