Photo

Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall - Alsip

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,762 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Chicago - Alsip
Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting
Friday, Feb. 24, 2012

7:00-9:00 pm
DoubleTree by Hilton
5000 West 127th Street
Alsip, IL 60803

Attached File  Alsip town hall flier.pdf   848.22KB   192 downloads

Message from Dr. Paula:

I would like to ask members of Illinois Carry to call or email me if they live in Monique Davis's district, House District 27.

Her current district includes some of the 21st, 19th, and 34th wards as well as parts of Calumet Township, Alsip,
Crestwood and Palos Heights. The link to her district map is http://www.housedem....m/district.htm.

The new district map, street by street, can be found on the IL State Board of Elections website (Type in 27, click on House 27.

We need help displaying fliers and sending out emailings of the upcoming town hall meeting. My number is 708-710-2511 and my email is redcolt55(at)att.net.

Dr. Paula Bratich

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,919 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for the post! :headbang1:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#3 Yas

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Will Todd be attending this one? That's always a special treat!

#4 Arch1GLK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Oh for sure I and some neighbors will attend.
This district overlaps "CHICAGO WAY" with BOB RITA's district which I have the misfortune of being represented.

The area is already showing signs of brute crime, and our voices will be heard.

#5 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

I hope to make this one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Kurt on G+

#6 Cec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

I am hoping to make it as well. I am also trying to get some of the people from our Facebook page to come as well

#7 Hatchet

• 2,182 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think I'm free that day. I'm gunna see who else I can get to go.
"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#8 eric2281

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'm hoping to make this one. :thumbsup:
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men" ~ Monsignor (Boondock Saints)

"Lack of interest has it's price... as we're stripped of all our rights" - KMFDM

"Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying? A: Their lips are moving" - Lou

NRA & ISRA Member / Member of the Rifles & Roundels society Posted Image

#9 junglebob

• 5,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

What state reps district is Alsip in? Does the state rep support HB148? It would be good to know who it is so those of us who can't attend can send an email. State senator as well.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#10 Molly B.

• 11,762 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

What state reps district is Alsip in? Does the state rep support HB148? It would be good to know who it is so those of us who can't attend can send an email. State senator as well.

This is House Dist. 27, Rep. Monique Davis. She is the one who stood on the House floor and trashed the Right to
Carry bill and betrayed her whole district by denying them the right to protect themselves.Corresponding
senator is Emil Jones III. They both have opponents running against them in the primary. Davis' opponent,
Preston Brown, Jr. supports right to carry.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#11 FarmHand357

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

Molly, do you believe that Preston Brown has a fighting chance? If not, I hate to waste my hard-earned bucks but, if Monique Davis--with the advantages that come with being an incumbent--is beatable, would it not be very beneficial for as many of us as possible to contribute to Mr. Brown's campaign? Thanks in advance to any further insights...

His web page: http://www.prestonbr....com/about.html

Edited by FarmHand357, 14 February 2012 - 08:16 PM.

Punish the crime, not the freedom

#12 Molly B.

• 11,762 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

IllinoisCarry cannot endorse individual candidates but I always think it is in our best interest to support
candidates who support our Constitutional rights.

#13 FarmHand357

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Molly, I appreciate the info. I do want to point out that I couldn't find anywhere on Mr. Brown's web site his position on right to carry. If that was all I had to go by, I would have no idea that he's a good candidate for 2nd Amendment supporters.

But, thanks to your information, I made a personal decision to make a significant (for me) contribution to his election campaign... Thanks.
Punish the crime, not the freedom

#14 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

I emailed Preston Brown, and he will be attending. he said he spoke to Otis McDonald last week. I'm going to make it since I live in Oak Forest. also I emailed Will Davis, the dist Rep 30 and haven't heard back from him.

#15 Mrs. Federal Farmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm at the Alsip meeting, please excuse cell phone typing.
Just want to tel you it is full of attendees. People still coming in,too
Audience is a surprisingly balanced mix of young, old, male, female, black, white.
I'd say could be 50/50 of all the above.
Also many families, children included.

State Rep Monique Davis is not here. She did not choose to attend.
Preston Brown, the candidate who wants to
represent Monique's constituents is here.

The audience appears perhaps 2/3 unfamiliar with much of second
amendment laws and info, and overwhelmingly eager and interested in what they're
Learning. I'm judging this by the hand raising or lack when question s are asked.

