Photo

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING NEW TOPIC: National Politics v. Back Room

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 SmershAgent

• Admin
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

Please note a new change in forum policy regarding "National Politics." In order to help keep the forum focused on its primary objective - advancing the Second Amendment in the United States and gaining legal recognition of the right-to-carry in Illinois, topics in "National Politics" should be dedicated to subject matter directly related to the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Discussion of other current events and national topics should take place in the Back Room.

The "National Politics" guidelines in the sticky thread titled "New Forum" have been adjusted to reflect this.

This decision is not the result of any particular individual or any breaches in the forum rules; it simply reflects the fact that the way "National Politics" was organized previously was inefficient and needlessly distracting.
My right to own a gun protects your right to tell me I can't

#2 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Then I presume that discussions of current events and topics at the state level should also take place in the Back Room, rather than Illinois Politics, is that correct?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#3 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:48 AM

have you guys thought about a dedicated forum to court cases?
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#4 Ashrak

• Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:49 AM

Would it be possible or agreeable to rename "National Politics" to something like "National Firearm Politics"? or "National Second Amendment Politics" Same for the state level?

Maybe add to the "Backroom" - something like "Backroom:General Politics"

Just throwing ideas out there.
That an individual right exists requires that certain policy positions be removed from the table of debate.

I write, therefore I am.

"It's not your business model that sucks, it's you that sucks." - Andrew Breitbart referring to the Mainstream Media.

#5 Jay6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

have you guys thought about a dedicated forum to court cases?

#6 Jay6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

Great idea. Would make searching details more efficient.

#7 Onytay

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Great idea. Would make searching details more efficient.

We have this already

http://illinoiscarry...hp?showforum=21

#8 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• 9,246 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

The thread was nicely bumped, though, and still relevant after all these years.
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Link to Livestream Blueroom Events Page

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

#9 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• 9,279 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Seems like another bump is called for.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.