Photo

Holder: We must brainwash people on guns

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

http://www.breitbart...Like-Cigarettes

Of course he is for the 2nd amendment. Ya f'n right.

Breitbart.com has uncovered video from 1995 of then-U.S. Attorney Eric Holder announcing a public campaign to "really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."
Holder was addressing the Woman's National Democratic Club. In his remarks, broadcast by CSPAN 2, he explained that he intended to use anti-smoking campaigns as his model to "change the hearts and minds of people in Washington, DC" about guns.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."

Holder added that he had asked advertising agencies in the nation's capital to assist by making anti-gun ads rather than commercials "that make me buy things that I don't really need." He had also approached local newspapers and television stations, he said, asking them to devote prime space and time, respectively, to his anti-gun campaign.

Local political leaders and celebrities, Holder said, including Mayor Marion Barry and Jesse Jackson, had been asked to help. In addition, he reported, he had asked the local school board to make the anti-gun message a part of "every day, every school, and every level."

Despite strict gun control efforts, Washington, DC was and remains one of the nation's most dangerous cities for gun violence, though crime has abated somewhat since the 1990s.

Holder went on to become Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton administration, and currently serves as Attorney General in the Obama Administration.

The video of Holder's remarks was uncovered by Breitbart.com contributor Charles C. Johnson.
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#2 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Words to match the actions...

#3 oneshot

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH and GUNS ARE BAD.

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave. - Andrew Fletcher 1698

#4 SFC Stu

• Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM0asnCXD0

Words to match the actions...

I'm glad to see that holder is still spining his wheels. This is not working
out so well, is it Mr. AG?

#5 Hossua

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

the real question is what else do they use these tactics for. Just because you are paranoid doesnt mean they arent out to get you. This isnt surprising, but hopefully people take notice.

#6 JR1987

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

People don't agree with us? Better brain wash children to make sure future generations agree with us!

I am not a smoker, never have been, but the way the anti smoking campaign held itself made me sick. Bully people into following what you want.

#7 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

What a great video to go viral. Do you trust what he says to congress now? Ever?
Kurt on G+

#8 DoYouFeelLucky

• Members
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

I wonder if AG Holder actually realizes that the problems are more complex than his intelligence level allows him to solve? Or if he really believes the things he says?
Freedom has a cost, and a free society must always be vigilant and ready to defend themselves against those that would misuse those freedoms to harm others. You cannot legislate the protection of free people, they must turn to themselves to preserve and maintain their freedom. Copyright 2012 Niner8Zulu Consulting

#9 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,670 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

And since '95 we've gotten all but 1 state to issue carry licenses, 4 states constitution carry, Heller, McDonald, the repeal of hundreds of anti gun laws and ccw permits along with gun ownership in general has skyrocketed! How's that brainwashing worked out for you Holder?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#10 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

Nice clip. Shows his true agenda and methods. No-one can believe a word out of his mouth. This video should be on the news each time he makes some comment about "Fast and Furious" or other.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#11 Druid

Matt Wilson

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

If Holder was just talking about encouraging gang-bangers to go back to the day when people were considered a coward to use a gun instead of their fists, then I would agree with him. But pushing an agenda that "Guns R' Bad" is one of the dumbest, most offensive ideas out there.

Unfortunately, too many of the public agrees with him.

I've heard the flawed argument many times that from brainwashed educated people that "Guns Should be Banned because they are made to kill people". Yes, it looks like the brainwashing worked to some degree.

#12 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

"What we need to do is change the way in which people speak freely, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to speak your mind anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."
...and justice for all

#13 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

"What we need to do is change the way in which people speak freely, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to speak your mind anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."

That has a nice communistic tone huh?
...and justice for all

#14 Jeff Johnson

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Dear Subject,
Your Mandatory Thought Modification Therapy has been scheduled for the location and time listed below.
If for any reason you are unable to attend your appointment, you should contact your DOJ caseworker immediately.
Remember: Free thought is dangerous, and We know what is best for you.

Holder is the worst AG in history,
appointed by the worst president in history.

#15 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

delete

Edited by vezpa, 30 March 2012 - 01:01 AM.

Stand Your Ground

#16 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

I wonder what Eric Holder will do now that the New Black Panthers have put a bounty on the head of George Zimmerman? Will it be a repeat of their action against voter intimidation by the New Black Panthers? Maybe they think brainwashing is their principle job.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#17 ishmo

• Members
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

I wonder what Eric Holder will do now that the New Black Panthers have put a bounty on the head of George Zimmerman? Will it be a repeat of their action against voter intimidation by the New Black Panthers? Maybe they think brainwashing is their principle job.

Holder isn't going to anything about the NBP based on what I see in this quote.

No bias there I guess, just a slip of the tongue like some of the others he's made.

"This Department of Justice does not enforce the law in a race-conscious way," declared Attorney General Eric Holder in a House oversight hearing yesterday. But Politico reports on an exchange during the hearing that suggests otherwise. Rep. John Culberson, a Texas Republican, was questioning Holder about the New Black Panther Party voter-intimidation case, which the department dismissed after Holder took over:

The Attorney General seemed to take personal offense at a comment Culberson read in which former Democratic activist Bartle Bull called the incident the most serious act of voter intimidation he had witnessed in his career.

"Think about that," Holder said. "When you compare what people endured in the South in the 60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, and to compare what people were subjected to there to what happened in Philadelphia--which was inappropriate, certainly that . . . to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line, who risked all, for my people," said Holder, who is black.

WSJ

#18 BadWaterBill

• Members
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Nothing will be done by Holder and his merry band. He has already said he will not prosecute black folks.

Could that statement be called racist?

If you do not think his brain washing is working just remember the kids in grammar school being suspended for drawing a picture of a gun or folding paper to resemble a gun. Yes at least the teacher and the school board are brain washed.

It is working very well and using our tax dollars. :D

#19 moparcardave

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I blame the Republicans for this man being in office. They had the hearings and things come up but surely this could have come up. To many of our lawmakers in DC that belong to the Republican party have less knowledge then we do on many things. The Dems well I can say when you elect Bobby Rush, Sheila Jackson Lee, Barney Franks, Shumer, Feinstein, Maxine Waters and a whole lot others they have no knowledge other then getting things passed to move their progressive agenda.
Guns don't kill people, Gun FREE zones kill people!

WHY CARRY A GUN? Because carrying a Cop would be too heavy.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
--George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426.