Apendix Carry?

LPD5408

I got a Raven Concealment vanguard holster in a recent trade. I normally carry a 27 on duty as a backup and also carry the same gun off duty. I have been carrying this pistol with a clip draw for several years. When I saw the vanguard I figured it would make the G27 a little safer as before the trigger was unprotected. Now that I have the vanguard I tried apendix carry for all of 5 minutes. I'm off this weekend so plan on trying it out a little more. My question is does anybody here carry appendix and if you do what holster are you using?

I got a Raven Concealment vanguard holster in a recent trade. I normally carry a 27 on duty as a backup and also carry the same gun off duty. I have been carrying this pistol with a clip draw for several years. When I saw the vanguard I figured it would make the G27 a little safer as before the trigger was unprotected. Now that I have the vanguard I tried apendix carry for all of 5 minutes. I'm off this weekend so plan on trying it out a little more. My question is does anybody here carry appendix and if you do what holster are you using?

Sadly, my body type is not conducive to appendix carry. I have "dickie-do disease".

If I remain standing, appendix carry is ok but sitting is out of the question. There's more of this Marine than there was 12 yrs ago.

Besides being the wrong body type for Appendix carry, I have this unfounded but yet terrible thought of an accidental discharge (yeah, I know, no such thing, but humor me!). Were that to happen, I'd lots rather shoot off what's in back than what's in front!!

Tim

Besides being the wrong body type for Appendix carry, I have this unfounded but yet terrible thought of an accidental discharge (yeah, I know, no such thing, but humor me!). Were that to happen, I'd lots rather shoot off what's in back than what's in front!!

Tim

This is a thought that has crossed my mind. I've never needed to draw from appendix always have the gun holstered when I put it on.

If I remain standing, appendix carry is ok but sitting is out of the question. There's more of this Marine than there was 12 yrs ago.

Tim

yes1.gifyes1.gif For sure!

• 2 weeks later...

2 places I don't carry, the appendix and the spine but for different reasons. One has to do with safety while the other has to do with too many peanut butter cups and hershy kisses among other things.

those were my first thoughts when I read the OP.

I slipped on the ice a few weeks ago and went down on my backside. I can only imagine what it might have felt like if there was a hard piece of metal there.

• 1 year later...

I'm in the market for a new AIWB for my KT PF9. I don't worry about shooting my junk off - the gun is holstered when I strap it on...and it stays holstered when I take it off. I dry fire with snap caps for practice...I have trained to keep my finger away from the trigger...and I am NEVER in a hurry to re-holster (I look down and use two hands). Don't know why people are so caught up on negligent discharges - are y'all planning to have one anyway???? Should not be an increase in your chance to ND just because you carry AIWB vs OWB vs IWB vs SOB vs ankle vs shoulder vs etc etc etc.

With this being said - any ideas for this gun? I own a PJ Holster but am looking for something with a leather sweatguard, yet minimal.

Thanks as always!

Take a look at MT Holster Bare Bones. My cousin was pulling this off in the appendix real well.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0207/7210/products/XDS_IWB-BB_Coyote_2_1024x1024.jpg?491

I can't do appendix but I tried it on at 4 o clock and it felt good there to me so I wouldn't worry about it being another holster for the drawer. I believe he said it was only $35. I loved the wide clip too.

I appendix carry a XDm 9mm with a Cross Breed QwikClip. It is quite comfortable but sitting down can be interesting during the summer when I have the gun riding lower to keep from printing.

There are too many horror stories about falling backwards on the gun for me to carry behind me. Besides, I don't like the idea that someone could grab my gun so easily while carrying on the back.

I will admit though, the thought has crossed my mind where the gun is pointed during appendix carry...then I figure I'm married, I don't use it much anyway.

Archived