Photo

IE 6 & 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Furthering our cause through information overload.

• Admin
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

Thanks to GravyBoy for finding the fix for this.

A lot of people that still use Internet Explorer 6 or 7 have been reporting site viewing issues. This is due to how those browser to not properly support CSS standards which is what our forum skins are written in and are a wide spread web standard.

Now the reported fix:

Under your login where your name is in the top right is a pull down box where you can choose "My Setting"

Under the "General Settings" which should come up automatically is the sub-section "Posting Settings"

Under "Posting Settings" you can select "Enable visual (RTE) editor?"

Press the "Save Changes" button at the bottom and you should be all set.
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
- Edmund Burke

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Posted Image

#2 papa

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

Wow!! What a difference. Thanks GravyBoy .

#3 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

A lot of people that still use Internet Explorer 6 or 7 have been reporting site viewing issues. This is due to how those browser to not properly support CSS standards which is what our forum skins are written in and are a wide spread web standard.

Now the reported fix:

Under your login where your name is in the top right is a pull down box where you can choose "My Setting"

Under the "General Settings" which should come up automatically is the sub-section "Posting Settings"

OK, I go to my user name and click on the pull down box, before I can click on "my settings" it goes to my user profile.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#4 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,273 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

Now the reported fix:

OK, I go to my user name and click on the pull down box, before I can click on "my settings" it goes to my user profile.

Clear up at the top, at thte right hand end of the address bar, click on the icon that looks like a torn sheet of paper. See if that helps. Then follow the instructions above if you can.

Tim
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB