Photo

Daylight Savings Time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Is it my imagination, or did IllinoisCarry.com forget to Spring Forward?

All the post times seem to be an hour behind. I checked my settings: Central time zone, automatically adjust for DST.

The times are even off in Tapatalk.

-- Frank

ETA: Never mind, it looks right now. Maybe I was seeing things.

Edited by frankw438, 13 March 2012 - 08:13 PM.

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#2 Bud

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

All the post times seem to be an hour behind. I checked my settings: Central time zone, automatically adjust for DST.

-- Frank

It was the matrix. There was a power outage and everything was reset by 02.121222 seconds.

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#3 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• 1,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

-- Frank

It was the matrix. There was a power outage and everything was reset by 02.121222 seconds.

Really? I was all set to blame the damn Mayans!

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#4 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,279 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Naaaaa. It's Bush's fault.
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#5 Stevepk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

I'm for elimating DLS time. IMHO it's stupid
MSGT - USAF Retired - Command & Control Tech. (Command Post)

#6 TyGuy

• 10,275 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

AGREED We are no longer an agriculturely based society. It is such a pain and results in messed up sleep schedules twice a year. Let's just end it.

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#7 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

I'm for elimating DLS time. IMHO it's stupid

Amen to that! (Of course is has nothing to do with site support), but I'm in full agreement! DST does nothing but mess up everyone's internal clocks twice a year for no benefit. It actually has a measurable negative health impact, causing more heart attacks: http://utdailybeacon...related-issues/, http://heartdisease....ck/a/DST_MI.htm
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#8 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Naaaaa. It's Bush's fault.

It's always his fault.
Boog

CarrySafely.com

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#9 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,279 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

AGREED We are no longer an agriculturely based society. It is such a pain and results in messed up sleep schedules twice a year. Let's just end it.

And, agriculture no longer depends on daylight to get field work done. There's more candlepower on most tractors and combines now that you'll find on a 747 on approach!! I've always thought that DST only serves those that can't get out of bed in the morning and take advantage of the natural daylight!!

T
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#10 chicago guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

I agree to get rid of DST, but don't blame it on farmers. It was started to "save energy" and instituted during the world war. Originally it was called Standard War Time or Pacific War time etc. Historical posters show Uncle Sam in bed and under it is the caption, "Wake up U.S. your enemies have been awake for an hour already."

That said, savings time doesn't save any energy, but it does make it easier for the Chicago bangers to shoot at each other.