Photo

IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#31 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 10,701 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

There is a charter bus going from Bloomington! Only $15 round trip! Whole lot of fun making the trip with a
bus load of your best friends!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#32 101abn

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hopefully I'll get the time off and this will be my first IGOLD also, Anybody taking the Rosemont bus.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Μολὼν λαβέ

101header.jpg

#33 Joeyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hopefully I'll get the time off and this will be my first IGOLD also, Anybody taking the Rosemont bus.

I'll be on it with two of my sons.

#34 F12Mahon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

I and my oldest daughter will be there! Our first one!

Eugene

#35 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• 2,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

Amtrak is an alternative for those of us in Chicago. The train leaves from Union Station about 7:00 am and gets into Springfield about 10:30 am. It's a short walk from the train station to the convention center. Return trains leave at about 5:00 pm and around 7:30 pm. Round trip is $36. Easy to take a nap on the train, and every train has a restroom onboard.
  • They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#36 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Wonder how many buttons we can sell this year. Posted Image
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#37 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

I will be there. This may be the most important IGOLD ever. I am also going to to do what I can to fill my car with like minded friends.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Kurt on G+

#38 Molly B.

• 10,701 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

$733!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#39 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

I'm wondering - is there a way to get from the convention center to the capital (and back) for someone in a wheelchair? I would need to find someone with a car that has a large trunk to accommodate the chair which folds up.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#40 Molly B.

• 10,701 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'm wondering - is there a way to get from the convention center to the capital (and back) for someone in a wheelchair? I would need to find someone with a car that has a large trunk to accommodate the chair which folds up.

Buzz, we always have one of the charter buses make a run to and from the Capitol. Would you be able to maneuver up the steps into the bus?

#41 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Buzz, we always have one of the charter buses make a run to and from the Capitol. Would you be able to maneuver up the steps into the bus?

I'm just learned how to go up/down steps with my walker a a leg brace. I don't think the bus' steps would be so much the problem as would be the aisle. I would probably have to grab the seat backs as I doubt the isle would be wide enough to accommodate the walker. Then there is also what do you do with the wheelchair? That's why I'm afraid to take one of the buses from up here.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#42 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm just learned how to go up/down steps with my walker a a leg brace. I don't think the steps would be so much the problem as would be the aisle. I would probably have to grab the seat backs as I doubt the isle would be wide enough to accommodate the walker. Then there is also what do you do with the wheelchair? That's why I'm afraid to take one of the buses from up here.

We load you first and get you a seat near the front so you don't have to go down the aisle very far. The wheelchair and the walker would both fold up and goe into the baggage compartment under the bus. Plenty of room there. Heck, if we have to, we'll just roll you in there too!! It's not too long a drive from the center to the capitol!! (You could then say that you were "thrown under the bus for CCW!!!") Most of the bus drivers are trained to deal with wheelchairs, etc.

We'll want to check at the Capitol end to see where the wheelchair entrance is. I think the North entrance. I'm sure security is capable of dealing with 'chairs too.

You get to Springfield buddy, we'll get you to the capitol and back.
Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#43 milq

• Members
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Tim

+1 I will be driving and will take you myself if you need it and can get into an FJ cruiser.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#44 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Tim

+1 I will be driving and will take you myself if you need it and can get into an FJ cruiser.

I drive an FJ Cruiser.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Kurt on G+

#45 Molly B.

• 10,701 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

$838!!!

#46 Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Already scheduled the day off. Have also passed a few cards around to a few competitive shooters. Just donated. Now I just need to schedule my bus...
ISRA, NRA, SAF, IDPA, USPSA, CCRKBA Member
IGOLDer

Guns protect and defend
Let the Constitution be your guide

#47 lee n. field

• 1,140 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Prairie Capital Convention Center
Springfield, IL

Signed up, Rockford bus

This will be the 4th, or 5th igold.

Edited by lee n. field, 01 February 2012 - 12:53 PM.

"Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD!
Why would you have the day of the LORD?
It is darkness, and not light,"

#48 lee n. field

• 1,140 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Anyone in te Bloomington area up for a carpool? This is my first btw

Bloomington has it's own bus this year. Should make things a bit less crowded on the Rockford bus.

#49 lee n. field

• 1,140 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Wonder how many buttons we can sell this year. Posted Image

At least one. My Illinoiscarry.com button is getting a bit beat up. I need a new one.

#50 lee n. field

• 1,140 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Nope. Put Buzzard up front, in his chair, with the ladies. The disabled are in special need of RTC.

Edited by lee n. field, 01 February 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#51 Molly B.

• 10,701 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

$938!!!
Almost half the way there!!

#52 The 45 King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

I want to come but I have MS I dont know if I will be able to walk very far. How far away is the capital?

#53 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

I want to come but I have MS I dont know if I will be able to walk very far. How far away is the capital?

9 blocks. But the march is optional. Every year, a bus is available to drop people off directly from the Convention Center to the Capital, for those who have mobility concerns.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#54 Romano For Rep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

will be there the 7th and the 8th

looking forward to it and taking some more pictures and film shots.

#55 Davey

• Members
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

I sent in a few bucks. Will try again next pay day.

#56 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hey Valinda,
Tell Mike I have good news and bad news. Good news is I recieved the raffle tickets yesturday, bad news is he may have to mail me some more before IGOLD cause they're already going like hot cakes.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#57 Molly B.

• 10,701 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

$1038!!!
Over half way there!!

#58 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Nope. Put Buzzard up front, in his chair, with the ladies. The disabled are in special need of RTC.

I'm sure we could take turns pushing the wheelchair so Buzz doesn't feel left out. :yes1:

#59 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

will be there the 7th and the 8th

looking forward to it and taking some more pictures and film shots.

What is on the 8th?
-Thomas Jefferson-

-Aaron Lewis-

#60 Romano For Rep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Pro Family/Pro Life lobby day