Photo

Ammo at Rural King

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

I was at Rural King in Marion today, and they actually had a good stock of a lot of pistol ammo that wasn't way overpriced. 100 box of Remington target loads for 9mm for $23.49. I was quite surprised, as their ammo seemed a bit high to me in the past, and that was if they had any. their boxes of 50 of the Remington 9mms was only about .50 per 50 more expensive than the bulk box. They actually also had a box of .45 ACP defense rounds, and a 250 box of .380 target rounds for about $75.00, which is about $15.00/50 rounds, which is a good price, I think.
Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor
IL FCCA Approved Instructor

#2 2old2play

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

I'm going to keep a watch at out local Rural Kings also. In Swansea they had a weekend special a few weeks ago, Boxes of 20 .223 PMC Bronze for 6 dollars and change.

You meet the nicest people at ammo displays :thumbsup:.
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment US Constitution
But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8 KJV

#3 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

All of my local Rural King stores have started carrying LOADS of 9mm ammunition. Some no-name little boxes of 50, and Ruger I believe. Walmart has also had a whole bunch lately but nothing like Rural Kings supply...

:)
Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent

#4 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:53 AM

All of my local Rural King stores have started carrying LOADS of 9mm ammunition. Some no-name little boxes of 50, and Ruger I believe. Walmart has also had a whole bunch lately but nothing like Rural Kings supply...

GB :)

I saw some of that a while back in the non-name boxes, looked like army surplus. There was some dating on the boxes, 1980 maybe, if I recall correctly. I haven't seen much 9mm ammo at Rural King for a while.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#5 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

Rural King in Paris has .45 for $38/100 it's just a matter of catching it when it's in stock. Also Myers in Champaign has .45 for $34/100. These are both just plain jane FMC.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#6 Houndawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:44 AM

Rural King still pisses me off about their waiting period for muzzle loaders.

#7 ming

• 1,357 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

Man you guys south of Chicago get good prices on ammo. Price for .45 ammo in the Chicago burbs is about $24 for a box of 50. I haven't seen anything near that $34/100 in Champaign.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor

#8 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

I saw some of that a while back in the non-name boxes, looked like army surplus. There was some dating on the boxes, 1980 maybe, if I recall correctly. I haven't seen much 9mm ammo at Rural King for a while.

I was needing some 9mm a few months back and thought I would save 5 minutes by going to Rural King and not driving to Dunns. All RK had was that old surplus stuff. I decided to pass on it and drove to Dunns. BTW, they even had at one time those giant sardine cans of ammo for sale at RK.

#9 ryr8828

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

I need to get out there, I still have some storage room.

Stalling until the deadline and just making the statutory deadline, is just stalling.

This disappoints me. So much for my good thoughts of the isp and their process.

I've got my license in hand, but my wife applied on 1/5 with no prints and no criminal record. She also retired from the Dept. of Corrections, so her info isn't hard to investigate. It's obvious to me now that after a big bluster at the start, the isp is now dragging their feet, and it pisses me off.

There is no reason for it. Our rights have been denied for decades.

#10 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, I heard!

#11 ryr8828

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, I heard!

I don't put ammo in the safes, except for loaded magazines. Last time I was at Columbia I stopped at armygear surplus store and bought 2 huge ammo cans. One is still empty.

If you just grab a box or 2 or stuff every time you go to town it's amazing how much ammo you end up with without realizing it.

Stalling until the deadline and just making the statutory deadline, is just stalling.

This disappoints me. So much for my good thoughts of the isp and their process.

I've got my license in hand, but my wife applied on 1/5 with no prints and no criminal record. She also retired from the Dept. of Corrections, so her info isn't hard to investigate. It's obvious to me now that after a big bluster at the start, the isp is now dragging their feet, and it pisses me off.

There is no reason for it. Our rights have been denied for decades.

#12 junglebob

• 4,780 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

I was needing some 9mm a few months back and thought I would save 5 minutes by going to Rural King and not driving to Dunns. All RK had was that old surplus stuff. I decided to pass on it and drove to Dunns. BTW, they even had at one time those giant sardine cans of ammo for sale at RK.

I checked at one local RK, they had about 12 boxes of 9mm Blazer or UMC, first time I've seen any in a while.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#13 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

[quote name='junglebob' date='16 June 2010 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1276692057' post='218271']
[quote name='sirflyguy' date='15 June 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1276634057' post='218208']
[quote name='junglebob' date='15 June 2010 - 07:53 AM' timestamp='1276606415' post='218150']
[quote name='Bird76Mojo' date='14 June 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1276571436' post='218143']

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I checked at one local RK, they had about 12 boxes of 9mm Blazer or UMC, first time I've seen any in a while.
[/quote]
9mm is really starting to come back in good supply and it seems the .45 is getting better atleast.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#14 mikew

• Members
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

Rural King still pisses me off about their waiting period for muzzle loaders.

How does that work? 24 hours for a long gun, 72 for a revolver or pistol?

edited to add:
Just like everyone else in Illinois...