Photo

Could you imagine? Iowa's constitutional amendment...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 NakPPI

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

"The right of individuals to acquire, keep, possess, transport, carry, transfer, and use arms for defense of life and liberty and for all other legitimate purposes is fundamental and shall not be denied or infringed. Mandatory licensing, registration, or special taxation as a condition of the exercise of this right is prohibited, and any other restriction shall be subject to strict scrutiny.”

http://www.guns.com/...-gun-bills.html

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#2 Gooch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Holy crap......

So Iowa dosen't have to have a con-con to change the State Constitution?

Gooch

#3 DoYouFeelLucky

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Everytime I cross the river from my home state of IA to my adopted state of residence (IL) I throw up a little in my mouth. IA isn't perfect by any means, however they work real hard to not be like IL. Even the run-of-the-mill IA democrats are more conservative and freedom focused than IL republicans.
Freedom has a cost, and a free society must always be vigilant and ready to defend themselves against those that would misuse those freedoms to harm others. You cannot legislate the protection of free people, they must turn to themselves to preserve and maintain their freedom. Copyright 2012 Niner8Zulu Consulting

#4 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

Everytime I cross the river from my home state of IA to my adopted state of residence (IL) I throw up a little in my mouth. IA isn't perfect by any means, however they work real hard to not be like IL. Even the run-of-the-mill IA democrats are more conservative and freedom focused than IL republicans.

You're entitled to your own opinion - but I'll keep my Illinois state Rep. and state Senator. Not only are they quite conservative . . .but they BOTH came to my benefit and contributed greatly! My state rep. Jim Sacia was the celebrity auctioneer. And state Senator Tim Bivens purchased several big ticket items! Now that's what I call helping your constituents!! I just can't thank them both enough! And they are both SOLID defenders of the 2nd Amendment!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#5 DoYouFeelLucky

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

It isn't that IL doesn't have some good politicians, it's just that IL has so many bad politicians that they just overshadow the good ones.
Freedom has a cost, and a free society must always be vigilant and ready to defend themselves against those that would misuse those freedoms to harm others. You cannot legislate the protection of free people, they must turn to themselves to preserve and maintain their freedom. Copyright 2012 Niner8Zulu Consulting

#6 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

It isn't that IL doesn't have some good politicians, it's just that IL has so many bad politicians that they just overshadow the good ones.

We export some to Washington D.C. too.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#7 SFC Stu

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

We export some to Washington D.C. too.

This part of the problem, unfortunately! As a life member of the Iowa Firearms Coalition, I support this Constitutional Amendment 100%. I lived in Iowa for 18 years and then moved back across the border to NE Missouri.

I hope that the Illinois people will throw some of the anti freedom politicans out and pass a good carry law. If you are not one of the people who belong to the Illinois State Rifle Association, please consider joining. www.ISRA.org

#8 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Then we fight in the shade!
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095