Photo

IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#151 xmikex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Good luck everybody! Dental appointment today kept me from attending :-(
"I may disapprove of what arms you bear, but I will defend to the death your right to remain armed." -xmikex

#152 milq

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I was at the lookup table too.

good to put a face with a name today!

There's a good crowd, certainly better than last year. Dr. Hupp was a great speaker (as were all of the speakers) and the crowd was very excited before leaving on the march.

I really LOVE the idea that the ladies didn't bother trying to see the Gov. I agree that he's irrelevant in this fight.

Edited by milq, 07 March 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#153 huntall6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

I was the guy slingin the IGOLD buttons!!

Hi!

#154 RECarry

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Proud of you! Really wish I could have made the trip.
A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#155 101abn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

My first gold
One word
AWSOME

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Μολὼν λαβέ

101header.jpg

#156 TyXD983

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Keep putting up a good fight, wish I coulda been there.

Sent from my HERO200 using Xparent Red Tapatalk

#157 Jay6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

I have to say that my first IGOLD was fantastic!!! The Ladies impressed me the most. Molly, Dr.Suzanna Hupp and everyone at the front of the line did an amazing job. THANK YOU

#158 TyGuy

• 10,672 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

I was going to say hello, and introduce myself, to MollyB, but she seemed busy enough not to bother.

I can't wait until my wife and son join me for IGOLD, it's truly a great experience. Two down, about 50 (?) more to go? Not because I doubt RTC coming soon, but because we will always have to fight the anti-gun lobby.

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#159 Yas

• Members
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

We really need to figure out what we can do for Molly, I noticed in her speech she was starting to lose her voice in yet another IGOLD. Double her vitamins the week of the event or something. Things went pretty smoothly. Thanks to the Igold staff organizers and volunteers for the thousands of hours spent prepping for this day. Now have a tasty beverage and finally get some sleep.

#160 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• 1,677 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

I was going to say hello, and introduce myself, to MollyB, but she seemed busy enough not to bother.

I was going to stop and introduce myself to YOU, but you looked to busy at the Legislator-Locator table. Thanks for your hard work, Ty!

-- Frank

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#161 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

For me the high point of the day was being on the Fox Lake bus when WBBM (big-time radio station in Chicago) ran a brief interview with Mike Moore from Anywhere CCW, the sponsor of the Fox Lake bus!!

OK...well maybe that was highlight #2. The real high point was seeing my daughter taking the UTAH CCW class on the bus.

All in all a very good day! :)

#162 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Had a great time, met some locals from here. F12 Mahon and his daughter I believe. Wife was interviewed by Springfield Channel 17 but didn't make the cut it would seem.

Checking the news sites on the way back up I saw one site say "Hundreds" I don't recall which one, but we all had a laugh about that.

I just found one that said 1500...oi vey...
http://www.foxillino...-141848123.html

#163 TyGuy

• 10,672 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Next time say hey Frank!

I did leave my post to listen to Dr Hupp. Sorry, but that's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I did say "I'll be back after Dr. Hupp finishes speaking, and I'll be happy to help you then," when I left.

NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#164 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Twas a good day indeed! Only thing is, it would be nice to be able to just meet everyone here and actually have a chance to visit but we're so dang busy when we get there.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#165 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

That was a fun event. Dr. Hupp was a great speaker. Davey, nice to meet you today when working at the lookup table. :ph34r:

However, I can't believe they ran out of snake t-shirts and sweatshirts!!!! I was there at 11:35am, and they were out of every size already. :cry: Someone did not order enough. I really wanted that shirt! :) I'll bet they could've sold at least 500 more if they had them.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#166 TyGuy

• 10,672 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

You can order the shirts ahead of time through the IGOLD website, fyi.

NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

#167 TyGuy

• 10,672 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

They might even still have some if you want. IDK. Which one were you Xwing? The guy with the laptop or the other guy with the ipad?

NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

#168 BadWaterBill

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Well lets see. I was the dirty OLD man looking for the mom with 3 kids that I have seen for the last few years. Tried to get them and other parents with children to lead the march. Next year WE will do better.

Then I kept yelling at everyone "put all of your metal stuff in the IGOLD envelope"

The Capitol cops said this one thing WE started this year cut the time to enter by 1/3. so thanks for helping out.

#169 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,303 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Just ordered Dr. Hupp's book on Amazon.com. $20 shipped. Once my wife and two daughters in law get it read, I may mail it certified/receipt to Naomi Jacobssen or one of the Chicago lady legislators.

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#170 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,303 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Well lets see. I was the dirty OLD man looking for the mom with 3 kids that I have seen for the last few years. Tried to get them and other parents with children to lead the march. Next year WE will do better.

Then I kept yelling at everyone "put all of your metal stuff in the IGOLD envelope"

The Capitol cops said this one thing WE started this year cut the time to enter by 1/3. so thanks for helping out.

We were using ziplok bags over at the Howlett building. Sure helps to speed up the line. Just being out front warning everyone of what to remove from the pockets helps some. The SoS folks are great to work with every year!

T
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#171 TyGuy

• 10,672 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Bill, I will bring my 3 year old and my wife next year, so we'll be joining you.

NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

#172 robinp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

I noticed the "hundreds attendees" comment by the news anchor of the 6:00 news (Springfield). During the 10:00 news, they changed their terminology to 6,000 to 8,000 attendees.

There were noticably more supporters in attendance as compared to last year. I was encouraged by that and attribute that to all of us getting the word out. It was a good day. Thanks to all for a job well done, a true team effort.

#173 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,820 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

We were using ziplok bags over at the Howlett building. Sure helps to speed up the line. Just being out front warning everyone of what to remove from the pockets helps some. The SoS folks are great to work with every year!

T

Tim, I saw a lot of folks with the baggies and I was telling people at the other Howlett entrance without them to put their metal stuff in the ISRA envelope. That seemed to work well.

One thought I had was for next year's VICTORY CELEBRATION/IGOLD we take up a collection and pass out baggies ourselves.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#174 PPK

Innocent Bystander

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

What a great crowd! My attendance estimate is 8547. But that's just a guess.
It's a wonderful day in the hood...

#175 Vaden

Patriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Not being a social butterfly and working on 32 hours with no sleep, I wandered around by myself most of the day but got everything accomplished. Next year we really need to have IC.com IDs made and worn so we can find each other and introduce ourselves, I didnt want to step in and bother everyone at the IC table as they were all overcrowded as is. I'm glad I went and already have the kids wanting to go next year, heck the WIFE might even go! I wont hold my breath, though.

Next years challenge...where will we leave our concealed weapons since they wont be allowed on the state capitol grounds when we march in to fight to get rid of FOID and Blair-Holt!
"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs."

#176 skottieusa

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Had a great time; impressed with the number of attendees and speakers. TyGuy, XWing and others...enjoyed working with you at the legislature
table.

#177 TyGuy

• 10,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thanks. I almost brought a sticker that said "Hi, my name is TyGuy"

NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

#178 Davey

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

Had a great time; impressed with the number of attendees and speakers. TyGuy, XWing and others...enjoyed working with you at the legislature
table.

I'm guess I'm others. I was the one that looked like the guy in my sig.

#179 skottieusa

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

I like the idea of stickers with names/screen names...something to plan for next year.

#180 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

I concur to the dirty old man comment after seeing the liking you took to my momma bears grey coat :o
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill