The NFL comes out of the gun closet...they're "ANTIS"

hgmeyer

Don;t know much more than the Sunday Morning TV Talking heads reported that the NFL has decided to bar of-duty LEO from carrying concealed at their games. Lots of departments require their officers to carry...

But, how this will shake out is open to discussion. I like baseball and hockey, the NFL ... don't care so much.

Don;t know much more than the Sunday Morning TV Talking heads reported that the NFL has decided to bar of-duty LEO from carrying concealed at their games. Lots of departments require their officers to carry...

But, how this will shake out is open to discussion. I like baseball and hockey, the NFL ... don't care so much.

so your saying off duty LEOS should have more rights then regular citizens since almost every state bans carry at sports stadiums?

Never did like footbal

Me neither. I like motor sports due to the fact that catching on fire comes with the territory.

Considering police are to the antis as nuns and priests are to a church I can't see how even the most rabid antis would be for banning off duty cops from carrying into nfl games. This must take a special kind of gun hater.

whats wrong with that?

Hope you are trying at humor. Don't fall into the divide and conquer trap. Vast majority of LEOs support cocealed carry.

Are these the same LEO's who arrest you when you fall afoul of some carrying regulation? An off-duty LEO is not required to be at the game and he can stay at home if he doesn't care for the regulation. An on-duty LEO is required to be there by his department and needs his gun because it is required by what he is doing there. Personally, I would like everyone to be able to be armed at all times in all places. Sort of like the Second Amendment already states very clearly.

whats wrong with that?

Hope you are trying at humor. Don't fall into the divide and conquer trap. Vast majority of LEOs support cocealed carry.

Are these the same LEO's who arrest you when you fall afoul of some carrying regulation? An off-duty LEO is not required to be at the game and he can stay at home if he doesn't care for the regulation. An on-duty LEO is required to be there by his department and needs his gun because it is required by what he is doing there. Personally, I would like everyone to be able to be armed at all times in all places. Sort of like the Second Amendment already states very clearly.

I am not sure where the justification for this prejudice against LEOs comes from. Aren't all kinds of Sheriffs (LEOs) refusing to go along with the anti gun grabbers? Falling into a trap of divide and conquer is not a good strategy. This argument is like to teen ager who argues "but everyone else is doing it". Police Officers don't make the rules or laws.... they enforce them, period. The vast majority of street cops support gun rights and believe their bosses are crazy. I am a former LEO and and waiting patiently for my time to apply for my carry permit. The more people we encourage to join us under the tent, the better. You want to hate cops, I can't change that. But, have a reason better than envy or jealousy.

@hgmeyer

Do not ascribe to me things I have not stated. Jealousy, hatred and envy of cops? LOL I could not care less about their problems complying with the laws that they didn't pass. If it presents an ethical dilemma for them, they should quit. If you believe that LEO's are special and special rights should ascribe to them, then its not me that has a problem.

What is this divide & conquer talk? Stadiums are GFZs because it was determined that gunfire in a packed arena is probably not a good thing. Who cares if the person firing the gun has a badge or not? If it's unsafe then it's unsafe.

In extreme cases (NYC excluded), prevention is not an option and mitigation of casualties is required. So how do you respond to a mass shooter in a stadium full of people if it is unsafe to return fire because of the proximity of innocents?

Every man for himself?

Wait to exhaust the ammo then clock-em?

Take the shot(s) and accept the responsibility and let your peers decide if your actions/results were justified?

Which of the above is most likely to mitigate the carnage?

What is this divide & conquer talk? Stadiums are GFZs because it was determined that gunfire in a packed arena is probably not a good thing. Who cares if the person firing the gun has a badge or not? If it's unsafe then it's unsafe.

In extreme cases (NYC excluded), prevention is not an option and mitigation of casualties is required. So how do you respond to a mass shooter in a stadium full of people if it is unsafe to return fire because of the proximity of innocents?

Every man for himself?

Take the shot(s) and accept the responsibility and let your peers decide if your actions/results were justified?

Hey man, it's not my rules. But if we are not allowed to carry in stadiums and are considered unsafe in that situation, why should LEOs be any different?

I know it's not how the real world works, but there should be the same rules for all.

Every man for himself?

and explain to the lil kid in row 15 section d why you shot his mom?

I am not sure where the justification for this prejudice against LEOs comes from.

Just because they wear a badge for their 9-5 does not mean they are elevated to an elite class of citizens that is entitled to exercise rights denied to everyone else...

oh heck im scared now cuz i agree.

Are the moons are aligned?

I am not sure where the justification for this prejudice against LEOs comes from. Aren't all kinds of Sheriffs (LEOs) refusing to go along with the anti gun grabbers? Falling into a trap of divide and conquer is not a good strategy. This argument is like to teen ager who argues "but everyone else is doing it". Police Officers don't make the rules or laws.... they enforce them, period. The vast majority of street cops support gun rights and believe their bosses are crazy. I am a former LEO and and waiting patiently for my time to apply for my carry permit. The more people we encourage to join us under the tent, the better. You want to hate cops, I can't change that. But, have a reason better than envy or jealousy.

Anyone who thinks that all cops are for concealed carry is fooling himself. Just last week I was listening to my scanner on my way to work.

The dispatcher put out a call about there being a gun in a garbage truck. Several cars all responded to the area, but couldn't find the truck in question. Then the conversation went something like this,

Squad, do we know what color the truck was?

-No, the caller didn't provide that information.

Did the caller say which direction the truck was heading in?

-They just said it was driving away from the location.

Do you have a description of the driver?

- The caller just said it was a male, no other info.

Was there a description of the gun?

-No.

Can you call them back and get some more details?

- No, its says the caller was anonymous. There is no callback number. They left no plate information, direction of travel, color of vehicle, or any other information. heck, they didn't even say how they knew there was a gun in the truck.

Ok Squad, we're going to keep driving around and keep looking until we find it.

After that I didn't hear any more mention of it and I assume they kept looking until they decided to 19-Paul it.

so your saying off duty LEOS should have more rights then regular citizens since almost every state bans carry at sports stadiums?

I'm saying that if I go to a game with my LEO buddy I would feel a lot better if at least one of us is armed, sides, I know where his back-up piece is, so if needed two of us are armed in a hurry. :)

whats wrong with that?

Oh now who wants to follow the constitution anyway?

Every man for himself?

Seriously? Which side are you on? Movie theater ring any bells? Schools ring any bells? Malls ring any bells? You think the Joe Blow security guy is going to have better luck, by the time they get there are 30 are already dead? How about those highly trained cops who missed the the guy and shot two women?

Sorry, but this is the crap we have been fighting about for years and I didn't expect to have to deal with it here too.

I'm saying that if I go to a game with my LEO buddy I would feel a lot better if at least one of us is armed, sides, I know where his back-up piece is, so if needed two of us are armed in a hurry. :)

Would you not feel a lot better that everyone who can carry were armed instead of just a certain classification of people?

Seriously? Which side are you on? Movie theater ring any bells? Schools ring any bells? Malls ring any bells? You think the Joe Blow security guy is going to have better luck, by the time they get there are 30 are already dead? How about those highly trained cops who missed the the guy and shot two women?

Sorry, but this is the crap we have been fighting about for years and I didn't expect to have to deal with it here too.

have you ever seen a child with half thier head blown off by a "accidental" shooting?? if your answers no then dont ever question me about which side im on. have you ever dealt with the ramifications of a missed shot first hand? have you ever had to shove your hand inside someones guts to control thier bleeding because they were hit while standing in the wrong spot? say what you want but my opinions my opinion and it will stay that way.

Archived