Photo

Looking for build-it -yourself rifle bench rest plans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

As the title states, I'm looking for plans to build a wooden rifle rest. Anyone have any suggestions?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#2 Bill Matio

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

As the title states, I'm looking for plans to build a wooden rifle rest. Anyone have any suggestions?

Take a look at this, Mr. Buzzard http://www.ehow.com/...rifle-rest.html

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

Alexis de Tocqueville

#3 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

Right now, I'm kinda likin' this one....

...with some mods to make it more to my suiting.

http://thefiringline...ad.php?t=283818
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#4 Bill Matio

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:40 AM

That's a shooting bench, not a

looking for plans to build a wooden rifle rest

:frantics:

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

Alexis de Tocqueville

#5 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:22 AM

That's a shooting bench, not a

looking for plans to build a wooden rifle rest

:frantics:

You're right, Bill, you're right. I inadvertently melded terms there.
Unfortunately, by the time I realized it, it was posted and we can't edit topic headings.

Anyway, What I really intend to do with this bench is fasten my Ransom Rest to it. I've had the thing for several years and have never had something to fasten it to. I considered a heavy wooden picnic table which could also serve the family, but I like the idea of a dedicated shooting bench much better.

Sorry for the misleading topic heading, Bill. You notice I didn't question your suggestion? I realised it was my mistake.

#6 Bill Matio

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

Sorry for the misleading topic heading, Bill. You notice I didn't question your suggestion? I realised it was my mistake.

No problem Mr. Buzzard! Btw, that bench posted on the firing line forum looks pretty sharp!

Alexis de Tocqueville