Photo

Do I need to get a new FOID or reapply?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Terrapin691

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

Long story short, I was convicted of a misdemeanor a little over five years ago and was involuntarily admitted to the psych ward at a local hospital by the local police. My FOID was revoked and I turned in my weapon. Fast forward to now and no further incidents, do I need to track down a physciatrist and get a letter stating that I am "ok"?

We were all drinking heavily, no weapons were ever brought out and I honestly don't know why I was even admitted. Once I sobered up, I was fine. Never an incident prior or since.

If I do need to submit all kinds of letters and such, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

#2 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:11 AM

Start here: http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=47227

And a few others that are pinned to the first two subsections.
MollyB has some forms and such to submit, watch for those!

#3 Terrapin691

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:14 AM

Thanks...

#4 wolfcreek

• Supporting Members Team
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:17 AM

Not try to be sarcastic,just realistic.Don't get your hopes up.There are many who have spent thousands to get the appeal issue resolved.With no movement from ISP.The talk now is 1 to 2 years.I'm just over a year.Mental issues are the hot button issue.Good luck anyway

#5 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,232 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:59 PM

It's definitely not a fast process but I know many folks who have been successful.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users