Photo

Emily Miller on the job

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

Maybe we need to get Emily or someone else to start writing in the paper about the gun laws here!!

http://www.washingto...n-rights-in-dc/

#2 chicago guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

She, or someone else might write one, but it would never get published in Chicago. (An if it did, all the Joyce Foundation types would just scream, "Look at this, we need to tighten up the loopholes in this lax procedure." :)

#3 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

She, or someone else might write one, but it would never get published in Chicago. (An if it did, all the Joyce Foundation types would just scream, "Look at this, we need to tighten up the loopholes in this lax procedure." :)

I'll bet those who are friendly to the 2A in DC say the same thing in regards to never getting published. We are starting to see more positive articles even on the TV that are moving towards our side. All the crap that Chicago is trying to push right now to attempt and deflect our vision of RTC is a sign of them crumbling. We keep marching forward!
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#4 Xwing

• Members
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Emily did a great series. On Feb 8, she finally got her gun (in a process that started last October.) Nice to hear it helped bring to bear a little preasure on the D.C. Council. http://www.washingto....com/blog/guns/
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#5 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

I have been enjoying Emily's articles. Hopefully the Washington residents will tire of the policies of repression from their local government.

* Carthago delenda est *
Kurt on G+

#6 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Only took her from Oct to the middle of February to go through the process. Now she is being told that due to transportation laws if she wants to go get ammo and go shoot she has to go over to VA and get her ammo. Then turn around and go back to her house in DC to get her gun then go back to the range in VA. Can't stop for fuel, can't stop for a restroom just straight from her house to the range and straight back.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#7 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Favorite line.....

"That’s a whole lotta carrying around a weapon that someone could snatch out of your hand while you’re going to the gun store,”

#8 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

Who does Washington's gun laws protect? That's the question that should be asked.

Same as Chicago.

* Carthago delenda est *
Kurt on G+

#9 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Clearly it protects the bad guys!! Just like here in IL. Emily is on iheart radio channel 1370WSPD right now speaking to Brian Wilson

#10 TFC

• Members
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

She must have had some effect...
http://www.nraila.or...to-gun-law.aspx
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...