Photo

Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall - Logan Square

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,196 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting
Monday, Feb.20, 2012
7:00-9:00 pm
Logan Square Auditorium
2539 North Kedzie Blvd # 15
Chicago, IL 60647

We have been working for well over a year to arrange a Right to Carry town hall meeting in this area of the city.
It has finally come together and we will need a lot of help getting the word out about this meeting.
A flier will be available soon and we will need volunteers to help post them throughout the neighborhood and community!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 mstrat

• Members
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Good job! And I'm glad you found such a great location.

For those of you who haven't been there, it's literally steps from the Logan Square blue line stop. It couldn't be more convenient.
Or if you really want to drive, street parking is not horrible if you're willing to walk a few blocks from a residential sidestreet.
ProtectIllinois.org: Share this link to teach others about RTC in IL

#3 Molly B.

• 11,196 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Good job! And I'm glad you found such a great location.

For those of you who haven't been there, it's literally steps from the Logan Square blue line stop. It couldn't be more convenient.
Or if you really want to drive, street parking is not horrible if you're willing to walk a few blocks from a residential sidestreet.

And we were told we could use the parking lot next door also!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#4 Bimmer

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Awesome Molly, I'll try to be there.
Please post on the Facebook page.

Edited by Bimmer, 26 January 2012 - 04:47 PM.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#5 Fidelity Academy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Easy distance for the Fidelity Academy staff, not far from us. We will be there!
Fidelity Investigative Training Academy
"Security Training Concepts You Can Trust"
4224 West Belmont Avenue, 2nd Flr.
Chicago, IL. 6064-4620

Office: (224) 678 - 0311
http://www.FidelityAcademy.us

#6 Skorpius

• Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Awesome! Not too far away from me.
Posted Image
NRA / ISRA

#7 Paulkucz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

Close to me too, I'll try to make it. Are the flyers going to be available to print on the site? I can try to find some places to post some up.

#8 Molly B.

• 11,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yes, we'll get the flier posted as soon as possible. We willneed all the help we can get to get them postedall around that area

#9 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 6,439 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Will there be any local politicians who were invited, and if so, will they be attending?

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#10 Molly B.

• 11,196 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Will there be any local politicians who were invited, and if so, will they be attending?

Local politicians are always invited! Whether they attend or not varies from location to location.

#11 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 6,439 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Logan Square is in the 35th Ward. Alderman Rey Colon voted for the new Chicago Ordinance.

He feels the Supreme Court got it wrong on McDonald vs. Chicago.

My link

Ald. Rey Colon, 35th, whose brother was fatally shot in 1979, said the justices on the nation's top court don't understand the reality of the inner city.

"I understand the right to bear arms, but I also understand parents crying in their sleep," he said.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#12 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Ald. Rey Colon, 35th, whose brother was fatally shot in 1979, said the justices on the nation's top court don't understand the reality of the inner city.

Why is it that whenever a person has a family member fatally shot - they immediately become well-suited for a government position? I just can't see how they instantly become the most qualified person to represent the public. **sigh** I guess I just don't understand the reality of the inner city.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#13 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,264 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Logan Square is in the 35th Ward. Alderman Rey Colon voted for the new Chicago Ordinance.

My link

"I understand the right to bear arms, but I also understand parents crying in their sleep," he said.

My sympathy to Mr. Colon on the loss of his brother. 1979 was at the height of the some of the strongest gun laws in the nation. Well before most states had right to carry, after the enactment of the 1968 GCA. Three years after his brother's death, Chicago put their gun ban in place, to be in force for 28 years. If an out right ban didn't stem the tide of violence, how can anyone expect a registration scheme to have any effect??

What's that saying that attributed to lots of people? "Stupidity (or ignorance) is doing the very same thing and expecting a different outcome."

It looks like it's time to try something radically different re: Chicago and firearms.

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#14 101abn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Why is it that whenever a person has a family member fatally shot - they immediately become well-suited for a government position? I just can't see how they instantly become the most qualified person to represent the public. **sigh** I guess I just don't understand the reality of the inner city.

