CCL Denied FOID Reviked

thadog618

Honorably discharged Marine 83-91. 25 years with IDOC, now retired. Had FOID Card since 1991. Applied for CCL in 2016. Request denied because of Court Martial that was supposed to have been removed from my military records in 1988. Was charged for spanking son with my light a** canvas web belt. Would not accept NJP from boot a** 2nd LT and received a special court martial. Was found guilty and to receive reprimand and anger management course. And if I completed the course, stayed out of trouble for six months it all goes away. If this was on my records I would not have had a card for over 20 years. And an owner of about 10 fire arms. was told to find the 30 yr old records, ask for expungement or request a presidential pardon. Any advice for this aging Jar Head. Semper Fi

As a matter of a quick search to verify my understanding, military court martial can not be expunged!

You can however petition for a pardon and that may help, but the record will still exist.

Stating in the finding is that this may help with some parts of your life’s improvements.

It is further stated that the records will be permanent even if acquitted in this instance.

Good Luck and Welcome to the forums.

As a matter of a quick search to verify my understanding, military court martial can not be expunged!

You can however petition for a pardon and that may help, but the record will still exist.

Stating in the finding is that this may help with some parts of your life’s improvements.

It is further stated that the records will be permanent even if acquitted in this instance.

Good Luck and Welcome to the forums.

They took my 150 bucks real quick. My DD 214 says nothing to report. It got me my first FOID card and a State job. And now all of a sudden, 30 years later you take away my ability to protect my family and my home.

Read 430 ILCS 65/10

Thank You for your service.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Honorably discharged Marine 83-91. 25 years with IDOC, now retired. Had FOID Card since 1991. Applied for CCL in 2016. Request denied because of Court Martial that was supposed to have been removed from my military records in 1988. Was charged for spanking son with my light a** canvas web belt. Would not accept NJP from boot a** 2nd LT and received a special court martial. Was found guilty and to receive reprimand and anger management course. And if I completed the course, stayed out of trouble for six months it all goes away. If this was on my records I would not have had a card for over 20 years. And an owner of about 10 fire arms. was told to find the 30 yr old records, ask for expungement or request a presidential pardon. Any advice for this aging Jar Head. Semper Fi

You should be able to request a copy of your military records, even from 30 years ago - that's only 1990 era. Request a copy and see what they show. That will tell you/us how you need to proceed.

Archived