Channel 2 News - CBS Chicago

Jeckler

They just aired a segment that was essentially pro-gun. They interviewed a woman in Chicago who had shot and killed an intruder in her home with a handgun. No reference to whether the gun was registered.

They had Sen Dan Kotowski speaking against HB148 in the segment. However, the over all slant of the segment came across pro-gun.

That's the Chicago mainstream media airing a pro-gun segment. Wow, we have made a lot of progress.

Illinois state Sen. Dan Kotowski, D-Mount Prospect, says the state needs a better plan to protect citizens on the street from handgun violence.

“I was held up at gunpoint, and so I know a lot of people have been impacted,” he says. “But that being said, we need to have a balanced, reasonable approach.”

No thanks, Senator. I want to have something with a LOT more stopping power than a "balanced, reasonable approach” to defend myself with. Something like a .45 ACP 230gr. Federal Hydra-Shok is more to my liking.

Illinois state Sen. Dan Kotowski, D-Mount Prospect, says the state needs a better plan to protect citizens on the street from handgun violence.

"I was held up at gunpoint, and so I know a lot of people have been impacted," he says. "But that being said, we need to have a balanced, reasonable approach."

No thanks, Senator. I want to have something with a LOT more stopping power than a "balanced, reasonable approach" to defend myself with. Something like a .45 ACP 230gr. Federal Hydra-Shok is more to my liking.

He can have his "balanced reasonable (made up)" approach to self defense as soon as all the gang-bangers sign on. He should've told his assailant "it's illegal for you to have that gun. Hand it to me, and I'll destroy it for you". Let's see how well that works for him... But instead, he just keeps trying to disarm the victims.

Archived