Photo

Best place to buy Glock mags?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 GarandFan

• Members
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

I recently picked up an as-new Gen 3 Glock 19. It came in the box with all the stuff, including two mags. The seller threw in a new 33-round G18 mag, as well as a Fobus holster. It came with Meprolight night sights installed and I feel I got a pretty good deal on it at $450.

I am wondering if anyone knows the best place to find new Glock mags? Consistently cheapest prices? I will keep my eye out for used ones, but I'd like to pick up a half-dozen or more as I'll probably use this in pistol shooting competitions and the like.

I know about CDNN, which has them for $22.99 each. And I can get them at Midway for $21.99 each. Anyone perhaps know of where to get them cheaper? I am not interested in the KCI mags.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
"It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place."
Lewis Carroll, 1872

#2 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

Botach link

Try Botach.

$19.95 plus no sales tax and free shipping on most models.

I have never had problems with Botach but some have.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#3 eric2281

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

I've bought mags & parts through Lone Wolf before & have been satisfied with their service & prices. As far as the cheapest...It looks like Botach may be the winner.
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men" ~ Monsignor (Boondock Saints)

"Lack of interest has it's price... as we're stripped of all our rights" - KMFDM

"Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying? A: Their lips are moving" - Lou

NRA & ISRA Member / Member of the Rifles & Roundels society Posted Image

#4 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

AimSurplus

http://www.aimsurplu...ndgun+Magazines

Some of the used mags are a good value too...

ETA - looks like they're out of the factory new...

#5 GarandFan

• Members
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

Thanks folks! AIM website is temporarily down, and thanks for the Botach headsup. No, I don't really mind buying used mags. From CDNN a while back, I bought a dozen G22 mags that were "demo" used mags. They were $7.99 each and when they arrived, they were as new. I'd jump on a deal like that again!
Lewis Carroll, 1872

#6 Bud

• Members
  • 6,777 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

44mag.com stocks magazines at great prices for everything:

44mag.com

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#7 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

I recently picked up my first Glock. Actually, I bought two. I'd like to get some more magazines, but don't know enough. In particular, are they interchangeable?

Gen 4 9mm Glock 19
Gen ? .45ACP Glock 21SF

Can I use any of the 9mm mags with the Glock 19? A long as it's 9mm am I OK? New, Old, Aftermarket, OEM, Factory, Hi Cap, etc? Or, do I need to find Gen 4 mags?

Same question with the 45. Can I use any of the 45 mags?

http://www.slickguns...5-plus-shipping

This looks like a great price, just not sure if they will work with the Gen 4.

#8 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

I recently picked up my first Glock. Actually, I bought two. I'd like to get some more magazines, but don't know enough. In particular, are they interchangeable?

Gen 4 9mm Glock 19
Gen ? .45ACP Glock 21SF

Can I use any of the 9mm mags with the Glock 19? A long as it's 9mm am I OK? New, Old, Aftermarket, OEM, Factory, Hi Cap, etc? Or, do I need to find Gen 4 mags?

Funny, when I click through on the link it takes me to the Botach site.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#9 rott

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Gen 4 9mm Glock 19
Gen ? .45ACP Glock 21SF

You can use any generation glock 9mm mag made for the 17, 18, or 19 as long as you have not switched your gen4 mag release for left handed operation.

I would stick with glock branded mags...they're not that expensive to risk aftermarket ones....however I have NO experience with any aftermarket ones, so I am biased.

same goes with 21 mags...any gen will work, standard cap, 10 rounders, etc.

#10 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Gen 4 9mm Glock 19
Gen ? .45ACP Glock 21SF

You can use any generation glock 9mm mag made for the 17, 18, or 19 as long as you have not switched your gen4 mag release for left handed operation.

I would stick with glock branded mags...they're not that expensive to risk aftermarket ones....however I have NO experience with any aftermarket ones, so I am biased.

same goes with 21 mags...any gen will work, standard cap, 10 rounders, etc.

Thanks. That was my assumption.

For the record...I did switch to left handed operation. In order to use a wider variety of mags, I just might switch it back.

Thanks again.

#11 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

Noticed that CDNN has some mag sale going on through Monday: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

#12 GarandFan

• Members
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

I've only ordered once through Botach ... that was years ago when I ordered some IMI 5.56. That order went without a hitch.

So I ordered some mags from Botach. They listed at $19.95 and to my surprise, at checkout I got a 10% discount, which put them at $17.95. I also got free shipping. I've found no place selling for less than that. I ordered a couple PMags too, mainly because my shooting buddies tease me about using old USGI aluminum mags. I've never had problems with those (eg. OKay, Center, D&H, etc.). I do want to try the PMags to see what all the hullabaloo is about.

I'll let you know if I have any problems ... the internets are of course full of bad stories about Botach.
Lewis Carroll, 1872

#13 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

I've only ordered once through Botach ... that was years ago when I ordered some IMI 5.56. That order went without a hitch.

So I ordered some mags from Botach. They listed at $19.95 and to my surprise, at checkout I got a 10% discount, which put them at $17.95. I also got free shipping. I've found no place selling for less than that. I ordered a couple PMags too, mainly because my shooting buddies tease me about using old USGI aluminum mags. I've never had problems with those (eg. OKay, Center, D&H, etc.). I do want to try the PMags to see what all the hullabaloo is about.

I'll let you know if I have any problems ... the internets are of course full of bad stories about Botach.

Good find! I hope it works out.

The PMAGS are worth it, btw. Quality product for a really reasonable price.