Photo

Helen Thomas talks for Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Furthering our cause through information overload.

• Admin
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

Wow, sounds to me like someone needs to go back and read the supreme court ruling.

If you're wondering who she is check this out:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Helen_Thomas

Edited by Don Gwinn, 04 June 2010 - 09:16 PM.
Hope that made the Youtube come back--the Brady folks apparently re-uploaded it.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
- Edmund Burke

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Posted Image

#2 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

You expected something different?

But it IS jarring to hear the word "freedom" in the context of the sentences she reads.

But she's old, maybe she is loosing her mind.
(I'm 52, so I'm not exactly some kid complaining about his elders)

She'll die soon, thus bringing to an end the damage she could do.
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#3 Bill Matio

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

All she is is an old WH correspondent.

Why the surprise?

She's an old nobody.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

Alexis de Tocqueville

#4 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

reminded me of Dirty Harry talking about dog poo

#5 papa

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

The sad thing is , many people hear these words comeing from her mouth and think it is the 100% truth . When she says the SCOTUS has found a way to let everyone carry a gun , is she just outright lieing , not able to comprehend the ruleing , or a combination of the above?

It isn't just her doing this either.

#6 billzfx4

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

If you're wondering who she is check this out:

I thought I was watching The Wicked Witch Of The West.
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#7 Jeff Johnson

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

She should have spent that time looking for a new hair salon instead.

#8 GarandFan

• Members
  • 11,727 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Holy cow ... is this the Brady Campaign to Promote Geriatrics?

(no offense meant to anyone ... but that woman is just not living in the real world)
"It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place."
Lewis Carroll, 1872

#9 GarandFan

• Members
  • 11,727 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

When she says the SCOTUS has found a way to let everyone carry a gun , is she just outright lieing , not able to comprehend the ruleing , or a combination of the above?

Yes.
"It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place."
Lewis Carroll, 1872

#10 1957Human

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

If I were the leader of an advocacy group and the best person we could find to speak on our behalf was an obviously senile, date-expired Trotskite whose best days were during the Roosevelt Administration I'd give up.
Life Member of GOA

#11 muskydope

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

She's a gem, her latest statement is that the Jews should give Israel back to the Palestinians and go back where they come from....Germany and Poland.

#12 Bud

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

She's a gem, her latest statement is that the Jews should give Israel back to the Palestinians and go back where they come from....Germany and Poland.

Here's a classic Helen Thomas as Muskydope reported:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQcQdWBqt14&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded[/url]

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#13 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

Call me naive, but I guess I never knew there were so many people who hated Jews. I realize that to some they are a symbol of capitalism, but I had figured after WWII that "Jew Hate'n" would have fallen out of style.

What the heck is happening in this country? Why are we going backwards? The government policies, the economy, now Jew Haters too??... Its like a bad dream or something.

Have I been spending too much time on the Internet? Anyone else notice this? Then these people claim to be following in the footsteps of the civil rights movement...

Put that hag's comment in line with the following photo:

Posted Image

#14 Don Gwinn

President, SCRA

• 2,664 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

The video in the original post says it's been removed by the user. Can anyone give a fairly accurate paraphrase of what she said? I never saw it. I figured this would be about her recent call to destroy Israel (the one Budman posted.)

________________________________________________________________________________

Illinois Gun Owners' Lobbying Day

March 5, 2014

Be there or everyone will see that you have four equal sides and four 90-degree angles!

________________________________________________________________________________

#15 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

The video in the original post says it's been removed by the user. Can anyone give a fairly accurate paraphrase of what she said? I never saw it. I figured this would be about her recent call to destroy Israel (the one Budman posted.)

I just clicked it and it worked... Here's the transcript, I wrote it verbatim

Interviewer (from RabbiLive.com) : Any comments on Israel? For.... <interrupted by Helen's response>

Helen Thomas: Tell them to get the heck out of Palestine.

<dorky laugh by Helen> <Interviewer is taken back>

Remember these people are occupied, and its their land, not Germany, not Poland.

Interviewer: So where should they go, what should they do?

Helen Thomas: Go home...

Interviewer: where's home?

Helen Thomas: Poland, Germany...

Interviewer: So the Jews should go back to Poland and Germany?

Helen Thomas: ...and America, and everywhere else

#16 Don Gwinn

President, SCRA

• 2,664 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Sorry you had to do that! I meant the OP's video of Thomas accepting an award from the Brady Campaign. Apparently they took it down and then re-uploaded it for some reason, and it had a different URL. click on the video and you got the message "Video has been removed by the user," but wait for the related videos and it was among those. So I edited the OP to embed the new URL, and it should work fine now.

She's a real piece of work, but I suppose she's reached that age where you figure you can just say anything you want. "I've survived this long on bacon and doughnuts, and it'll be a cold day in heck before those filthy Armenians get my cigarettes. Oh, don't look so damned shocked!"

I admit I half-wondered whether they pulled it when she got into hot water over her anti-Israel remarks. She has apparently put out an apology today, but it's pretty weak sauce. Basically she says that her words "do not reflect" her beliefs, which are that both sides should respect each other and find a peaceful solution. No comment on how she managed to say things that don't reflect her beliefs and do reflect the opposite . . . probably an accident.

The entire apology as posted at www.helenthomas.org :

Helen Thomas issued the following statement today: “I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon.”

Actually, you can resolve the conflict if you add on a few words at the end. See the bold additions:

Helen Thomas issued the following statement today: “I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance given specific values for "respect" and "tolerance."* May that day come soon.”

* "Respect" and "tolerance" = Jews driven into the sea or possibly annihilated in situ. Flexibility is key in diplomacy.

March 5, 2014

Be there or everyone will see that you have four equal sides and four 90-degree angles!

#17 muskydope

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

Just remember that those fine LIBERAL types are not prejudice (not anti semetic either). Thats why they want to seperate us conservative types from our weapons...you know... so they can preserve their high moral standards.

#18 Gooch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:38 AM

WOW.......

I think it speaks volumes for the Brady Bunch, as in desperation! For gods sake WHY on earth would you have that woman speak at ANY event? I remember her as a member of the white house press corp and would often shake my head in laughter at some of the questions she used to pose to the President and his press secretary.

The Brady Bunch is grasping at straws folks!

Gooch

#19 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:41 AM

Sorry you had to do that! I meant the OP's video of Thomas accepting an award from the Brady Campaign. Apparently they took it down and then re-uploaded it for some reason, and it had a different URL.

No problems here Don, sorry I misunderstood you. In all honesty, I listened to the clip a couple of times - pausing a few times. The first time I copied down the interviewer remarks, and the second time I filled in the answers from Helen. Was about 5 min of effort, of which I would have only wasted away with sleep :thumbsup:

I must say though, its not just "Hellian", its the entire liberal press core. They are all orchestrating this media attack on Israel, and preying upon the uninformed... "Humanitarians attacked and killed by Israel". I've been baffled by it all this week. The good news is that a majority of folks are starting to come around, and see that these "Humanitarians" have history with terrorism. Something the mainstream had been conveniently omitting from their coverage.

#20 Don Gwinn

President, SCRA

• 2,664 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

Next time (and the brouhaha guarantees that there will be a next time) the Israeli navy should simply give three warnings, then fill the water around the ship with flotation devices and hole it below the waterline, then rescue survivors from the water. They'd get the same press either way, and at least that method keeps their own people safer. France would do it without hesitation.

March 5, 2014

#21 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

Next time (and the brouhaha guarantees that there will be a next time) the Israeli navy should simply give three warnings, then fill the water around the ship with flotation devices and hole it below the waterline, then rescue survivors from the water. They'd get the same press either way, and at least that method keeps their own people safer. France would do it without hesitation.

I like your idea - how about a UDT exercise with some hull breaching :thumbsup:

Then they put the gangway from the Israeli vessel to the sinking ship and voila, instant cooperation :D They become rescuers instead of the bad guys LOL

#22 muskydope

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

The sinking idea sounds good, but do it the North Korean way. Torpedo the ship and sink it, then threaten all out nuclear war if anybody sqeaks about it, go home and wait for the 25 milloin dollar check from the U.N.

#23 Bill Matio

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

FWIW, Helen Thomas works for the Hearst Corporation, and there are reams of articles on the net regarding William Randolph Hearst's buddy buddy relationship with Mussolini,

and Hitler.

http://rationalrevol...f_the_europ.htm

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

Alexis de Tocqueville

#24 RXtion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

Apparently they took it down and then re-uploaded it for some reason, and it had a different URL.

Looks to me that they took it down and uploaded it again with comments disabled so that the epic firestorm of outrage could not be displayed beneath the video.

Typical Brady Campaign cowardice. Notice how all Brady Campaign videos on YouTube for their channel have comments disabled? They know that if they had comments and ratings enabled on their videos that right alongside their videos the overwhelming posts of opposition and 0 star ratings would show very clearly to the rest of the world just how out of touch with reality the Brady Campaign is.
Posted Image

#25 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

Apparently they took it down and then re-uploaded it for some reason, and it had a different URL.

Looks to me that they took it down and uploaded it again with comments disabled so that the epic firestorm of outrage could not be displayed beneath the video.

Typical Brady Campaign cowardice. Notice how all Brady Campaign videos on YouTube for their channel have comments disabled? They know that if they had comments and ratings enabled on their videos that right alongside their videos the overwhelming posts of opposition and 0 star ratings would show very clearly to the rest of the world just how out of touch with reality the Brady Campaign is.

Very good catch.

Perhaps someone with a more "free speech" approach to youtube will clone the vid, and upload it with comments enabled?

#26 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

Good news, I located a vid with comments enabled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsp-x662xCg

#27 Bill Matio

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:16 AM

AP just reported she "retired"

http://news.yahoo.co..._israel_remarks

Helen Thomas retires in flap over Israel remarks

Alexis de Tocqueville

#28 oneshot

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:41 AM

Just goes to show her ignorance, the Jewish people had been resettling the area for a long time before WWII. If she's so hip to leaving persecuted indigenous people to their disputed land, why doesn't she move back to Europe?

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave. - Andrew Fletcher 1698

#29 pyre400

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:18 PM

AP just reported she "retired"

http://news.yahoo.co..._israel_remarks

Helen Thomas retires in flap over Israel remarks

Nothing like leaving on a high note.

#30 Bill Matio

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

Just goes to show her ignorance, the Jewish people had been resettling the area for a long time before WWII. If she's so hip to leaving persecuted indigenous people to their disputed land, why doesn't she move back to Europe?

Ummm

She's not from Europe

Her heritage is Lebonese

From wiki

Thomas was born in Winchester, Kentucky.[3] Her parents, Mary (née Rowady) and George Thomas, were Lebanese immigrants from Tripoli, Lebanon;[4][5][6]

Alexis de Tocqueville