Photo

conceal carry classes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 ike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

Does anybogy know of concel carry classes offered in Southern Illinois ? would prefer Utah

#2 Diver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

How southern are you looking? below the Capitol?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To ERR is human, to FORGIVE divine. HOWEVER, neither is Marine Corps Policy.
~Unknown~

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his.
~General George Patton, US Army~

مجنون كافر مطلق النار (Crazy Infidel Shooter)

#3 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:50 PM

Does anybogy know of concel carry classes offered in Southern Illinois ? would prefer Utah

contact wazzle on illinoiscarry. he is trying to set up a class in carbondale that we will be coming down to teach.

CarrySafely.com

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#4 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

How southern are you looking? below the Capitol?

I don't intend to be a smart a** by this comment, but springfield is central and being from marion we think anything north of Mt. vernon is near chicago
boog
It's a southern thang. Ya'll wouldn't understand. (I saw that on a t shirt)

CarrySafely.com

#5 ike

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

I consider anything north of RT 13 ,marion to be central IL.and thanks for the suggestions

#6 ike

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

Boog ,count me in if you get a class setup in C'dale.for on a weekend.I'll start looking foe my passport to go that far north.

#7 boog

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

Boog ,count me in if you get a class setup in C'dale.for on a weekend.I'll start looking foe my passport to go that far north.

I see you live in Golconda. You should tell everyone you are from Kentucky

CarrySafely.com

#8 ike

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

I usually say I'm from around Paducah

#9 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,269 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Ah yes, the same general area of Anna, Jonesboro, Vienna (with a long I), Dixon Springs and what I call God's Country! Little Egypt, the "real" Southern Illinois, starts at Rt 13. Mt Vernon to Marion is "transition zone". I spent many a winter in Union county chasing geese and I still count many folks down there as friends. Of course, my friends in Wilmington in Will county thought that I was a "southerner" being from Shelbyville. They didn't have a clue.

Enjoy yourselves, you've got the better part of the state right there.

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#10 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

Ah yes, the same general area of Anna, Jonesboro, Vienna (with a long I), Dixon Springs and what I call God's Country! Little Egypt, the "real" Southern Illinois, starts at Rt 13. Mt Vernon to Marion is "transition zone". I spent many a winter in Union county chasing geese and I still count many folks down there as friends. Of course, my friends in Wilmington in Will county thought that I was a "southerner" being from Shelbyville. They didn't have a clue.

AB

Keep wondering if we couldn't get everything south of Rt. 13 annexed into the state of Kentucky, they already have the river up to the west bank. Cities can annex adjoinging land. South of Rt.13 gets more Kentucky like not much like flat prarie, more hills and ridges.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#11 wazzle

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

I am looking for about 3 more interested people for the Utah class. I haven't set a date until I get the magic number of 10. It would be in the Carbondale area.

#12 ike

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:42 PM

Wazzle, if you will hold it on a weekend you can count me in.any other time ,give me an idea of what day and I'll check my schedule.just let me know.thanks Ike

#13 ike

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

AB

Keep wondering if we couldn't get everything south of Rt. 13 annexed into the state of Kentucky, they already have the river up to the west bank. Cities can annex adjoinging land. South of Rt.13 gets more Kentucky like not much like flat prarie, more hills and ridges.

Be nice Wouldn't have to cross the money saving bridges to get to uncase my ccw gun

#14 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,679 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

Gods country indeed, though I'll never understand how the heck you raise a corn crop on that soil.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#15 wazzle

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

Ok, I am looking at either Saturday March 19 or 26 if anyone is interested in attending a Utah class in Carbondale. Cost of class is $125 with a $65.25 application fee.

FYI, this class may include the Lt. Governor sitting in to observe.

#16 papa

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:25 PM

Great news wazzle ! I hope she does attend.

#17 Diver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

I don't intend to be a smart a** by this comment, but springfield is central and being from marion we think anything north of Mt. vernon is near chicago
boog
It's a southern thang. Ya'll wouldn't understand. (I saw that on a t shirt)

Location is relative to the definition of southern. I live in plainfield and by Chicago suburban standards, I am south.
Knowing that Springfield is Central IL, I used that as a reference point.
Now with that said, being that a good chunk of my bloodline family resides in Tennessee(Southern if you will-Selmer), I know what Southern truly is..lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To ERR is human, to FORGIVE divine. HOWEVER, neither is Marine Corps Policy.
~Unknown~

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his.
~General George Patton, US Army~

مجنون كافر مطلق النار (Crazy Infidel Shooter)