Photo

US Training Center Midwest (Blackwater)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 ChicagoSigFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

Anyone know what happened to the US Training Center in Mt Carrol? I took the 3 day Basic Pistol class this summer, but I just checked the website and there is no mention of a Midwest location. North Carolina and San Diego is all they have now. Anyone know the story? It was a great facility with a top notch staff.

#2 Bud

• Members
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:26 AM

Anyone know what happened to the US Training Center in Mt Carrol? I took the 3 day Basic Pistol class this summer, but I just checked the website and there is no mention of a Midwest location. North Carolina and San Diego is all they have now. Anyone know the story? It was a great facility with a top notch staff.

I think they just don't schedule classes in the winter months. They are still listed on the course schedules but no classes are listed from Oct-Mar 2011.

I hope, because I wanted to take a class there.
Bud

Winter is coming
and the White Walkers are already attacking the cities

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#3 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

I think they just don't schedule classes in the winter months. They are still listed on the course schedules but no classes are listed from Oct-Mar 2011.

October is winter? Not here in Southern Illinois, I'm going to a handgun class this saturday. I am sure it isn't at an outdoor range.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#4 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,698 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

October is winter? Not here in Southern Illinois, I'm going to a handgun class this saturday. I am sure it isn't at an outdoor range.

Yeah, but Mt. Carroll is NOT in Southern Illinois, even by Chicago standards!!

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#5 ChicagoSigFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

I don't see any mention of the Mt Carrol facility on the website (ustraining.com).

It's not on list of training locations, nor is it on the list of classes.

Hope I'm missing something - it was really a first rate place.

#6 templar223

Natural Born Infidel

• Members
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

I've heard Monsanto bought "Xe", the new name for Blackwater just recently.

Wonder if they closed Mt. Carroll...

John
Guns Save Life | GSL Defense Training

Guns Save Life meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Knights of Columbus in Rantoul, IL. Ask me how to get there! It's a great time. Join Guns Save Life today for some great benefits!

GSL Defense Training provides NRA Personal Protection in the Home courses that satisfy the training requirement for a Florida non-resident License to Carry, as well as intermediate-level pistol training and training in the use of Urban Rifles.

#7 RichardM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

I've heard Monsanto bought "Xe", the new name for Blackwater just recently.

Wonder if they closed Mt. Carroll...

John

I trained there last summer It was US training...Xe is the parent company

#8 RichardM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

http://www.ustrainin...st/schedule.asp

going by this schedule looks like it is not having courses oct through March

hope this helps

Call and ask for Eric

I know DTI is holding a course in around Illinois Dec 4-5 for and Urban rifle

if you are looking for a pistol course PM me for a list of some other course that are on the same level as US Training

#9 EchoDelta

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

The former Blackwater facility near Mt. Carroll is now the Impact Training Group at North American Weapons & Tactical Training Center.
nawttc.com

I attended the three day Basic Pistol class earlier this month.

I learned a lot, met some good people, and had a good time.

I expect to return when finances allow.

#10 almercha

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

All,

It is true that US Training Center is no longer located in Mt Carroll. I have opened my own company and have taken over the facility. We are operating as Impact Training Group, incorporated under North American Weapons and Tactical Training Center.

We will continue to provide the best firearms and tactics training available and the best facility in the Midwest. My 2011 course schedule is online at www.nawttc.com

For those of you who have attended training here, we look forward to seeing you again. For those that have not, watch the website for some great deals.

I can still be contacted at (815) 244-2900 or edavis@nawttc.com

Regards,

Eric Davis
President
Director of Training and Operations
Impact Training Group

#11 templar223

Natural Born Infidel

• Members
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

All,

It is true that US Training Center is no longer located in Mt Carroll. I have opened my own company and have taken over the facility. We are operating as Impact Training Group, incorporated under North American Weapons and Tactical Training Center.

We will continue to provide the best firearms and tactics training available and the best facility in the Midwest. My 2011 course schedule is online at www.nawttc.com

For those of you who have attended training here, we look forward to seeing you again. For those that have not, watch the website for some great deals.

I can still be contacted at (815) 244-2900 or edavis@nawttc.com

Regards,

Eric Davis
President
Director of Training and Operations
Impact Training Group

Eric,

Glad to hear you're back on the radar. You guys must offer some pretty impressive stuff over there.

I looked over the website.

On the "ranges" page, you misspelled "Simunition".

(SIMMUNITION HOUSE) (too many "m"s)

John
Guns Save Life | GSL Defense Training

Guns Save Life meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Knights of Columbus in Rantoul, IL. Ask me how to get there! It's a great time. Join Guns Save Life today for some great benefits!

GSL Defense Training provides NRA Personal Protection in the Home courses that satisfy the training requirement for a Florida non-resident License to Carry, as well as intermediate-level pistol training and training in the use of Urban Rifles.

#12 Birdmang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with supporting Monsanto...is this place owned by them? Can anyone prove or deny?

#13 Pecker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with supporting Monsanto...is this place owned by them? Can anyone prove or deny?

I also hear that they support ...

~Let's not open that bag o worms here, please. Templar.
If guns cause crime, mine are defective!

#14 JBomb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Gentlemen, lets keep this thread on track. Eric has said, his company doesn't have any ties to Blackwater or U.S. Training center anymore. Eric has been gracious enough to offer free training to members of this board...lets not ruin it.
Gun Control...What we need is Criminal Control.

#15 eric2281

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Gentlemen, lets keep this thread on track. Eric has said, his company doesn't have any ties to Blackwater or U.S. Training center anymore. Eric has been gracious enough to offer free training to members of this board...lets not ruin it.

+1
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men" ~ Monsignor (Boondock Saints)

"Lack of interest has it's price... as we're stripped of all our rights" - KMFDM

"Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying? A: Their lips are moving" - Lou

NRA & ISRA Member / Member of the Rifles & Roundels society Posted Image

#16 almercha

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

I can promise you that this facility no longer has any ties to Blackwater, Xe Services, US Training Center, or Monsanto. US Training Center and I broke all ties on the last day of September 2010. You can check out my website at www.nawttc.com If you have any questions, give me a call (815) 244-2900.

#17 Diver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

Eric has been gracious enough to offer free training to members of this board...lets not ruin it.

where do I find the info in underlined bolded?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To ERR is human, to FORGIVE divine. HOWEVER, neither is Marine Corps Policy.
~Unknown~

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his.
~General George Patton, US Army~

مجنون كافر مطلق النار (Crazy Infidel Shooter)

#18 Ashes

That Guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:33 AM

Eric has been gracious enough to offer free training to members of this board...lets not ruin it.

where do I find the info in underlined bolded?

Keep an eye on the Training forum. The last offer was first come, first serve.