Probly was a case of mistaken Identity,

Colon was a Gang Banger

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Μολὼν λαβέ

101header.jpg

#15 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,691 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

My link

Colon is a common name but if you Google "colon latin kings" it will show a lot of hits.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#16 101abn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

In 014, far too many parking courtesys are allowed for every church, play-church, church activity, you name it.

Now, so-called 'former' gang member, alderman Rey Colon, has destroyed the beauty of Logan and Kedzie Boulevards by covertly passing an ordinance to allow parking there.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Μολὼν λαβέ

101header.jpg

#17 Joeyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Are the fliers ready? What areas still need to be covered? I'm available to help and also the day of the meeting, for setup, door work, etc.....
Joe.

#18 Molly B.

• 11,196 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Are the fliers ready? What areas still need to be covered? I'm available to help and also the day of the meeting, for setup, door work, etc.....
Joe.

Wonderful!! Is it possible for you to be there about an hour early the day of the meeting?

We are waiting for the final translation of the flier, hopefully have it Monday/tomorrow and will post here
the second it is available.

Molly B.

#19 Joeyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

Joe.

Wonderful!! Is it possible for you to be there about an hour early the day of the meeting

Molly B.

Certainly.

#20 Bimmer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

My Daughter has the day off, so I'll have all the time in world to help out.
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#21 Howard Roark

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Joe.

Wonderful!! Is it possible for you to be there about an hour early the day of the meeting?

We are waiting for the final translation of the flier, hopefully have it Monday/tomorrow and will post here
the second it is available.

Molly B.

I'll be arriving at least one hour before the start, and I have a stack of "49 States Are not Wrong" that I'll bring. I guess there's about 150 flyers in the stack.
Howard Roark
Yay guns!!! boooo anti-gunners!

#22 Molly B.

• 11,196 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

The fliers are finally available! Please print and post everywhere in the Logan Square and surrounding area
you can. We want to reach out to this community and let them know we support their right to protect themselves.

English Attached File  ls-flyer.pdf   105.74KB   146 downloads

Spanish Attached File  ls-flyer-es.pdf   105.95KB   74 downloads

#23 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Are we going to have a lot of support at this meeting? I am hoping to attend. I haven't seen anything in the news or in the paper regarding this town hall meeting.

#24 Molly B.

• 11,196 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

We hope to have a really good turn out. Lots of people and several organizations are posting fliers all around the area.

All the media have been contacted but cooperation from the media is not something we have been able to count on
in the past. Maybe now that Illinois is officially the only state left without a carry law the media will
decide to air/print this.

We just don't know.

#25 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Awesome! Great job putting this together! It's so amazing how even in the Redeye they do a store about thieves, and there are only a few people that comment on the fact that there isn't a CCW right here. I will make sure to find you and introduce myself.

#26 4thestars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

I doubt there will be much chance of actual news coverage, but maybe we can catch the attention of John Kass at the Tribune. I've enjoyed his pieces on RTC.

#27 Druid

Matt Wilson

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

This should be a great event. I'm planning on attending. See some of you there.

#28 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,218 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

This should be a great event. I'm planning on attending. See some of you there.

I wish I could be there to say 'hi'. Colleen will be there, however.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#29 Howard Roark

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Bump to Top. Logan Square town hall meeting is tonight, Monday Feb 20.
Howard Roark
Yay guns!!! boooo anti-gunners!

#30 Bud

• Members
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Bump to Top. Logan Square town hall meeting is tonight, Monday Feb 20.

God Speed to all of those presenting and hosting at the Logan Square Town Hall tonight.

It may prove to be the most important Town Hall of the year.

Watch Fox Chicago tonight for their report on tracing guns used in Chicago crimes and watch all of the Chicago TV stations for coverage (if they even pay attention)
Bud

"The lesson this teaches and which every Afro-American should ponder well, is that a Winchester rifle should have a place of honor in every black home"

Ida B. Wells 1862-1931

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW