Photo

IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,347 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Prairie Capital Convention Center
Springfield, IL

Featured Speaker - Dr. Suzanna Hupp

Survivor of the Luby Cafeteria Massacre and a key figure in passing concealed carry law in Texas.

IllinoisCarry is one of the co-sponsors of IGOLD and we need your support to make it happen!

Contribute here and add the word "IGOLD" to the notes.

IGOLD 23.jpg

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Kerwin Law

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Great choice on featured speaker. See you there.
"The trouble with internet quotes is, not knowing whether they are authentic or not"
Abraham Lincoln

God grant me the wisdom to accept that which I cannot change, and enough ammunition to hold out until morning.

NRA Patron Life Member, ISRA Benefactor Life Member, CCRKBA Life Member, Member : Illinois Carry, GOA, GSL . Sec/Tres Christian County NRA Affiliate (15 years and counting)

#3 fubarud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'll be there.
Articles common to your handbag that make useful defense weapons.

nail file
rat tail comb
teasing brush
pens and pencils
keys
anything rigid

#4 3ddiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Ill be there. This will make #4 for me and glad to take the day off for the cause. Otis Mc Donald was awesome I cant imagine this years speaker wont be.

#5 Davey

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'll be there for sure. I hope to meet some of our forum regulars there.

I'm just waiting for pay day to reserve spot on the GAT Guns bus.

#6 Jeff Johnson

• Members
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

I already booked my bus fare and scheduled the day off. I think I've been at all or almost all of the IGOLDs. I remember the first one were about 50-60 of us met in the cafeteria.

#7 LeeG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

We all need to convince our family and friends to join our event this year. With CCW so close to becoming law in Illinois this year is perhaps the most important IGOLD rally ever. Politicians understand numbers. We must overwhelm the anti-CCW legislators by marching 10,000+ to the capital building in Springfield this year. All firearm owners must step up whether you are a rifle, shotgun, or pistol person. This is a battle for our 2nd Amendment rights in Illinois. If you think the anti-gun people want to stop their efforts at just handguns and not go after ALL GUNS you are ignorant of the legislation that has and will be brought up for consideration in both the Illinois and federal levels. They will go after your hunting grounds, magazine capacity, ammunition taxes and many other items that can limit your rights. My suggestion to those of us that truly care and are involved in this fight, is to spread the word to those friends of yours (and I have them too) that love their target pistol or rifle, their 12 guage shotgun they take out pheasant hunting, their $1,000 skeet gun, that just won't get off their hind ends and help support our cause. I'm disappointed at the people who will not even to a simple thing like call their Representative and Senator to inform them to vote yes when HB148 next comes up for a vote. I understand some people just can't get off work for IGOLD, I also know that thousands are expecting the rest of us to fight the battle for them, and I will do that. In talking to people at gun shows in Wheaton and Kane County, I would guess 50% don't even know what IGOLD is. Lack of advertising is our fault. We have to find more and better ways to get the word out. I wear my IGOLD hat and IGOLD sticker as many times as I can when I'm out. I place posters at businesses and make announcements at meetings I attent for the ISRA. I hope we all put in an extra effort this year to increase our attendance. I've expanded my responsibilities for our gun rights this year. Along with being the Chairman of the Friends of NRA chapter in Joliet, and bus captain for the Joliet IGOLD bus, I've also been elected as a Director of the Illinois State Rifle Association. This year's IGOLD will be the best, but I want it to be known as the IGOLD that swayed the legislators to vote yes for HB148. Let's show the politicians that we are strong in numbers, we are determined, and we are going to stop untill we get what we want. I enjoy a good fight......but I love a victory!

Lee Groharing
NRA Instructor Pistol
NRA Instructor PPOTH

NRA Instructor PPITH
NRA Range Safety Officer
IL Licensed Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
IL Certified CCW Instructor
UT Certificed CCW Instructor

#8 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

I already booked my bus fare and scheduled the day off. I think I've been at all or almost all of the IGOLDs. I remember the first one were about 50-60 of us met in the cafeteria.

Wow, that's come a long way. Will be there on Mar 7. Will be 4th for me. :pirate:
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#9 LeeG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

Wow, that's come a long way. Will be there on Mar 7. Will be 4th for me. :pirate:

I can remember those days too. It's when you went through the metal detectors to make sure no one had any pointy sharp items on them and walked 50 yards to the cafeteria where they had 4,000 metal knives, forks and spoons for anyone to load up with. Top security there I tell ya!!
NRA Instructor Pistol
NRA Instructor PPOTH

NRA Instructor PPITH
NRA Range Safety Officer

#10 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

It's when you went through the metal detectors to make sure no one had any pointy sharp items on them and walked 50 yards to the cafeteria where they had 4,000 metal knives, forks and spoons for anyone to load up with. Top security there I tell ya!!

Totally off-topic: But, just like most places, security there is about making the people “feel safer”, but does very little to actually make them safer. We go through gross indignities and annoyances at an airport. But the naked x-rays and molestations we encounter there would do very little to stop an actual terrorist. There are many ways in which a knowledgeable determined terrorist could bypass security.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#11 Buckfarrack

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

That is a great choice of speaker. I also know TWO people,that were in their sixties,that was eating at Luby's when the stupid @&^%$$@# gunman walked in! We still thank god today they made it out with only a few stitches from glass due to diving out of a window Robert broke out with a plate and foot.

My wife and I plan to be there.

ILCCL exp date: 02/28/2019                                   Supporting Members Team

A gun sign,is a sign...THEY LOST!   T.Vandermyde

#12 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,744 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

I just sent in my donation via Paypal and grossed it up 3% to cover the fee Paypal charges.

Please consider doing that if you choose to use Paypal rather than send a check.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#13 Buckfarrack

• 1,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

n't

ILCCL exp date: 02/28/2019                                   Supporting Members Team

A gun sign,is a sign...THEY LOST!   T.Vandermyde

#14 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,675 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

Got my pto approval today. Posted Image
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#15 DaveShady

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

Living on the border or Iowa/Illinois I think Im going to take the day off and get a few others from here in the
truck and head on down and support the LAST STATE being held hostage.
SET ILLINOIS FREE

#16 LeeG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

Living on the border or Iowa/Illinois I think Im going to take the day off and get a few others from here in the

What town do you live in? There are buses that leave from the Quad Cities. Are you close to Moline?
NRA Instructor Pistol
NRA Instructor PPOTH

NRA Instructor PPITH
NRA Range Safety Officer

#17 Frank

Done... and done!

• 1,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

What town do you live in? There are buses that leave from the Quad Cities. Are you close to Moline?

Put in my PTO request, hope the boss comes through for me. Where can I find more info about buses in the QC area? I was thinking of driving down, but the bus sounds more convenient.

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#18 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,267 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Put in my PTO request, hope the boss comes through for me. Where can I find more info about buses in the QC area? I was thinking of driving down, but the bus sounds more convenient.

Flyers for all the busses that are confirmed are posted HERE. Watch this board for more info.

ETA - ISRA info

The ISRA site has the info for the Quad Cities busses posted.

Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#19 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 6,720 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Any bets on if this will even make any of the news channels in Chicago?

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#20 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,744 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Any bets on if this will even make any of the news channels in Chicago?

The Chicago media has ignored IGOLD in the past but I think this year might be different.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#21 milq

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

We need to start notifying those outlets now in any way possible. I had a dialogue with one tv reporter last year concerning a slanted story and still have her contact info.

I will send her a heads up at the very least.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#22 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• 2,391 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

I don't have the skills to do this, but I think it would be fantastic if someone could figure out a way for those of us going to IGOLD to print an IC nametag with the IC logo, your screen name, and your icon photo. That way we could meet and greet in person, rather than ending up standing next to someone you'd "recognize" if you saw one of their postings and not knowing. Any interest? Anybody out there with the skills?
  • They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#23 Indigo

• 2,391 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

I don't have the skills to do this, but I think it would be fantastic if someone could figure out a way for those of us going to IGOLD to print an IC nametag with the IC logo, your screen name, and your icon photo. That way we could meet and greet in person, rather than ending up standing next to someone you'd "recognize" if you saw one of their postings and not knowing. Any interest? Anybody out there with the skills?
  • They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#24 Jay6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

That sounds like a great idea.... Not sure if this is what your talking about,, was able to use Microsoft office to useCapture11.PNG a basic name tag template

#25 The 45 King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

How do I reserve a spot on the bus?

#26 LeeG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

How do I reserve a spot on the bus?

Log onto the Illinois State Rifle Association web site, www.ISRA.org. Click on the 'IGOLD' emblem on the left side of the page and that will take you to were you can look up the bus information and secure a bus seat online.
NRA Instructor Pistol
NRA Instructor PPOTH

NRA Instructor PPITH
NRA Range Safety Officer

#27 Indigo

• 2,391 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

That sounds like a great idea.... Not sure if this is what your talking about,, was able to use Microsoft office to useCapture11.PNG a basic name tag template

Perfect!

#28 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,267 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

BTT
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#29 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,347 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

$333!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#30 samy12386

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Anyone in te Bloomington area up for a carpool? This is my first btw
SEMPER FI