District 56

Paul Kirsey

As luck would have it I got sick last night with a bad sore throat and couldn't make it today. I had a reservation on the Lombard bus, just wish I felt up to going. Did anyone have a chance to talk to Michelle Mussman? She was one of the "No" votes last year on HB148. I've been in her ear ever since and especially since these recent anti gun bills passed committee. She was conveniently "on the floor" during last year's IGOLD so I didn't get a chance to talk to her. Can anybody from the 56th give me an update?

I just happened to be in her office neighborhood today and stopped in to ask if she has changed her mind about concealed carry. She is in springfield, but I asked her assistant and she pretty much told me no she hasen't. But as I was leaving I saw this on her door. I asked if I could have a copy and was given it. It would be great if a group of women to attend and bringing the tounge thingys, rat tail combs and also asking why they just can't pull out their firearm. They might also say that in every state except Illinois all they have to do is shoot the S.O.B.

Boog

post-1345-133129147728.jpg

Something else to bring up to her , what about the young woman who was attacked while hiking a few years ago . She had studied martial arts for years and yet , even after putting up a very hard fight , was over come by her larger , male attacker and finally killed.

Her name and the location escape me and I couldn't find anything with Google.

I just happened to be in her office neighborhood today and stopped in to ask if she has changed her mind about concealed carry. She is in springfield, but I asked her assistant and she pretty much told me no she hasen't. But as I was leaving I saw this on her door. I asked if I could have a copy and was given it. It would be great if a group of women to attend and bringing the tounge thingys, rat tail combs and also asking why they just can't pull out their firearm. They might also say that in every state except Illinois all they have to do is shoot the S.O.B.

Boog

Thanks for posting this Boog. Shows how ignorant Mussman is. As if an afternoon seminar will give the average person the upper hand on some street hardened recidivist thug who spends what little jail time Illinois gives lifting weights and fighting.

The story about the hiker is below. Her name was Meredith Emerson from Ga. She was trained in martial arts , fought her attacker and still lost her life.

http://crime.about.c...-to-survive.htm

This woman was used to hiking and training so had to be in pretty good physical shape . How many average women with a couple hrs. of training would have a chance at all against this guy ? A handgun would have made all the difference for this lady.

This happened in Jan , 2008 .

I just got a call from Michelle. I asked about the 2 stupid bills from Rahm. The ammo tax and the handgun charge. I am glad I was sitting down because she said she OPPOSE'S BOTH. Then I asked about 148 and 5745. She said she wasn't aware of 5745 "What the hey!!!". I told her about it and she said she was still on the fence. I did tell her it would be great if she bacame a co-sponsor and she said don't count on that. We really need more calls to her, especially from women.

Please help

Boog

I dunno, boog. She has basically told me I'm barking up the wrong tree and that chances for her support are miniscule. I still email her from time to time just to let her know I'm still out here. Last year she accepted an invitation from me for her and her husband(to make her more comfortable)to go to the range with me, my treat. As always, I told her safety would be stressed. She initially told me she was interested only to ignore my numerous follow up calls and emails to set it up. She finally sent me a return email which basically said I'm wasting my time and that she doesn't see herself ever supporting RTC. That is great news regarding the Rahm bills, however I am having a hard time believing her, and hopefully she gets bounced in November. You are so right about the women. They are the ones who make or break elections. Would be great to have some like minded women have coffee with her and talk some sense to her.

I too have tried to speak to Ms. Mussmann about HB148 and other laws that make no sense. This woman just doesn't get it. If the question places her in a tough position her answer is always, "Well these this are difficult." REALLY? She is in way over her head! The republican that has decided to run against her is John Lawson. John currently serves as Schaumburg Township Assessor (since 2004). John Lawson currently holds the rank of Detective Commander with the Roselle Police Department.

From his ISSUES page:

" * Illinois is the only state in the union without some sort of concealed carry laws. When the state allows trained citizens to carry a handguns, they can possibly prevent some serious crimes from happening and maybe cut down on the number of victims."

I'll be reviewing the rest of his positions and possibly campaigning for him if I like what I hear. www.electjohnlawson.com

Mussmann must go.

I too have tried to speak to Ms. Mussmann about HB148 and other laws that make no sense. This woman just doesn't get it. If the question places her in a tough position her answer is always, "Well these this are difficult." REALLY? She is in way over her head! The republican that has decided to run against her is John Lawson. John currently serves as Schaumburg Township Assessor (since 2004). John Lawson currently holds the rank of Detective Commander with the Roselle Police Department.

From his ISSUES page:

" * Illinois is the only state in the union without some sort of concealed carry laws. When the state allows trained citizens to carry a handguns, they can possibly prevent some serious crimes from happening and maybe cut down on the number of victims."

I'll be reviewing the rest of his positions and possibly campaigning for him if I like what I hear. www.electjohnlawson.com

Mussmann must go.

Thanks for the info about him. I will be contacting his office also.

Boog

Obviously she was busy doing something else(hiding?)that day. Did the same thing last year. I sent her a video of everyone marching to the capitol and here is what she sent me:

Chuck,

Thank you for the video. It looks like you had a really good turn out.

Sorry I missed seeing everyone!

~Michelle

~~

Michelle Mussman

State Representative 56th District

15 West Weathersfield

Schaumburg, IL, 60193

847-923-9104

staterepmussman@gmail.com

Archived