Moore vs IL Attorney General

There might not be anything set in stone but I imagine there will come a point in time that any further delays would be excessive, unprofessional, and perhaps unethical. Aren't there ethics boards or ethical oversight committees for those in law?

Lol! If it was an ethics violation for a judge to take her time before making a historical constitutional ruling we would have no judges. There are ethics rules, but the judge is not violating any.

There might not be anything set in stone but I imagine there will come a point in time that any further delays would be excessive, unprofessional, and perhaps unethical. Aren't there ethics boards or ethical oversight committees for those in law?

Lol! If it was an ethics violation for a judge to take her time before making a historical constitutional ruling we would have no judges. There are ethics rules, but the judge is not violating any.

Palmer v DC sat untouched for 18 months before a new judge was assigned to the case, and it STILL hasn't been decided. I hope we don't see that kind of delay here.

-- Frank

Someone sent a letter to judge myerscough about this case... I sincerely hope it wasn't from our side. (online docket shows the judge sent a copy of the letter to all parties.)

Todd--any idea of what the letter was about?

Sounds to me like you're trying to cover your tracks rolleyes.gif

Lol there are a lot of stupid ways to lose a law license. Ex parte communication to a federal judge would certainly be a fast track!

From the Docket:

011-11-02 35 0 TEXT ORDER: The Court has received a letter in reference to this case that it has forwarded by United States Postal Service mail to the Parties. Entered by Judge Sue E. Myerscough on 11/2/2011. (VM, ilcd) (Entered: 11/02/2011)

2011-11-02 36 0 +++ SEALED DOCUMENT - ORIGINAL DOCUMENT UNREDACTED Letter. (VM, ilcd) (Entered: 11/02/2011)

A link to the docket (see post #278):

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416973&page=12

35 is just the number for the entry on the electronic docket, it's not a page number count.

As for the content of the letter, there is no reason to speculate. I will say that jail house "lawyers" and local crazies send letters to judges all the time, so my best guess is some violence victim wrote a letter expressing a point of view. The judge will pay it no mind, she just has an ethical obligation to tell everyone in the case that she received it.

The sealing could be for any number of reasons, there could be personal information in it, etc. that the judge doesn't want the whole world to see, crazies dig up all kinds of bizarre things.

OK, well how can a third party letter affect this? Do they think that it can affect the judges ruling? This is the first I have ever seen anything like this so forgive my ignorance!!

The Letter won't effect the case at all. I'm hoping that the letter ends up being comic relief from some nut bag. Crazy people write great stuff. :( Crazies have been known to record maritime liens against judges' HOUSES, etc.

Archived