Photo

Pack-n-Go concealed carry trip planner

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 mack69

"The surely one"

• 4,219 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

I was helping a family member plan a trip across country and remembered the Pack-n-Go travel site which was very helpful in showing what states honor what permits etc while travelling.
Of course all this kind of information requires the firearm owning traveler to verify information is up to date and current.Since we are heading into a heavy travel season with Thanksgiving and Christmas on the way I thought it would be a good thing to post.
Go safely all...

The link for Pack-n-Go is below:
Pack-n-Go
"The defense of our liberties is first at the ballot box, then the soap box, then the jury box and finally, failing all else, the cartridge box"
"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

-- George Orwell

#2 burningspear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

Warning. Careful. Pack n go may not give you correct information. For instance, pack n go says that Mississippi recognizes Pennsylvania, although Mississippi does not recognize the Pennsylvania license.

#3 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:13 AM

Warning. Careful. Pack n go may not give you correct information. For instance, pack n go says that Mississippi recognizes Pennsylvania, although Mississippi does not recognize the Pennsylvania license.

Good advise. I like the trip planner, problem is they are slow in updating it. They used to have a forum and I was a moderator. The site changed hands and they dropped the forum and like I said are slow in updating. It is a nice idea, you can even enter multiple LTC that you have when you start on the trip planner.

It is interesting that when you use the Pack-n-go to trip plan and enter Pa LTC it says that Mississippi does recognize Pa. You can go to the legal section of www.carryconcealed.net or click on state information on Mississippi when the information comes up on which states recognize or do not recognize your LTC and you are told it does not recognize Pa. I told them about mistakes like this when I was a moderator, they don't seem to fix things. It's a shame this would be a great tool if they kept it current. I guess one nice thing is if you use it you have the links to each states legal page. So if you use it click on each state and check to make sure the information is right.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#4 mack69

"The surely one"

• 4,219 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

You guys are right about mistakes and or slow or no updates which is why I put in: Of course all this kind of information requires the firearm owning traveler to verify information is up to date and current
"The defense of our liberties is first at the ballot box, then the soap box, then the jury box and finally, failing all else, the cartridge box"
"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

-- George Orwell

#5 Hatchet

• 1,962 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

ok i know this is way old but i was going though the stickies... i wouldnt trust that site...

1. Illinois (Your Starting State)
This State DOES NOT Honor Your CCW Permit.
Illinois IS an Open Carry State. Rural Open Carry. Open Carry Generally Allowed in Non-Incorporated Areas. See www.opencarry.org.
For more information visit Illinois's State CCW Legal page

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#6 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

ok i know this is way old but i was going though the stickies... i wouldnt trust that site...

Illinois IS an Open Carry State. Rural Open Carry. Open Carry Generally Allowed in Non-Incorporated Areas. See www.opencarry.org.

Agreed they need to strike "open carry generally allowed...." and replace it with the statutes of HB 182.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#7 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

sounds like someone needs to develope an APAD App
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#8 junglebob

• 4,780 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

The trip planner is a neat tool too bad it isn't kept up to date. They are quoting what was on www.opencarry.org quite a while back, well over a year, maybe a couple years since they changed that recommendation on opencarry.org to non-permissive open carry state.

I'm editting this it seems to be up to date and correct now at least all info on my Utah non-resident when I plugged it in on a pretend trip. It says Mississippi does not recognize a Pa non-resident LTC now.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Kileen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we're allowed effective self defense?

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#9 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:41 AM

not sure how up to date this site is: http://www.usacarry....ocity_maps.html
but it seems to be a bit more so than pack-n-go

also has some useful information in requirements to get a CCW permit (specifically which states isue to non-residents)
http://www.usacarry....nformation.html