Photo

IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#121 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Ok, im off to work until 2am then coming home for a little nap before I zombie over to the Lombard bus and attend my first (of many) IGOLDs!Posted Image

Yup, gonna be a short night here too

Edited by Drylok, 06 March 2012 - 03:22 PM.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#122 Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

See you guys on the Lombard bus and in Springfield!
ISRA, NRA, SAF, IDPA, USPSA, CCRKBA Member
IGOLDer

Guns protect and defend
Let the Constitution be your guide

#123 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Ok, im off to work until 2am then coming home for a little nap before I zombie over to the Lombard bus and attend my first (of many) IGOLDs!Posted Image

I would normally be working til 12a or 1a-ish. However I have a semi-flexible schedule. I came in early today so I can get off at 10 and get some shut eye so wife and I can get up at 5a to leave by 6a to make it to Mendota by 7:30a.

Who will we be seeing on the Rockford/Mendota bus?

#124 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

I don't have the skills to do this, but I think it would be fantastic if someone could figure out a way for those of us going to IGOLD to print an IC nametag with the IC logo, your screen name, and your icon photo. That way we could meet and greet in person, rather than ending up standing next to someone you'd "recognize" if you saw one of their postings and not knowing. Any interest? Anybody out there with the skills?

That sounds like a great idea.... Not sure if this is what your talking about,, was able to use Microsoft office to use a basic name tag template

I know this is kinda late, but...

I picked up a package of Avery Name Badge labels on my way home tonight, and made myself a custom label similar to what Jay6 did above. If you would like your very own custom name badge, let me know and I can print it out tonight and bring it with me tomorrow. It would be great to put some faces with the names of members here.

-- Frank

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#125 F12Mahon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

I would normally be working til 12a or 1a-ish. However I have a semi-flexible schedule. I came in early today so I can get off at 10 and get some shut eye so wife and I can get up at 5a to leave by 6a to make it to Mendota by 7:30a.

Who will we be seeing on the Rockford/Mendota bus?

I and my daughter will be there getting on in Mendota. I thought about breakfast at Ziggys but decided to eat light instead. We'll be wearing yellow. :thinking:

Eugene

#126 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Folks, you'll hear this tomorrow on the buses and before we leave the convention center but it can't be said enough. KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS! Emotions are high, our rights are being denied and we have every reason to be upset but we have to keep our composure. One negative sign, one raised voice or foul language and magically the press will come out of the wood work.

Be Firm, Be Strong, Be Polite
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#127 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

I was thinking sandwiches and chips with us to save a few bucks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

#128 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I was thinking sandwiches and chips with us to save a few bucks.

I don't recall how expensive the sandwiches are at the center. The beers are pretty high I know that.
-Thomas Jefferson-

-Aaron Lewis-

#129 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

Not a drinker so that's not a big deal.

#130 huntall6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

well, just got my things laid out for the morning. i dont post much, but do read quite a bit, and cant wait to meet some of you crazy coots! first round's on me DRYLOK. :thinking:

#131 Vaden

Patriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Lombard bus only 4 hours from now! I can't sleep! 6 ft 3 with size 14 boots, its Vaden not zombie Frankenstein, don't run me off! Go go 5 hour energy!
"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs."

#132 Smitty1955

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

On the road right around 6:00 a.m. Hope to see EVERYONE there!:thinking::clap::thumbsup:

#133 3ddiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

On the way. It looks like a decent weather day too 55 and windy.

#134 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

IGOLD is here, folks! Let's rock and roll!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#135 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,820 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

I'm walking out the door now. See you soon

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#136 TriumphRider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Have Fun, You all. Wish I could be there to help.
Belleville, IL

#137 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

Waiting in Mendota.

#138 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• 1,678 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Leaving the house as soon as my nephew and his wife get here. First IGOLD for all three of us!

-- Frank

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#139 Vaden

Patriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Lombard bus has departed, see you all soon
"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs."

#140 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Still waiting on the Rockford/Mendota bus.

#141 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

Mendota bus is under way.

#142 Rem870

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Urbana buses have been rolling for a while

#143 bersa380

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

What are the chances HB148 could be called during IGOLD today?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

#144 lordjoker1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Here with the kiddos!
That according to "Professor" Michael Bellesiles, the lack of mention of firearms in Colonial literature proves their scarcity, much like the lack of mention of outhouses proves their scarcity.

#145 papa

• 4,056 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Any est. on how many are there? Wish I could be a part of it.

#146 tricky1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

uploadfromtaptalk1331142773073.jpg

#147 Davey

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

What are the chances HB148 could be called during IGOLD today?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Pretty much none. We're waiting for the task force to finish their jibber jabber.

Side note, I'm chilling at the legislator look up table.

#148 samy12386

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Go get em guys! If my son wasnt due any day now I'd be there with u! Can't wait to hear about it.
SEMPER FI

#149 duckies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I couldnt make it as a job opportunity was presented to me yesterday and the interview was today.

Fortis fortuna juvat

#150 TyGuy

• 10,702 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

I was at the lookup table too.

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread