Photo

Frog Lube

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
188 replies to this topic

#1 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

I met Ed from Tactical Santa (see banner above) at an NRA Personal Protection Class last weekend. He raved about this froglube stuff and I thought I would give it a try. I put it on my Sig 226 and several ar bolts, I just got back from the range and put 150 rounds through my sig. It's not even a little bit dirty, I just took a rag and wiped off my gun. that's it. Great product. I will be getting more from him on the 23rd when we get our NRA Rifle instructor certification
Boog
Thanks Ed

CarrySafely.com

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#2 TTIN

si vis pacem, para bellum

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

Welllll.....where else can we buy it?
Patrick Henry: "Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense".

"God made men,but Colt made them equals"

"Guns don't kill people..husbands who come home early do" -Larry The Cable Guy

"Illinois: Will the Defendant Please Rise?"

"si vis pacem, para bellum"

#3 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

I am getting more from him next week. I will be in Marion the weekend of the 16th, have a Utah ccw class in fairfield. I will bring some down
boog

CarrySafely.com

#4 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

I am getting more from him next week. I will be in Marion the weekend of the 16th, have a Utah ccw class in fairfield. I will bring some down
boog

Where in Marion?
Patrick Henry: "Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense".

#5 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

I will be at my sisters on friday the 15th. She lives on Market street about a mile south of town
Boog

CarrySafely.com

#6 Talonap

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Here is the main web site.

http://www.froglube.com/

#7 EATIII

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hey click the link (Tactical Santa banner), put what you want in the comment section and get a discount. We are here for you!
Glad you liked it and great meeting you! It is by far the best Lube/CLP on the market.

#8 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

Ok so what's the difference between the liquid and the paste?

#9 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

The only difference I can come up with is you can put a Q-tip in the paste and get into smaller areas. I have put 3 coats on 5 pistols and 3 ar bolts and I still have about 1/2 of the 1oz. bottle left
Boog

CarrySafely.com

#10 Don Gwinn

President, SCRA

• 2,652 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Sounds good, but the ditches around here are full of frogs and I have a cider press. It seems to me that I could easily cut out the middleman if this "frog lube" stuff works as well as you say it does.

________________________________________________________________________________

Illinois Gun Owners' Lobbying Day

March 5, 2014

Be there or everyone will see that you have four equal sides and four 90-degree angles!

________________________________________________________________________________

#11 Houndawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Sounds good, but the ditches around here are full of frogs and I have a cider press. It seems to me that I could easily cut out the middleman if this "frog lube" stuff works as well as you say it does.

I'll go gigging with you.

#12 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Here's the problem I foresee with this scenario...How would you separate the organism that waterproofs the frog from the other stuff??? You know,bones,guts,brains....that kinda stuff!!!Posted Image

#13 Talonap

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

I thought it was a treatment for amphibian arthritis...

#14 Kenny

KAP Guns Owner

• Members
  • 6,609 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

I am also looking into becoming a dealer for frog lube. I want to buy the gallon jug & put it in my ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning my guns too. I have the price list & minimum order paperwork but I need to talk to someone. Hey Santa are you a distributor or dealer? If we could get enough dealers on here to get together, one could become a distributor & sell to the others at just above distributor pricing it would work well for everyone!!
NRA Endowment Member ISRA Life Member NSSF Member NRA Pistol Instructor Illinois FCCL Instructor
NRA Chief Range Officer NROI Range Officer USPSA Open Division B class IDPR FCC Certified
Glock Armorer Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer ASC Zombie Shoot Survivor

#15 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

I am also looking into becoming a dealer for frog lube. I want to buy the gallon jug & put it in my ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning my guns too. I have the price list & minimum order paperwork but I need to talk to someone. Hey Santa are you a distributor or dealer? If we could get enough dealers on here to get together, one could become a distributor & sell to the others at just above distributor pricing it would work well for everyone!!

Now that is a great plan
Boog

CarrySafely.com

#16 EATIII

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Now Distributor, I left you and Boog a message on your phones.
Ed

DD

#17 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

So I am now a Frog Lube dealer. I just placed my first order with Tactical Santa, and will continue with what prices they have listed. I will be bringing some to our Utah CCW Class in Fairfield next weekend.
Boog

CarrySafely.com

#18 Chad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

This stuff certainly has my interest.. Let us know how to go about buying from members here, I may have a couple others interested in trying it.

#19 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

I've been good with my Hoppe's and Break Free and Rem Oil up till now, but you all have my interest. I don't frequent areas with saltwater concentrations but if I did, it sure looks like Frog Lube is a winner.

I'm really interested in hearing all about experiences with Frog Lube, especially ultrasonic cleaning with the stuff, so please video and document what you can, thanks!

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Have all boated who fish? Have all boated who fish?

#20 Kenny

KAP Guns Owner

• Members
  • 6,609 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

I am a dealer now too, I will have my first order in next week.
NRA Endowment Member ISRA Life Member NSSF Member NRA Pistol Instructor Illinois FCCL Instructor
NRA Chief Range Officer NROI Range Officer USPSA Open Division B class IDPR FCC Certified

#21 EATIII

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

All Members,

Tactical Santa is proud to have Boog (CarrySafely.com) and Kenny (Kapguns) as Dealers of FrogLube. Please go to them for your Froglube purchases (Banners Above), Tactical Santa is still here for you if you need a "Santa Delivery" but both of these fine gentlemen are long time members/promoting IL Carry business and we all win. So please support them, You will not be disappointed. Frog Lube "it just works"

RLTW!
Ed

#22 Kenny

KAP Guns Owner

• Members
  • 6,609 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

Well I just got back from a meeting with a few of the armorers and sergeants at the Rockford Police Department. I did a little demonstration for them on a couple AR bolts, the slide & barrel on a glock and dunked a whole M&P. We treated them all and then put a few hundred rounds down range and they were amazed at how little cleaning they needed. These guys clean guns all the time and were really impressed. They will be purchasing some for their personal guns for sure & will be buying several gallons for the department!! This stuff is amazing & until you see it you will not believe it.

#23 Jeff Johnson

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

I'd like to try some on my Beretta 390 Sporting clay gun. that gas system is a b!tch to get clean.

#24 Ashes

That Guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

Kenny you put the strangest things into that ultrasonic cleaner...

Started reading the FAQ.
Since FrogLube is food based. I assume it isn't based on teflon or moly substances...

I've been using Slip 2000 EWL for lube and MPro-7 for cleaning, while using Tetra (teflon) grease for the Garand. Of these the only one that might worry me for transitioning to Froglube is the MPro-7 which tends to "plate" to metal surfaces...

Just as a reference, Slip 2000 EWL doesn't stay very clean on my AR bolt, but I have run it to the point where it looks dry and the AR will keep functioning. So this stuff sounds like something I would have to try out myself.

Hey Boog you are the closest to me (sorry Kenny), do you want people to order in advance or will you start stocking stuff at the house?

#25 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:21 PM

All Members,

Tactical Santa is proud to have Boog (CarrySafely.com) and Kenny (Kapguns) as Dealers of FrogLube. Please go to them for your Froglube purchases (Banners Above), Tactical Santa is still here for you if you need a "Santa Delivery" but both of these fine gentlemen are long time members/promoting IL Carry business and we all win. So please support them, You will not be disappointed. Frog Lube "it just works"

RLTW!
Ed

Are you guys (Tactical Santa) still backordered?

#26 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

I have some in stock
4 oz. liquid $12.50
4 oz paste $ 9.25
We will be at the gun show in Plano, IL. on the 30th at the American Legion hall 510 e. dearborn st.
and at the rockford gun show on the 31st at Forest Hills Lodge 9572 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park, IL.
or call and we can meet 630-346-0096
boog

CarrySafely.com

#27 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:43 AM

I have some in stock
4 oz. liquid $12.50
4 oz paste $ 9.25
We will be at the gun show in Plano, IL. on the 30th at the American Legion hall 510 e. dearborn st.
and at the rockford gun show on the 31st at Forest Hills Lodge 9572 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park, IL.
or call and we can meet 630-346-0096
boog

boog,those places are all too far for me. Do you ship?

#28 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

I will ship. USPS Priority Mail small box is $5.20 so add that to price
Boog

CarrySafely.com

#29 TTIN

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

I will ship. USPS Priority Mail small box is $5.20 so add that to price
Boog

Cool.Can you PM me the address?

#30 rott

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

Kenny...do you have any of this in stock? I forgot to ask you earlier today.