Photo

IGOLD 2011 media coverage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,409 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

State Journal Register
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Elderberry

• Members
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Andy Brownfield either can't count people or can't type numbers...

I'll put something clever and witty here when I think of something.........

NRA, ISRA, SAF... Vet.. Former LEO... Current Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Holder....

#3 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

Let's try counting them here:

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#4 Davey

• Members
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

I was just about to post a comment about that estimate. Seemed awfully low.

#5 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Good coverage here on ABC

#6 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

LOL - that's good compared to the year they actually said we had "dozens" in attendance.
It's laughable but I do believe it's a blatant attempt to diminish the obvious success of the event.

#7 Davey

• Members
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

The first thing they show is the sign that says "BUY GUNS". Ugh. That's not helping. Makes us look like guniacs. Why not the "Dial 911 and pray sign". That would have been better.

Other than that there didn't seem to be any voices for the antis which is good.

#8 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

That sign didn't do us any good at all, anybody know who brought it, and their pedigree? A crypto - anti?? Detractor in our midst? A phlager phlake?

edit - see my new thread....
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#9 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,787 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

Hey I made the last 3 seconds.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#10 mauser98

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

Here is an article on IGOLD with a poll on FOID card privacy from the Peoria Journal Star this morning.

http://www.pjstar.co...llinois-Capitol

#11 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

Gun Owners Rally for Concealed Carry Rights - WPSD16

#12 BadWaterBill

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

To bad Ms D Jackson did not go to school on a regular basis. Several HUNDRED were in attendance.

First her teachers AND parents never taught her to tell the truth.

She would have flunked ANY math class I went to. How many seats in a row? How many rows in a section? How many sections in the building? :thumbsup:

And this type of journalistic ineptness gets her a job on TV in front of a camera?

#13 Smittyp83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

Here's what I just emailed the editor of the Daily Herald:

Wow.

Approximately 7,000 legal Illinois gun owners marched on Springfield yesterday to lobby for their 2nd Amendment rights, and to push for legislation to keep FOID information private, and all the Daily Herald has is a lukewarm, biased AP story.

Relying on the AP to cover happenings in our own home state? The same AP who is pushing to have the FOID information released?

This is yet another reason why I cancelled my print subscription.

Rgds,
[Posted Image

#14 eric2281

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hey I made the last 3 seconds.

My wife & I just watched it and at the end, we both said, "Hey, there's Lou!" :thumbsup:
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men" ~ Monsignor (Boondock Saints)

"Lack of interest has it's price... as we're stripped of all our rights" - KMFDM

"Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying? A: Their lips are moving" - Lou

NRA & ISRA Member / Member of the Rifles & Roundels society Posted Image

#15 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,787 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:08 AM

Yup, and Kenny and Mrs. Kenny were in the middle of the video in post #1

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#16 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,787 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

Well I just went through the entire Chicago Tribune {which advocated the repeal of the Second Amendment right after Heller} and there was not one word about IGOLD.

They did have a front page story about about price fixing on bagged ice. :thumbsup:

#17 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,683 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Ya who has the signs that say "Buy Guns" and "I'm not here to beg for a permission slip" please take them outside and set them on fire. Thank you
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#18 sctman800

• Members
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

The NEWS-GAZETTE in Champaign did absoutley s**t reporting once again. I tried to find something to link to on their web site but could find nothing there. The front page story is by AP writer Don Babwin and makes no mention whatsoever of RTC. The entire article is about the FOID card debate. Is this the same AP writewr that requested the FOID card release? It was announced at IGOLD that one of the people doing interviews at the Prarie Center was the person who had requested the release and that he was invited to speak but refused.
As if that wasn't enough the editorial page which I also couldn't find online deals with the FOID card release of names. We have now "started whining that thugs would invade their homes." Nice job N-G. Jim.
Kristofferson wrote it and Janis sang it "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

#19 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

I watched the 9:00 Fox news last night hoping to see something. Instead they chose to mention that hundreds were rallying in Indiana.
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#20 Chris

Furthering our cause through information overload.

• Admin
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

Sounds none of the Chicago Stations will be putting their stuff on the web.

Did anyone happen to DVR it so we can get a hold of that video?
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
- Edmund Burke

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Posted Image

#21 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Illinois State House News

#22 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

Springfield Journal Register - quite lengthy article with great quotes from those in attendance!

#23 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

Interesting that the news anchorman said there were thousands, but the reporter said hundreds.
Sounds to me like ONE of them has a bias against us...

#24 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Posted on WLS - Cisco Cotto show

#25 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

I almost missed this on Cisco Cotto's WLS website!!

If you are on Facebook, Please go to his website and "Like" this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z94xMTHvuM&feature=youtu.be

#26 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

NRAnews.com >programs > March 10 > scroll down to Valinda Rowe

#27 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,683 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

You can never get enough Valinda! Posted Image
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#28 Molly B.

• 11,409 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

WCIA Champaign piece features our Don Gwinn!!

#29 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

Good interview Don!

#30 junglebob

• 5,014 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

LOL - that's good compared to the year they actually said we had "dozens" in attendance.
It's laughable but I do believe it's a blatant attempt to diminish the obvious success of the event.

What is the official Illinois Carry tally of the number in attendance? How many packets were given out at the convention center?
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)