How serious are you about getting concealed carry passed in Illinois

Bud

I am a frequent poster and because I am not a member of the Illinois Carry staff or admin and not even a moderator, I get to pretty much say whatever i like here. I do get censored a ccouple of times a year when I get a little too aggressive in firing on one of what I call yammerheads.

I also have to admit that in a fashion, I am an elitist. I like belonging here and I loike being part of the movement that is helping restore our @A rights to illinois.

We ain't big, but we are sure vocal.

and elite.

Here's the thing though. It costs money for Valinda ("Molly B.") and Mike Rowe and Mike W. and all the other owners of Illinois Carry to traipse around the State and appear at local Town Halls in support of the RTC and even running this website.

It costs MONEY and frequently, they spend money out of their pocket fighting the good fight.

They don't make a big deal of it but Illinois Carry is always in need of more bucks. The staff try to come up with ideas to generate that money but most of those ideas cost money to generate monet. Apparel, pins, bumper stickers, and even the raffles cause overhead and that adds up quickly.

The very best kind of money for Illinois Carry gets is the kind that is donated by people like me and many others who believe in the cause. I am not a good public speaker and I don't think fast enough to help mout at Q&As and I have a very short attention span for people who act like a rock with lips so about the only way I can help is to become a supporting team member.

A supporting team member is a person who has decided that the RTC is something bigger then his or herself and has bought a subscription to Illinois Carry.

I buy one every year for no other reeason then i like to know that the fight is my fight too.

I also have a much higher respect for any poster that has "supporting team member" under their screen name.

Sorry, not proud of it (yes, I am) but I really believe that thier are Iillinois Carry team members and then there is everybody else.

We are going to win this fight this year. If you want to take some ownership in that fight and the win, then it is time to step up. Find $25 or $50 and buy a subscription to Illinois Carry.

Become an owner in the fight that will make history this year.

And if I can make a suggestion here - when you donate through Paypal they charge a fee for the procession. Not a big deal as they are capitalists and fill a need.

When I donate I either send a check directly to Abolt or Molly or if I go through paypal I gross up my donation by 3% - I.e. I donate $1030 dollars so that IC get the entire $1000 dollars. {got ya wondering there don't I?}

PS If you do donate to IGOLD you get a great IGOLD Donor hat too.

And if I can make a suggestion here - when you donate through Paypal they charge a fee for the procession. Not a big deal as they are capitalists and fill a need.

When I donate I either send a check directly to Abolt or Molly or if I go through paypal I gross up my donation by 3% - I.e. I donate $1030 dollars so that IC get the entire $1000 dollars. {got ya wondering there don't I?}

In case you're wondering, the address for direct donations is:

Illinois Carry

1111 W.North 4th Street

Shelbyville, IL 62565

Please indicate on the check or on a separate piece of paper if you're buying raffle tickets, want to become a supporting member, donating to IGOLD, or just making a donation to Illinois Carry because you want to help make history.

Thanks.

Tim

To clarify, the IGOLD donor hat comes with IGOLD donations to the ISRA. Budman, thank you for helping

generate funds for IllinoisCarry. Yes, we are always looking for funds to rent facilities to conduct our

town hall meetings, print up fliers, etc..

We are very grateful for all the contributions that help to educate the good folks of Illinois about their right

to carry!

Budman5, Good job, you shamed me into sending in a membership subscription. I've send support in the past and planned on getting a membership subscription but hadn't. That drop down box by my forum name never worked for me, so I'm snail mailing it in. Seeing it is Presidents Day it will be on its way tomorrow.

OK other folks, tight old Junglebob sent in a subscription, you should too. This years will be a very big IGOLD I predict and money is needed for those town hall meetings, that are helping get the upstate support we need.

In case you're wondering, the address for direct donations is:

Illinois Carry

1111 W.North 4th Street

Shelbyville, IL 62565

Please indicate on the check or on a separate piece of paper if you're buying raffle tickets, want to become a supporting member, donating to IGOLD, or just making a donation to Illinois Carry because you want to help make history.

Thanks.

Tim

Well put Bud.

I HATE PayPal. So, it looks like I will be using this method to donate since Google Wallet went poof here.

Not only do I support the work Valinda & Co do, I am even more controversial than BudMan and figure that I would be banned if I didn't contribute.

So, I think I'll just add illinoiscarry.com to my electronic checking payees and keep talking about un-licensed open carry in non home rule areas of Illinois.

Cheers.

I also have a much higher respect for any poster that has "supporting team member" under their screen name.

Probably not a good idea to base how much respect you have for someone on that "supporting team member" label. Not everyone that mails a check gets upgraded from "member" to "supporting team member". Trust me, this is a fact.

Probably not a good idea to base how much respect you have for someone on that "supporting team member" label. Not everyone that mails a check gets upgraded from "member" to "supporting team member". Trust me, this is a fact.

Did you mail a check to this address? Did you indicate that it was for a supporting membership? Give us a clue as to the ID on the check and we'll fix that! I have recieved checks here lately just marked "dontation" with no indication as to screen name or any other ID. The latest of those was from a bank in zip code 60527 and another from an individual in Grayville. Either of those you?? I try to keep a record of the donations recieved here. I want everyone to get the recognition they are due!

Please folks, if you send in a dontation, please indicate how you would like that donation applied. Thanks!!

T

I am sure there are a few who have donated money and never asked for , nor wanted , any recognition.

I do agree that if you haven't donated a few dollars to the cause , now would be a great time to do so.

Good idea or not, that is what I use to base how much credit I give to a poster's thoughts/ideas/responses.

Ever notice that there are a number of people here who are quite vocal, often voice an opposing opinion and cause some fights and are often toitally convinced that they have the only way for us to proceed but they rae rarely, if ever, more that just another voice who contributes nothing? They don't show up at Town Halls, they write no letters to the Editor and they don't make any monetary contribution, zip, nadda, nothing. But they expect to be treated with equality and sometimes even more.

You should know that most of the people here who are really serious about this go much further then just log on to the forum and react to other people's posts.

I think RTC will happen in Illinois this year. No, I believe it will happen this year. It will happen because of Molly and MikeW and Todd and the ISRA and the NRA and I also don't believe anyone who doesn't pay more than lip service to the fight should have any right to b**** and moan about the methods and means and the path to follow.

But, I am not "staff" so I don't get to make the rules so it is an open forum.

But, I also know the people leading the charge need money to operate because they are fighting the entire political system in Illinois on the behalf of me and my family, my neighbors and all the other citizens of Illinois who feel that the second Amendment means more than "subject to the police power".

In my mind's eye, that makes the ISRA, the NRA, the Second Amendment Foundation, Illinois Carry and all the people who are making the fight exactlty the same as those folks who "pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor" some two hundred plus years ago.

It really is the same thing. They are a very small band of dissimilar people who have all come together to fight against a tyranical corrupt government to get their and our rights restored.

It doesn't matter how much everyone gives but every dime that can be found is needed and we are so damn close it would be a shame to lose it because of a lack of money.

We're fighting an entire political machine and all of their Brady bunch allies including the Joyce Foundation and George Soros.

Geez Budman, you work'n on commission? tongue.png

yes

If Illinois Carry succeeds, my wife and son get a concealed carry permit

Actually, I just know how much easier a job gets when it is funded. This year is the year. I would hate to see the momentum derailed because of a lack of funds

With all due respect Bud, and I do appreciate many of your comments on this site, some posters might not have a title that you respect. However, if they are NRA, ISRA, GSL, etc... members, they would be contributing too.

That is just Bud's opinion, ignore it if you prefer. I often generalize based on affiliations. It does not mean you will be ignored if you are not a supporting member just that Bud has prioritized such as a peg or two lower on the subjective scale. We all do it we don't necessarily make public our criteria upon which we judge.

With all due respect Bud, and I do appreciate many of your comments on this site, some posters might not have a title that you respect. However, if they are NRA, ISRA, GSL, etc... members, they would be contributing too.

That is just Bud's opinion, ignore it if you prefer. I often generalize based on affiliations. It does not mean you will be ignored if you are not a supporting member just that Bud has prioritized such as a peg or two lower on the subjective scale. We all do it we don't necessarily make public our criteria upon which we judge.

I couldn't ignore Bud. I think the same way he does judged on his posts. This one I didn't, no biggie. We are all here for 1 reason. Opinions on other subjects, well we all know the saying. :thumbsup:

Bud, Just as an FYI - some of us send in more than the subscription rate but do not get the supporting member tag because of the way we contribute.

LOL it says so much Bud that you assume that if one gives nothing to Illinois Carry that they are doing nothing..

Seems as if you are a man of assumptions, I don't have a supporting member "tag" I don't always agree with Illinois Carry, I must be doing nothing..LOL..

Man you sure sang a different tune than 2-3 years ago..

Ever think Illinois Carry does not give credit to other people for doing such things?

I know for a fact this is the case, PM me if you would like.

money talks while BS usually walks away

I have no idea who you are or what you are doing to further the effort.

On the other hand, I know how much Valinda and Mike Rowe are doing, Mike W., the ISRA and the NRA and Todd.

I also know it costs bucks to run the website and if I am using it everyday, then I should be contributing to its maintenance and costs.

Many of us very conservative folks are like that, we like to pay our own way, and try very hard not to take advantage of others or expect others to pay for us.

In any event, rest assured, my opinion of you will remain the same regardless of whether you donate or not.

money talks while BS usually walks away

I have no idea who you are or what you are doing to further the effort.

On the other hand, I know how much Valinda and Mike Rowe are doing, Mike W., the ISRA and the NRA and Todd.

I also know it costs bucks to run the website and if I am using it everyday, then I should be contributing to its maintenance and costs.

Many of us very conservative folks are like that, we like to pay our own way, and try very hard not to take advantage of others or expect others to pay for us.

In any event, rest assured, my opinion of you will remain the same regardless of whether you donate or not.

As will mine of you. I respect you for what you beleive in. I just know what that is.

Great post. I PayPal'd a little extra cash. Thanks for fighting the good fight. I will also admit that it bothers me when I see members of the board posting and complaining about our rights when they aren’t supporting these boards financially. Also, if you can't donate there are other ways you can help as well.

Great post. I PayPal'd a little extra cash. Thanks for fighting the good fight. I will also admit that it bothers me when I see members of the board posting and complaining about our rights when they aren't supporting these boards financially. Also, if you can't donate there are other ways you can help as well.

Bull ****!!

Did you not even read Lou's post? How do you know who's supporting this board financially and who's not? By whether they have "Supporting Team Member" under their name? Some of us send money to illinoiscarry and it's used for other purposes. You have no idea who's donated to IC or how much they sent based on whether they are listed as a" Supporting Team Member" or they're listed as just a "Member".

After previewing this post I find that the board does it's own automatic censoring. The 4 stars were spelled out when I wrote this. I decided I don't even care if I get kicked off here.

Great post. I PayPal'd a little extra cash. Thanks for fighting the good fight. I will also admit that it bothers me when I see members of the board posting and complaining about our rights when they aren't supporting these boards financially. Also, if you can't donate there are other ways you can help as well.

Bull ****!!

Did you not even read Lou's post? How do you know who's supporting this board financially and who's not? By whether they have "Supporting Team Member" under their name? Some of us send money to illinoiscarry and it's used for other purposes. You have no idea who's donated to IC or how much they sent based on whether they are listed as a" Supporting Team Member" or they're listed as just a "Member".

After previewing this post I find that the board does it's own automatic censoring. The 4 stars were spelled out when I wrote this. I decided I don't even care if I get kicked off here.

I'll leave the name calling for the playground and give you an adult response.

I have two neighbors, 5 family members, 2 co-works, and several other acquaintances (that are members of this board) that I have met at my FFLs house or the local gun range. I can count on one hand the number of people that I know or have met that are members here and either vote, donate, or call their local legislator in support. I did not say one word about needing to see “Supporting Team Member" under anyone's name on here. Some of the people I was talking about I love dearly and would do anything for, but I cannot convince them to help. Instead I have listened to them in face-to-face conversation and I have been told repeatedly that it is just a losing battle. I have also been told why they choose not to donate, make calls, vote, etc... I have read several of my co-works posts here on these boards about moving out of IL all together because of the Chicago machine.

I said the same thing in that post that I tell people all the time. You have no right to complain if you are trying to make a change yourself. Join the NRA, ISRA, vote, make phone calls, donate…do anything you want. Just do something….

On a side note PPK. Do not respond to anymore of my threads or posts. I will not speak or respond to you directly either. I do not have appreciation or admiration for you at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived