Photo

Will County IL. gun laws

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Navy80to04

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

Hi All,
My Wifes friend is driving down from Will County to down where we live, (south IL) Her husband passed away and she wants to bring down his old revolver for me to clean up and show her how to use it.

My question is: Does Will County have any of them bad gun laws, like cook county? She keeps telling me that the gun is not registered? is that something that is needed in Will County?

Thanks,
Greg

Life NRA,  IL CCL, PA CCW NONres.

#2 Silver Guardian

• Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

I'm pretty sure the only place you have to worry about registration is the city of Chicago. A quick scan didn't show any Will Co gun laws.
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." Thomas Paine

#3 Chris

Furthering our cause through information overload.

• Admin
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

Silver is correct, there are not restrictions that should affect you in Will County.

Here is the list of cities with a few different laws.

http://www.isp.state.../ordinances.cfm
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
- Edmund Burke

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Posted Image

#4 Navy80to04

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

I could not find anything on a search, thanks

#5 PPK

Innocent Bystander

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

She does have her FOID card, right?
It's a wonderful day in the hood...

#6 Navy80to04

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

you are right, 4got about that little card

#7 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,269 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

you are right, 4got about that little card

How long since her husband passed? The FOID act exempts heirs of a gun owner for 60 days (magnanimous isn't it?) after the passing of the gun owner. I wouldn't count on every LEO that you meet knowing that though. Best for her to leave it in the drawer or where ever until she gets a FOID.

Pertinent Statute: (430 ILCS 65/12) (from Ch. 38, par. 83‑12)[/size]
Sec. 12. The provisions of this Act shall not apply to the passing or transfer of any firearm or firearm ammunition upon the death of the owner thereof to his heir or legatee or to the passing or transfer of any firearm or firearm ammunition incident to any legal proceeding or action until 60 days after such passing or transfer.
(Source: Laws 1967, p. 2600.)[size=2]

Linky Thing

Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#8 glide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:45 AM

Also make sure she has it properly encased in the car when she does bring it down to you. Would hate to see her get in trouble for something she may not be aware of.

#9 RacerDave6

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

Also make sure she has it properly encased in the car when she does bring it down to you. Would hate to see her get in trouble for something she may not be aware of.

Yep all those damn rules.

Navy, there are a number of members in Will Co. I'm sure one of us would be happy to go check the firearm for her and give her a quick lesson on transport, etc

Dave
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor