Photo

Maryland's motion to dismiss denied (Woollard)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 chicago guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Get a big enough meeting together in her district and she will come around. Don't give up just yet. Votes count! Ooops! :thumbsup: This is Chicago we are talking about. They count over and over...... Good luck!

Regards, Drd
[/quote]
they count more if you're dead! :thinking:

#32 dmefford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Get a big enough meeting together in her district and she will come around. Don't give up just yet. Votes count! Ooops! :thumbsup: This is Chicago we are talking about. They count over and over...... Good luck!

Regards, Drd

they count more if you're dead! :thinking:

That is an immortal thought!

Regards, Drd
Visit my Blog: "Shall Not Be Infringed"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
--Thomas Jefferson to I. Tiffany, 1819

#33 Howard Roark

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Pleasure reading right here. The newest filing In Woollard (in Maryland) by Gura.

http://ia700501.us.a...180772.59.0.pdf

This case is getting better and better, even after the awesome win.

All the best.
Howard Roark
Yay guns!!! boooo anti-gunners!

#34 TFC

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

That was easily the best read I've had all year!
We need this judge here! The machine hacks are destroying us! :shtf: :alien: :rolleyes:
~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".
Based on the restrictions on carry in Chicago/Cook County, I was right.

...doing just enough to keep them out of Federal Court...

#35 dmefford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

That was easily the best read I've had all year!
We need this judge here! The machine hacks are destroying us! :shtf: :alien: :rolleyes:

I can not begin to say what a huge, monumental, gargantuan, definitive victory this is... While it is a lower court the principles appear, at least to me, to be well thought out.

This is spectacular...... This will make Myerscough and her miserable wimpy, sloppy, thought processes choke... :hyper:

Regards, Drd

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

#36 NakPPI

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

This is like a look into the future if we win Shepard. Oh the calamity! You must stay enforcement or blood will run in the streets! It doesn't matter if we violate the constitution, after all we've been doing it for so long... :rolleyes:

Sent from my tactical multicam SCH-I500.
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#37 Sigma

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

alan gura is the man. No one can do what he does in the manner that he does it. His wording are so practical as he hands down a slap to his opponents.
And in person, he is the coolest down to earth person you can imagine.
We are blessed to have him fightin on our side. Not a member of 2nd amendment foundation yet? What will it take.
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#38 bob

• Members
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

I think one of Gura's enduring legacies will be his ability to write legal documents in a way that the average person can understand. It is an extremely rare talent. We will have a lot of legal text that the average guy can look at and understand that just does not exist in a lot of areas of jurisprudence. It appears to me that his style is also infecting some judges as well. A lot of the cases seem to have judicial writings that are above average in understandability (is that a word?) as well, even some of the losing cases.

By itself, that may well make a big difference long term as much of the fight is really a political "hearts and minds" kind of thing as opposed to something that can truly be won in court. Get the average Joe to thinking he really does have a RTKBA and even if he does not want to personally exercise it, he is going to be less inclined to actively oppose it for others and eventually accept it.

It is a lot like abortion in that respect. One does not have to personally approve of or engage in the practice to accept that it is a settled issue.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The opinions expressed by this poster do not reflect the official stance of Illinois Carry. Apparently there was some confusion on the part of at least one person that it does, and I want to make things clear that my opinion is my own and that whatever the official stance of IC is or is not at present, it may or may not reflect my own opinion.

http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

#39 oneshot

• Members
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANTS' MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT
http://ia700101.us.a...180772.34.0.pdf

It's full of all kinds of Gura-goodness (e.g. "Nonetheless, Defendants and their amici persist in ignoring the two words appearing in the Second Amendment after "keep." Their denial is not well-grounded.")

Here's the Conclusion:

Defendants' arbitrary denial of Second Amendment rights must be enjoined. Defendants'
motion for summary judgment should be denied. Plaintiffs' motion for summary judgment should be granted.

Hmm, the link is dead at the moment. How do you go about searching for it?

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave. - Andrew Fletcher 1698

#40 TFC

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

There's a copy of the ruling. I suggest everyone save it.

Attached Files

~If you speak of a gun as a toy, then you see medical waste as playground filler. Yes, it means you're a screwed up individual.~
~"An invasion of mainland America is unwise. Behind every blade of grass a rifle would await us"
-Yamamoto Isoroku
I predicted that Chicago/Cook county will be sold out in order to get "shall issue".

#41 dmefford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Got it....... great smack down........

Regards, Drd

#42 TFC

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Got it....... great smack down........

Regards, Drd

I wish I had some popcorn while I was reading it.... :sweat: :jerry:
-Yamamoto Isoroku

#43 Danielm60660

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Any new news on this one? I'm guessing it will be appealed if it hasn't already.

Edit for typo.

Edited by Danielm60660, 09 May 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#44 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,220 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Petitioner's (Gura) response brief.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.