Photo

Peoria area shooting ranges

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ehjay

• Supporting Members Team
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Can anyone provide me with info regarding shooting ranges in the Peoria area? I've been itching to go shooting again but this weather sucks for being outdoors. I know American Firearms has an indoor range, and I also am aware of Chillicothe Sportsman's club. However, I do not have a membership to either, and I read people had some "interesting" experiences with American.

I would appreciate information anyone can provide about these, or other ranges in the area!

Thanks,
AJ

#2 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:30 AM

That's all I know of. What do you mean by "interesting" ? Is Melodie giving people a hard time?
Boog

CarrySafely.com

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#3 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) maintains a great list of places to shoot.

www.wheretoshoot.org is the website. Very handy both locally and when traveling.

If you're not familiar with the NSSF, they have lots of cool information and industry news. www.nssf.org

#4 Ehjay

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

What do you mean by "interesting" ? Is Melodie giving people a hard time?
Boog

As I said, I only read what other people had posted (on arfcom). One person posted he had a "negative" experience and others have mentioned they get a "weird vibe" when browsing there. I have no idea what either of these mean. Was hoping to get some specific feedback about it. I suppose I just have to go out there and see for myself :headbang1:

Thank you Jeckler for the links.

AJ

#5 Ehjay

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Incase anyone cares, I wanted to update this quickly. I got out to American today to shoot on their range. It was a very nice/easy setup to use and the staff were friendly and pleasant to work with.

Boog - Melodie was there but was not giving anyone a hard time that I could tell. I mainly worked with Joel when I had questions (he referred to himself as "the spic") and he was quite helpful.

AJ

#6 Jeff Johnson

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

I browsed at American firearms but didn't feel like paying $ for range and ammo when I can shoot at home. I didn't think they had much for inventory and their prices where on the high side for everything I looked at.
Chillicothe is a good club and so is Fort Defiance near Wyoming Illinois but I haven't been out there in a while.