Photo

IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#61 PPK

Innocent Bystander

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Made reservations for 4 today for the Marion bus. That's twice as many as last year. 2 new people headed for Springfield. Posted Image Posted Image
It's a wonderful day in the hood...

#62 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,433 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

$1038!!!
Over half way there!!

Just saying!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#63 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Are IGOLD shirts going to be sold?

I don't see anything about them here or on the ISRA site.

My daughter and I are signed up for the bus out of Fox Lake. (Which is about as north of I-80 as you can get and still be in Illinois). :lol:

#64 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

I'm sure they will, but I haven't seen them yet. I'm surprised they aren't available yet, with only 30 days to go.

Has anyone seen the design for this year's IGOLD t-shirt? They're different every year. My favorite was 2 years ago with the Gadsden flag.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#65 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

In visiting with folks this week while selling tickets and hanging fliers folks sure are supportive. There's even been a few who say they're not gun owners but sure support us and end up buying tickets.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#66 3ddiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

I'm sure they will, but I haven't seen them yet. I'm surprised they aren't available yet, with only 30 days to go.

Has anyone seen the design for this year's IGOLD t-shirt? They're different every year. My favorite was 2 years ago with the Gadsden flag.

I have the flag shirt also. I think it is my favorite design too. I almost always get comments when i wear it.

#67 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

$1238!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#68 milq

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

I didn't notice many kids at IGOLD last year. What is the consensus on kids attending?

My son is 15 and very interested in gun rights since he knows I carry elsewhere and have lived in other states that are less restrictive. As he's a future voter I think it would be good for him to attend.

He's a strong enough student that I have no problem taking him out of school for the day, that's not an issue.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#69 mauser98

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I didn't notice many kids at IGOLD last year. What is the consensus on kids attending?

My son is 15 and very interested in gun rights since he knows I carry elsewhere and have lived in other states that are less restrictive. As he's a future voter I think it would be good for him to attend.

He's a strong enough student that I have no problem taking him out of school for the day, that's not an issue.

milq, I think it's a great idea to bring your son, my son is coming, he is a little older 18, but it is a great learning experience for them.

#70 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

milq, I think it's a great idea to bring your son, my son is coming, he is a little older 18, but it is a great learning experience for them.

My daughter is coming. At 22 she isn't really a "kid" anymore, but this is the first chance she has had to attend. Last few years she had mid-term exams during IGOLD. Since she graduated from college in December she finally gets to go. :thumbsup:

#71 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,277 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

My daughter is coming. At 22 she isn't really a "kid" anymore, but this is the first chance she has had to attend. Last few years she had mid-term exams during IGOLD. Since she graduated from college in December she finally gets to go. Posted Image

By all means bring your kids!!! The Capitol building is truly a beautiful building, full of history and something to be proud of. Not to mention that he/she will be participating in the Constitutional right of free speech and get a glimpse of government in action.

We need more children in this movement, they are the future of gun ownership in IL.

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#72 Murf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Unfortunately, I cannot attend this year due to a work requirement which I cannot change. I'll be there in spirit, I'll write letters to the appropriate legislators timed to arrive on March 7, and I'm sending a contribution via PayPal. Wish I could do more this year.

#73 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

IGOLD is truly a family affair. We encourage people to bring their children - it is a wonderful educational
experience and is a good stepping stone for passing the torch onto the next generation!

#74 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

But but, the antis say the only people that go to gun rallies are fat white guys over 30 Posted Image
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#75 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

$1583!!!

#76 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,277 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

But but, the antis say the only people that go to gun rallies are fat white guys over 30 60 . Posted Image

Fixed it for you, and..........I resemble that remark!!!!!
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#77 sctman800

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

But but, the antis say the only people that go to gun rallies are fat white guys over 30 60 . Posted Image

No; he is reffering to me. Jim.
Kristofferson wrote it and Janis sang it "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

#78 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

C'mon, I'm only 58. Won't argue the other two points though... :)

#79 assistantchief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

Added my donation Illinois Carry today but saw no "notes" place to add IGOLD to the donation. My wife and I will be there again this year but I hope it's a little warmer though.
"Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"- Patrick Henry

#80 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

$1718!!!

#81 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Added my donation Illinois Carry today but saw no "notes" place to add IGOLD to the donation. My wife and I will be there again this year but I hope it's a little warmer though.

I marked your contribution for IGOLD. I hope it's a little warmer too!!!

#82 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

I made a post 2 days ago and nobody has answered it, even sent some PM's how do we order multible shirts, the check out only lets you order 1 size per style of shirt. and I need 2 sizes of one style! and 1 size in the other, Guess they are good on money ???
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#83 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

I made a post 2 days ago and nobody has answered it, even sent some PM's how do we order multible shirts, the check out only lets you order 1 size per style of shirt. and I need 2 sizes of one style! and 1 size in the other, Guess they are good on money ???

Contact MikeW here on IllinoisCarry. He is vice-president of the ISRA and has input on the IGOLD website.

#84 TyGuy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Bus ticket and shirt ordered yesterday. See you there.

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#85 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

$2023!!!

#86 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

$2023!!!

Wahoo!!!
Thanks to everyone!!!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#87 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Still taking donations for IGOLD - we'll run that thermometer as high as we can go!

#88 boomersand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

So after attending the Alsip Townhall, we are now attending Igold!!! Ordered two hoodies, and bus tickets from Hodgkins. If anyone else will be on that bus let me know! By the way the meeting was excellent in Alsip. Of course no Monique Davis, or Will Davis who is my rep in Oak Forest. I emailed him this morning and let him know I was disappointed not to see him at the meeting

#89 Molly B.

• 11,433 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Anyone planning on being in Springfield the night before IGOLD in case we need help setting up??

#90 sleepercaprice1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

The weather forecast looks good...60's and little chance of rain.