Photo

Channel 2 News - CBS Chicago

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

They just aired a segment that was essentially pro-gun. They interviewed a woman in Chicago who had shot and killed an intruder in her home with a handgun. No reference to whether the gun was registered.

They had Sen Dan Kotowski speaking against HB148 in the segment. However, the over all slant of the segment came across pro-gun.

That's the Chicago mainstream media airing a pro-gun segment. Wow, we have made a lot of progress.

#2 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• Members
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Lulling you into thinking they are pro-gun..... Probably getting ready to drop some type of anti-2nd bomb on us any minute.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those

who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.

- Thomas Jefferson

#3 NakPPI

• Members
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Linky Linky

Sounds like they are pimping the Logan Square town hall to me.

Edited by NakPPI, 17 February 2012 - 10:49 PM.

Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#4 Buzzard

• Supporting Members Team
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Illinois state Sen. Dan Kotowski, D-Mount Prospect, says the state needs a better plan to protect citizens on the street from handgun violence.

“I was held up at gunpoint, and so I know a lot of people have been impacted,” he says. “But that being said, we need to have a balanced, reasonable approach.”

No thanks, Senator. I want to have something with a LOT more stopping power than a "balanced, reasonable approach” to defend myself with. Something like a .45 ACP 230gr. Federal Hydra-Shok is more to my liking.

#5 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,504 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

This was a great segment interviewing Radie, who will be one of our speakers Monday evening at the Logan Square Auditorium.
I tell you for sure, with this balanced presentation on Chicago TV news, there are snowflakes in Hades this day!!
This is one of the things that causes me to believe we are making headway in Chicago!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#6 tom

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

Yeah but did you hear the senators response? Loaded concealed handgun"
Word for word from his buddy quinn...

#7 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 4,295 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

Nowhere in HB148 does it state that Kotowski would be required to carry a loaded concealed handgun. He can just keep carrying his wallet like he has done in the past.
Have all boated who fish?

#8 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

He was held at gun point and is looking for a balanced approach. Balanced would be that the victim also had a gun, IMO. If he was quoted stating needing a balanced approach, this could group with the other thread from the Rahmfather talking about good law abiding citizens.
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#9 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Illinois state Sen. Dan Kotowski, D-Mount Prospect, says the state needs a better plan to protect citizens on the street from handgun violence.

"I was held up at gunpoint, and so I know a lot of people have been impacted," he says. "But that being said, we need to have a balanced, reasonable approach."

No thanks, Senator. I want to have something with a LOT more stopping power than a "balanced, reasonable approach" to defend myself with. Something like a .45 ACP 230gr. Federal Hydra-Shok is more to my liking.

He can have his "balanced reasonable (made up)" approach to self defense as soon as all the gang-bangers sign on. He should've told his assailant "it's illegal for you to have that gun. Hand it to me, and I'll destroy it for you". Let's see how well that works for him... But instead, he just keeps trying to disarm the victims.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#10 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Many politicians only care if statics look good for them. In this self centered view a woman defending her life with a gun is the same as a car jacker shooting a motorist. They both go down in the "gun violence" category. This doesn't look good in the polls.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Kurt on G+

#11 billzfx4

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Maybe a more balanced and reasonable approach would to to ban people fom carrying wallets. If nobody has a wallet, there would be no reason for criminals to hold people up at gun point to rob them of it. :)
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#12 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,326 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Pro 2a coverage from the mains stream media? something is a miss...

Edited by Patriots & Tyrants, 18 February 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#13 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

I think its hilarious that even though he was held up at gun point, as a true democrat would, he feels sorry for that person that was forced to try and steal other peoples money to support his drug habit, and therefore all guns should be outlawed.

#14 boog

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Once again I am shocked
Boog

Attached Images

• shockface.jpg

CarrySafely.com

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor