Photo

Nuts We're gonna have to ban cars now.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Yas

• Members
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

A shopper struck back at the man who tried to rob her in the parking lot of a Joliet Wal-Mart, driving after him and hitting him with her car before he got away, police said.

Joliet police Cmdr. Al Roechner said the woman had just finished putting groceries into her silver Pontiac about 10 p.m. at the store at 2424 W. Jefferson St. when Byron J. Adams, 31, of Joliet approached her and demanded her purse.

When she said she didnít have one Adams took out a handgun, but the woman ignored him and started to drive away, Roechner said. The woman apparently got angry, though, and decided to chase after Adams with her car, Roechner said.

She succeeded in hitting him, but he was able to run away. He was unarmed when he was found nearby, and he did not require medical treatment, Roechner said. He was charged with armed robbery.

Suntimes link

Illinois, where only the criminals can carry firearms.

#2 billzfx4

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

The story doesn't say what kind of Pontiac it was.
Hopefully it didn't have one of those "high-horsepower assault engines". :yes1:
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#3 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,683 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Well why not, we're banning incodecent light bulbs in 3hrs 31 minutes so what the heck?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#4 TFC

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Oh! Lawdy help us! Stop her! She's got a 5.0 liter V-8 with dual over head cams!!!
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#5 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,683 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

We need common sense legislation to regulate cams!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#6 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

The story doesn't say what kind of Pontiac it was.
Hopefully it didn't have one of those "high-horsepower assault engines". :yes1:

With the thing on the back that goes up! ..or a speedometer that goes above 55!!

#7 Uncle Harley

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

lets pray it's not a black pontiac, or we are all screwed LOL
"A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence." - Jim Watkins

Comment on this thread for a chance to win a Glock and a pizza http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=51095

#8 TFC

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

This will lead to a renewal of the 1984 Trans-Am ban.
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#9 es503IL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

No no no... you are going about it all wrong, we should allow people to have cars. Banning cars is just wrong. Now the tires on the other hand...

#10 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

What about the children? The children!!!! If we are to prevent drive-by crimes, we need to get rid of the main vehicle in the crime: the car! Then, there would never be any more drive-by crimes EVER.

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 

NRA-Certified Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor

#11 TomKoz

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Just wait folks, eventually she (the driver of the car) will be charged!!! Then sued by the armed robber and awarded a huge sum.
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#12 papa

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

I hope she didn't have any of those big tires on her car. There is no reason to have tires as big as some of them are. I mean , some of them are 10 inches wide.:frantics:

#13 junglebob

• 5,014 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

What about the children? The children!!!! If we are to prevent drive-by crimes, we need to get rid of the main vehicle in the crime: the car! Then, there would never be any more drive-by crimes EVER.

We need to go after motor scooters too, in some Asian country they have drive by slashings done by people on scooters. Lets do it For The Children.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#14 chicago guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

How many people can fit in this car? Why does anyone need a high capacity car? Let's ban them FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILDREN! Where's the Rev. Jesse Jackson when you need him? Somebody quick -- Call Father Snuffy!

#15 Hawk44

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

Oh! Lawdy help us! Stop her! She's got a 5.0 liter V-8 with dual over head cams!!!

Wuz them ASSAULT cams, or wuz them just regular cams? They will also want to limit how many valves them cams can hold you know.
www.sureshotsafety.com
NRA certified instructor, Pistol, PPITH, PPOTH, RSO
Utah Certified Firearms Instructor

Approved Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
PROUD TO BE AN NRA LIFE MEMBER

#16 junglebob

• 5,014 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

lets pray it's not a black pontiac, or we are all screwed LOL

I understand GM has stopped production of Pontiacs or will soon, so no Black Pontiac ban legislation is needed. Maybe a new "stimulus plan" will be introduced to take existing "Assault Pontiacs" off the road.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#17 willxjcherokee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Assault killing exhaust!! :frantics:

#18 Danielm60660

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

One of my dogs has assault exhaust this morning. :frantics:

#19 stm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

There is absolutely no reason for anyone living north of I-80 to have a car that holds more than 10 gallons of gas!

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#20 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

There is absolutely no reason for anyone living north of I-80 to have a car that holds more than 10 gallons of gas!

Fortunately, I could care less what those SOUTH of I-80 HILLBILLYS think.

(Yep. THAT should stir the pot a bit.)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#21 willxjcherokee

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Why does anyone need more power than a Toyota hybrid!?
THINK OF THE CHILDREN :frantics:
We must ban assault engines with more than 10 horse power!

Edited by willxjcherokee, 01 December 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#22 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

uh, that would include most lawn tractors.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#23 willxjcherokee

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

Lawn tractors kill more children per children than assault cars! :frantics:

#24 mikew

• Members
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

What about the hybrid lawn tractors? :-)

#25 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

GASP! < faint >

#26 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Those might be classified as SATURDAY NIGHT AFTERNOON SPECIALS.

#27 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,273 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

Those might be classified as SATURDAY NIGHT AFTERNOON SPECIALS.

Is that anything like a Saturday afternoon delight?? I seem to remember something about them, a song or something!?
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#28 willxjcherokee

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

Your car has a SUPERCHARGER? :frantics: :frantics:
Those are deadly features that should only be for important people! :frantics:

Edited by willxjcherokee, 01 December 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#29 billzfx4

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

Better yet, let's just ban all cars. Only the police should have cars.
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#30 willxjcherokee

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Better yet, let's just ban all cars. Only the police should have cars.

The police should use segways
Posted Image