Photo

What Can I Do to Help Advance and Improve Right to Carry in IL?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 10,701 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Thank you for your support of the Right to Carry.
There are several ways to get involved in the effort.

First, if you aren't already, please join the Illinois State Rifle Association – www.isra.org -
they have 4 lobbyists working for our rights in Springfield and need our financial
support.

Please support our national groups who are also battling for our rights here in Illinois -
the National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation.

Please subscribe to our email alerts which we send out with details of
upcoming events and our need for volunteers. During the fall veto session we will be
monitoring both the House and Senate and sending out alerts when phone calls, emails, and letters
are needing sent to legislators.

Please contribute and help fund the many Right to Carry town hall meetings and other events we conduct all over the state.

You can become a Supporting Team Member by purchasing a "Paid Subscription" by clicking on the drop
down arrow up by your name in the top right hand corner of the screen.

And last but not least, you can support our efforts plus spread the word at the same time by
purchasing IllinoisCarry caps, t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.

IlllinoisCarry is on the front line in the battle for our Second Amendment rights - please join us and
support our efforts!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 jon

• Supporting Members Team
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Thank you for your support of the Right to Carry.
There are several ways to get involved in the effort.

First, if you aren't already, please join the Illinois State Rifle Association www.isra.org -
they have 4 lobbyists working for our rights in Springfield and need our financial
support.

Please support our national groups who are also battling for our rights here in Illinois -
the National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation.

Please subscribe to our email alerts which we send out with details of
upcoming events and our need for volunteers. During the fall veto session we will be
monitoring both the House and Senate and sending out alerts when phone calls, emails, and letters
are needing sent to legislators.

Please donate and help fund the many Right to Carry town hall meetings and other events we conduct all over the state.

You can become a Supporting Team Member by purchasing a "Paid Subscription" by clicking on the drop
down arrow up by your name in the top right hand corner of the screen.

And last but not least, you can support our efforts plus spread the word at the same time by
purchasing IllinoisCarry caps, t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.

IlllinoisCarry is on the front line in the battle for our Second Amendment rights - please join us and
support our efforts!

Is Paypal the only method available to purchase a subscription? Seems to be the only option I can get to come up.

#3 Molly B.

• 10,701 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Is Paypal the only method available to purchase a subscription? Seems to be the only option I can get to come up.

That's a good question for our tech team! Hey guys, is it possible for someone to send a check and then one of our techs list join as a supporting team member?
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#4 Chris

Furthering our cause through information overload.

• Admin
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

That's a good question for our tech team! Hey guys, is it possible for someone to send a check and then one of our techs list jon as a supporting team member?

We can flip some switches in the back and make them a supporting member.
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
- Edmund Burke

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Posted Image

#5 Lowbrid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

I figure I'd post the question here rather than make a whole new thread.

Are e-petitions (i.e. change.org) at all effective in advancing our right to carry? At the very least, these e-petitions can spread public awareness even if they don't have much of an impact on legislative decision making.

Here's one that I came across today:
https://www.change.o...-transportation

There's always the question of whether or not these websites genuinely are providers of an electronic means of petitioning or if there's a catch: selling personal information, making profits from our activism, etc.

What you guys think?

Edited by Lowbrid, 21 October 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#6 chicago555

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

sign on with anyone willing to put out a petition that will better our current gun laws

#7 Molly B.

• 10,701 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I figure I'd post the question here rather than make a whole new thread.

Are e-petitions (i.e. change.org) at all effective in advancing our right to carry? At the very least, these e-petitions can spread public awareness even if they don't have much of an impact on legislative decision making.

Here's one that I came across today:
https://www.change.o...-transportation

There's always the question of whether or not these websites genuinely are providers of an electronic means of petitioning or if there's a catch: selling personal information, making profits from our activism, etc.

What you guys think?

In speaking with legislators, petitions that are the most effective are petitions containing signatures - real signatures - from people/voters in that legislator's own district. These types of petitions take feet on the ground who cover a district extensively.

#8 Stargeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Molly, could we get a "sticky" or something like that where these petitions can be placed and easily found? I've missed a couple because they were posted in one of the areas I don't frequent as often.

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade
unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I
didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to
speak up.” --Pastor Martin Niemöller, 1945

#9 Molly B.

• 10,701 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

When there are petitions needing to be announced, we will try to be proactive - they are usually posted in IL Right to Carry or IL Politics.

#10 SILmama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Your purchases from Amazon can help support Second Amendment Foundation. Go to SAF.org, click on the Amazon link, which will take you to Amazon, and you just order in the usual way. A percentage of each purchase made this way goes to SAF. Just remember, you have to go through the SAF.org page every time you order.
”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.” ~Daniel Webster

#11 Stargeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Dang! I wish I'd known about that last month. I ordered all of our shopping through Amazon this year. Please don't ell me how much I DIDN'T earn our side - I might cry!

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade
unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I
didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to
speak up.” --Pastor Martin Niemöller, 1945

#12 Erno

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Form the Illinois State Rifle Association:

URGENT ALERT - YOUR ACTION REQUIRED

ANTIGUNNERS TO HOLD PUBLIC MEETINGS ATTACKING CONCEALED CARRY

YOU MUST ATTEND TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT

Gun-grabbing State Representative Laura Fine will be holding a so-called "Public Meeting" on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 in Glenview, Illinois. Joining Fine in organizing the meeting is the extremely anti-gun Cook County State's Attorneys Office along with the state's most radical gun control organization, The Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence (ICHV).

Fine claims that this meeting is for the purpose of answering questions the public might have about concealed carry. In reality, the organizers plan to use the meeting to frighten the public and spread lies about the impact of concealed carry on public safety. Fine and the other organizers plan to use this meeting as a recruiting session for ICHV and as a platform to launch efforts to REPEAL CONCEALED CARRY during the 2014 legislative session coming up this spring.

DON'T BE FOOLED - Rep. Fine, the ICHV and the Cook County State's Attorneys Office want to strip you of your right of self defense, and then come take your guns away.

ARE YOU GOING TO STAND BY AND LET THE GUN GRABBERS TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS?

Of course not. That is why you must stand up now and defend your rights! That is why we must flood Fine's "Public Meeting" with solid supporters of the 2nd Amendment!

3 THINGS YOU MUST DO TO HELP PROTECT THE FUTURE OF CONCEALED CARRY AND PRESERVE ALL YOUR GUN RIGHTS

1. Attend Rep. Fine's "Public Meeting" on concealed carry. The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 7:00 PM, Glenview Police Station, 2500 East Lake Street, Glenview. Please plan on being there at 6:15 to make sure that you get a seat. In the past, the gun grabbers have been known to close the doors early to stifle pro-gun voices. Be sure to wear NRA or IGold hats and t-shirts to the event. If you see the media there, approach them and tell them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you strongly support concealed carry and the right to keep and bear arms. The gun controllers on the panel will surely attack the Second Amendment and your right to keep and bear arms. It is very important that you vigorously defend your rights and enthusiastically support your fellow gun owners when they speak out in defense of our Constitutional rights.

2. Pass this alert on to all your friends and family members...tell them to show up at the meeting as well.

3. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you subscribe.

REMEMBER:

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

7:00 PM (Please be there by 6:15)

Glenview Police Stateion
2500 E. Lake Street
Glenview, IL

Erno's Firearms
www.ernosfirearms.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users