Photo

A Petition to hit, hard!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#1 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,314 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Join downstate legislators in the fight against Chicago's Anti gun laws.

Here's a petition that we really need to load up on. Started by downstate legislators on both sides of the aisle. Now is the time to let your voice be heard. Sign the petition and let House and Senate leaders know that you won't tolerate these infringements on our Second Amendment rights!

http://www.opposechicagogunlaws.com/

Sign this one, then send it to everyone you know, post on Facebook, tweet it, whatever means you have to get the word out. People on the ground in Springfield aren't usually too keen about on-line petitions but they say this one will be seen by the leaders of the Illinois Senate and House. It will carry some weight.

Get it out there!!

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#2 highspeed

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Done!!

#3 RECarry

• 1,225 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Nice and simple! Forwarding to about twenty sympathizers now.
A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#4 papa

• 4,096 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Done also.

#5 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Done as well.

Also posted to Facebook.

Edited by tricky1, 05 March 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#6 papa

• 4,096 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

abolt , is this on illinoiscarry face book page also?

#7 Scots

• 1,662 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Done!
NRA Life Member, SAF Life Member, ISRA Member

#8 TyGuy

• 6,021 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

QED done
ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#9 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,314 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

abolt , is this on illinoiscarry face book page also?

Not yet, Headed there now. I'll see if I can figure how to do it!!

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#10 Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Done :rolleyes:

#11 Steve O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Done... Why can't we see the results???
"The more criminal the leadership of a country becomes, the easier it is for the average person to find himself labeled a criminal by that same leadership." ME

"A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm… is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.” [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. - 1878"]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

#12 KingWalleye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Done and done.

#13 agalloch07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

done

#14 mack69

"The surely one"

• 4,232 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Did it...so did the Mrs. and boys...
"The defense of our liberties is first at the ballot box, then the soap box, then the jury box and finally, failing all else, the cartridge box"
"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

-- George Orwell

#15 Murph

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Done

#16 vstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm in...

#17 Beezil

• 2,332 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

60613 says "i'm with the "downstaters"

#18 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,314 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Sorry, I misspoke. It's not a poll, it's a petition. If you sign it, you're against Chicago gun laws. There is no spot for "I like Chicago gun laws". I'll correct the OP.

Tim

--Samuel Adams

#19 bushyfan24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

60613 says "i'm with the "downstaters"

60655 sez +1

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

#20 howie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Done.

NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
NRA Basic Pistol/Rifle Instructor
ISP Approved CCW Instructor

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

"I am not well versed in history, but I will submit to your recollection, whether liberty has been destroyed most often by the licentiousness of the people, or by the tyranny of rulers. I imagine, sir, you will find the balance on the side of tyranny."- Patrick Henry

#21 lieut89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Done!

#22 Steve O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Sorry, I misspoke. It's not a poll, it's a petition. If you sign it, you're against Chicago gun laws. There is no spot for "I like Chicago gun laws". I'll correct the OP.

Tim

In my excitement at a chance to voice my disapproval, I wasn't thinking.... I've forwarded it to several friends here near Chicago.... No I can't see many anti's signing that :Drunk emoticon:
"The more criminal the leadership of a country becomes, the easier it is for the average person to find himself labeled a criminal by that same leadership." ME

"A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm… is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.” [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. - 1878"]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

#23 Hatchet

• 2,173 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

60482 signed it
"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#24 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,314 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Tim

In my excitement at a chance to voice my disapproval, I wasn't thinking.... I've forwarded it to several friends here near Chicago.... No I can't see many anti's signing that Posted Image

'sOK Steve, not everyone in Chicago is anti gun. Maybe they'll sign it anyway!! It's for folks from all over the state that hate what the politicians from the NE corner are doing to our rights.

--Samuel Adams

#25 Thanks2mcdonald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Done. I live in Chicago and I am tired of the anti-gun noise.

#26 Bimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Done!!!
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#27 oldude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Done

#28 Joeyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Done. I live in Chicago and I am tired of the anti-gun noise.

+1

#29 samy12386

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Done
SEMPER FI

#30 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• 2,573 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

60659 says "I'm with the down staters!"
  • They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance