Photo

IL GOP Party Platform - Endorses Second Amendment and Right to Carry

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 10,674 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

Too many Republican office holders and candidates do not seem to understand that the IL GOP party platform includes a very strong support of the Second Amendment and the right of law-abiding citizens to carry a concealed firearm.

Let's make sure all Republican office holders and candidates are clearly educated about the party they represent! Print copies of the attached flyer and distribute them to all anti-Second Amendment IL Republican office holders and everywhere an IL anti-Second Amendment Republican candidate makes an appearance.

Molly B.

Attached File  GOP_Platform_flyer.doc   27.5KB   225 downloads

Edited by Molly B., 23 April 2009 - 01:42 PM.
Original graphic used in flyer has been deleted

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,481 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:56 AM

A most excellent idea Molly!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#3 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 5,864 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:17 PM

I was thinking the same thing all day and was unable to log in. I think Mr. Kirk should get one with the 2nd Amendment part highlighted from every gun owner that attends his town hall meeting.

#4 Ol'Coach

• Members
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

I was thinking the same thing all day and was unable to log in. I think Mr. Kirk should get one with the 2nd Amendment part highlighted from every gun owner that attends his town hall meeting.

Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!
"He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount."
...Chinese proverb

#5 MARKHOLSTRUM

• Members
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

the party needs to blackball the snot out of him like the GOP did to RP over the war issue........kirk is so far off of party platform that the GOP should really look at dealing with him already.
"Squat and drop DOES NOT make one a U.S. citizen!" - 2ndAmendmentforever

Islamofascism didn't kill 50,000,000 people.....but Roe v Wade did.......

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

#6 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 10,481 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

I just sent a note to Andy McKenna who is the Illinois GOP Chairman.

Let's see if I get an answer.

His e-mail address is amckenna@ilgop.org

and other contact info can be found at:

http://www.weareillinois.org/contact/

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7 RichardM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

Isn't the new head of the GOP anti-gun?

#8 SirMatthew

• Members
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

I'm not sure, but here is what his website says (as if we can trust what politicians say on their websites):

http://www.ilsenate....issues.asp?ID=4

Gun Control - His reported position on gun rights is that he would close the gun show loophole, but that the emphasis should be on enforcing laws already in place.

Edit: This is for Andy McKenna, not Steele.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means." -- Thomas Jefferson to John Colvin, 1810.

#9 RichardM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

In an October 16, 2006 Washington Post interview, Steele was asked “Should people have access to buy assault weapons?” Steele’s response:

“Society should draw lines. What do you need an assault weapon for, if you’re going hunting? That’s overkill. But I don’t think that means you go to a total ban for those who want to use gun for skeet shooting or hunting or things like that” (emphasis added)

When asked his general views on gun control, Steele stated:

“I grew up under some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. You can have all the gun control laws in the country, but if you don’t enforce them, people are going to find a way to protect themselves. We need to recognize that bad people are doing bad things with these weapons. It’s not the law-abiding citizens, it’s not the person who uses it as a hobby.”

#10 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 5,864 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

I just sent a note to Andy McKenna who is the Illinois GOP Chairman.

Let's see if I get an answer.

You probably won't. I never have. I have a better answer as to why from my GOP county Chairman, but I won't post it in the open.

Different issue. We're talking about the IL GOP platform and it's relation to Kirk.