Photo

Become an IllinoisCarry Supporting Team Member!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Supporting Team Members help IllinoisCarry with their contribution, while getting an increase in PM storage, and better search functionality as a benefit. EDIT: Supporting Team Members may now CC: (carbon copy) more than one recipient on a PM.

Here's how you become a Supporting Team Member:

1. Locate your username in the upper right hand corner and click the drop-down menu to access "Purchase Paid Subscription"

subscription1.png

2. Click the radio button and then the "continue" button

sub2.jpg

3. Confirm your choice on the next screen and click the "continue" button again

sub3.jpg

4. Click the paypal button, which will take you to the paypal site to complete your transaction.

sub4.jpg

5. Fill in your payment info

sub5.jpg

And that's it!

Edited by pyre400, 12 February 2013 - 10:25 AM.
Updated to reflect new forum interface

#2 05FLHT

TCB.

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

I sent a PM to Molly, but I'll throw this out here as well.

My Membership is coming up in March and was wondering if a 'life' or 'multi-year' member ship is offered. If not, it might be a good idea...
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
IL Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor

#3 output

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

I sent a PM to Molly, but I'll throw this out here as well.

My Membership is coming up in March and was wondering if a 'life' or 'multi-year' member ship is offered. If not, it might be a good idea...

This is from another thread, here on the boards. It might be an option sometime in the future :D

Are there any plans to offer lifetime memberships? Is supporting team member status the only membership level available? Perhaps there is an explanation on the website that I overlooked, if so, I apologize. Thanks.

At this time we have two levels of membership - regular member status and Supporting Team Member. We do not
have plans at this time to offer lifetime memberships but that might be an option in the future.

Edited by output, 05 January 2012 - 06:06 PM.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles. - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

#4 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

OK, I click on my user name and before I can click on to purchase a subscription its gone to my member page. I tried about 4 times, not fast enough on the draw I guess.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#5 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

OK, I click on my user name and before I can click on to purchase a subscription its gone to my member page. I tried about 4 times, not fast enough on the draw I guess.

That happened to me some time ago. Danged if I can remember what I was told to do to fix it, but it was an easy fix. If one of the techies doesn't stumble onto this thread and help you, drop a note to Pyre, Chris, or MikeW. They can prolly help.

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#6 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

There is a browser setting that causes that. I'll PM you the link, its actually here in the support forum somewhere.

For the interim, an alternative method would be to click on the "subscriptions" tab, just beneath all the banners:

sub7.jpg

#7 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

That happened to me some time ago. Danged if I can remember what I was told to do to fix it, but it was an easy fix. If one of the techies doesn't stumble onto this thread and help you, drop a note to Pyre, Chris, or MikeW. They can prolly help.

Tim

I'll just post the link here, as someone else is bound to have the same issue.

I'm pretty sure this was the fix - http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=20120

#8 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

There is a browser setting that causes that. I'll PM you the link, its actually here in the support forum somewhere.

For the interim, an alternative method would be to click on the "subscriptions" tab, just beneath all the banners:

sub7.jpg

I went back and found my fix. If you go to the very top of the screen to the address bar. Clear out on the right hand end will be a series of icons. One looks like a torn sheet of paper. Roll over it and it's called the "compatibility view". Clicking on this fixed my problem.

I think I found the website that Pyre speaks of too. If the compatibility thing doesn't work for you, I'll dig up the link and post it. My trouble started when I went to a different machine with Windows 7 and IE9.

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#9 mailterry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

how long does the site take to update subsciptions. sent a renew this afternoon through paypal but has not showed up on the site. paypal confermed the payment through email
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

#10 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

how long does the site take to update subsciptions. sent a renew this afternoon through paypal but has not showed up on the site. paypal confermed the payment through email

It may require a manual operation - from what I can tell the system did not reflect your transaction, but that doesnt mean something went wrong. I'd give it a day.

Thanks by the way for your subscription renewal :yes1:

#11 C0untZer0

• 8,044 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

I used Google Pay, maybe it is processed as a donation instead of a subscription / membership ?
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

#12 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,602 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I see Supporting Team Member under mailterry's avatar but not the C0unts. Will check into it!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#13 MaxdOut

• 35 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Aw I just donated a few days ago but did not do it as directed above, but that's OK, I'll donate again shortly and I'll do it right next time.....

#14 Steve O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Aw I just donated a few days ago but did not do it as directed above, but that's OK, I'll donate again shortly and I'll do it right next time.....

They will figure it out, Im angry and trying to figure it out myself, they need it to fight the good fight!!!!

$$$ is coming and God Almighty these traitors WILL LOSE!!!
"The more criminal the leadership of a country becomes, the easier it is for the average person to find himself labeled a criminal by that same leadership." ME

"A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm… is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.” [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. - 1878"]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

#15 Jason4567

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I think I did the same thing as Maxd. Just clicked donate instead of following the directions above. What is the enhanced search functionality? Perhaps searching below 4 characters? That would be awesome.

IS YOUR RIFLE A GRENADE LAUNCHER? YES NO

From the Chicago Firearm Registration form

#16 stitch58

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Thanks for the info pyre400 on signing up. Just did so a few minutes ago. I've been looking around mostly for over a year and finaly decided to support the site,it's the little I can do for all the hard work that Molly and Todd and the rest of you have been doing for all of us in Illinois. Greatly appreciate it,I've done the witness slips,now put some money towards the cause. Hopefully I can add an IL CCW permit to my other four I have. Thanks, Mark
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
USCCA Silver Member

#17 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Alternatively, a check or M.O. in the amount of $25 can be sent too.
Please include a note in the envelope, indicating the screen name, and desire to be a Supporting Team Member.

The check, made payable to "Illinois Carry Inc", can be mailed to:

Illinois Carry
1111 W North 4th St
Shelbyville, IL

As always, thank you all for your support!!

#18 Paulkucz

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:22 PM

How long does it take to display the "Supporting Members Team" or is that something I have to manually enter?  Thanks,

#19 C0untZer0

• 8,044 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:33 PM

I think mine maybe took an hour or two...

‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

#20 Paulkucz

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:37 PM

Thanks, I submitted via PayPal on Tuesday.  Do you think I should PM Molly, or is there someone else who handles the subscription membership?

#21 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 9,270 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:39 PM

I dropped her a note for you.

Thanks for subscribing.
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#22 C0untZer0

• 8,044 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:20 PM

I also sent my transaction number and the e-mail that the PayPal transaction was associated with to make it easy for her to track down.

- C. S. Lewis

#23 Paulkucz

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted Today, 06:36 AM

Thank you both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users