Just wanted to share, cause it's really exciting to be here with this type of reception and interaction

Colleen

Mrs. FF

Instructor: NRA (BasicPistol * PPITH* PPOTH* HFS) Massad Ayoob (MAG-20 Range Defense Extreme Stress)

Illinois Licensed IDFPR * Illinois approved CCW * Co-Plaintiff McDonald v Chicago * President Lawson Handgun Institute

Wife to the fantastic Mr. FF

Like it or not, we women are the core of the family, and of the community. If you want to change the political opinion of a community, you must get to us.
Invite your women to this forum, then sit back and watch us do our thing.

#16 Howard Roark

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for the update Colleen and I hope it is a great event.
Howard Roark
Yay guns!!! boooo anti-gunners!

#17 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• Members
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Just wanted to share, cause it's really exciting to be here with this type of reception and interaction

Colleen

Be careful. It can be a real handful when a room filled with people learn the truth and have the web of lies they have been told for years unravel before them. :Drunk emoticon:
Stand Your Ground

#18 Molly B.

• 11,762 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Fantastic meeting!! Nearly a packed room, very intense crowd eager to learn what they can do to help get a law
passed in Illinois.

It was great to see Preston Brown, candidate running against Monique Davis in the primary and Ricardo Fernandez
who is running in the 18th senate district primary with hopes of running against Cunningham who is anti-carry in the fall.

#19 Yas

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

There was a group filming with Camera at back of meeting. A young gentleman was kind enough to supply me with Starplanettv.com and W. L. Lillard as to who was filming. We'll have to keep an eye open to see if anything gets broadcast or posted on the web.

#20 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Great news!!

And isn't it telling how the politicians that vote against concealed carry don't/won't show up at these meetings?

Could it be that they can't explain why 48 states are wrong and Illinois is right in denying it's citizens the ability to defend themselves?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#21 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Great news!!

And isn't it telling how the politicians that vote against concealed carry don't/won't show up at these meetings?

Could it be that they can't explain why 48 states are wrong and Illinois is right in denying it's citizens the ability to defend themselves?

Just 48?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#22 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

Great news!!

Just 48?

Uh . . . is it 57?

Sorry. I was just telling someone the other night about Sen. Dave Syverson setting Sen. Silverstein straight about comparing state law.

Sen. Silverstein was trying to get a children's bicycle helmet bill out of committee and he said, "17 states have a bicycle helmet law - why shouldn't Illinois?

Sen. Dave Syverson quickly spoke up and said, "well 48 states have concealed carry! Why then doesn't Illinois??"

Of course, that was before Wisconsin became a free state and made it 49. I guess I had that number stuck in my head. Good catch, Drlok!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#23 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

No prob, it's lonely around here in the wee hours, I was just knit pick'n
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#24 USAG

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

W.L. Lillard is frome Star Planet TV and He did the WVON townhall meeting. So if you missed the WVON townhall meeting you can go to stareplanettv.com. Look for Cliff Kelly, he was the host.

#25 Yas

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

Last night was also a glowing example of Chicagoans and suburbanites packing a room together. Most all whom own firearms or are interested in owing them and the wild west didn't happen and not one darn shot was fired. :whistle:

#26 Hatchet

• 2,182 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Friday was a great meeting. It was good to finally meet Molly B. Alot of uninformed people there by the raise of hands. It was still a shame to hear that yall had to pay for a room, that no one would let ya use there place tho.

But they do have some nice bathrooms there lol.
"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#27 prestonbrownjr

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

It was a pleasure meeting everyone on Friday evening. I am committed to ensuring the safety of the citizens of the 27th District and the citizens of the State of Illinois. We are fighting hard to secure a win on the evening of March 20th. I appreciate the pledged support from all of the individuals to whom I had an opportunity to speak with. If you live in the district please give me a call at 773-850-0043. I would love to place a sign in your yard.

The time is now for change. Rep. Davis was hit in the Sun-Times today with another allegation of impropriety.
http://www.suntimes....holarships.html

#28 wilessiuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Mr. Brown,
Found out that you were a concealed carry supporter today from your girlfriend. Suggested to her that you get involved with this forum, but here you are already involved! Good luck in March!!
"To Disarm The People - That Was The Best And Most Effectual Way To Enslave Them" - George Mason

ONE STATE - ONE LAW

#29 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,325 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Mr. Brown,

Welcome to the site and thanks for your participation in the meeting last Friday.

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB