CCL appeal affidavit not being sent

To preface this, I searched for information regarding this on the forum and I apologize if I may have missed the topic or post. To make a long story a little shorter, back in august I applied for my concealed carry upon which I was denied due to answering a preliminary question the wrong way due to my own negligence. This led to my application being denied at which point I appealed it towards the end of September, I have called at various times over the last few months regarding this and every call has resulted in me being told that they are working on it. So today I called again and this time was asked if I had sent in the affidavit they sent, at which point I notified the person I was speaking to that I have not received notice of any affidavit. It was at this point that I was informed that they were recently informed that a affidavit must be sent out on their part for appeals like mine. I just hope that by spreading this info anyone who has made a mistake on their application like mine can get through the appeal process a little faster! Thank you.

I have addressed this with ISP previously. For starters, when someone is doing the online application - a warning should pop up with a question something like , You have answered 'yes' to this question, this answer will disqualify you from receiving a CCL. Did you intend to select 'yes'?

Secondly, when the letter goes out to the applicant, it should state which question the applicant answered with a 'yes' and include a copy of the affidavit or a link to where it can be downloaded and printed.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what I did when I erroneously answered "Yes" to a deceptive question. Well, I went to my Rep's office, griped, his aide called FSB and they said "Yeah we realized that question is screwed up and he shouldn't have been denied" so I had to wait for an affidavit that was similar (due to another bad question on the first iteration of the application), took it down to my Rep's office, asked if I could modify it for the specific question that I answered "Yes" to. Aide called ISP legal, told them about it and they told him to have me modify it, send it to them for clearance. So I modified it, had it sent in, they OK'd it, signed and notorized it and sent it in. Three days later I had my CCL issued after a flat denial. I actually think I dodged the 30 day LE objection period because it never went to the pool. ISP seemed to be a bit...in a hurry to issue it because the denial was technically illegal as the question should have stated "in the five (5) years preceding the date of this application" rather than "ever" which blatantly contradicts statutory law.

Archived