There is another march planned to block Lake Shore Drive and march to Wrigley field

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-lake-shore-drive-shutdown-protest-20180723-story.html

Activists to shut down Lake Shore Drive, take anti-violence march to Wrigley Field

Taking a page from the Rev. Michael Pfleger, a group of community activists plans to shut down a stretch of North Lake Shore Drive as part of an anti-violence march that will end at Wrigley Field next week.

About 4 p.m. Aug. 2, groups that include the Coalition for a New Chicago and Violence Interrupters plan to march on Lake Shore Drive near Belmont Avenue and then proceed to Wrigley Field, said the Rev. Gregory Livingston, one of the group organizers. The Chicago Cubs have a scheduled home game for 7:05 p.m. that day against the San Diego Padres.

“Often times, the cries of complaints from poor people aren’t heard,” Livingston said. “We have to go where the cries have to be heard.”

Livingston would not say if the group plans to get into Wrigley Field, but they are planning to release more details about the protest at a news conference Tuesday. He would not say what route the group plans to take, and he didn’t yet have an estimate of how many people could take part in the demonstration.

More at link

About 4 p.m. Aug. 2, groups that include the Coalition for a New Chicago and Violence Interrupters plan to march on Lake Shore Drive near Belmont Avenue and then proceed to Wrigley Field, said the Rev. Gregory Livingston, one of the group organizers. The Chicago Cubs have a scheduled home game for 7:05 p.m. that day against the San Diego Padres.

“Often times, the cries of complaints from poor people aren’t heard,” Livingston said. “We have to go where the cries have to be heard.”

Absolutely perfect!

The suburbanites are gonna love this unexpected Taste of Chicago.

Now I kinda hope they plan a pre-game sit-in completely filling the Clark/Addison intersection with a crowd of thousands!

any bet,s on if anyone will be arrested?my guess is eddie will once again lead the flock of fools.

I don't know. I think they are going to find out that they are not as special as the good father. Impeding an expressway, doesn't affect the money coming into chicago. Blocking LSD doesn't affect money coming into chicago. Blocking a cubs game and all the bars around it, does affect the money coming into chicago.

Tio Hardiman's name pops up again.

He ran for Governor and has used Chucks gunship as a background in the past to try to regain some relevance in the community.

Rev. Gregory Livingston, who is organizing the protest, said community groups were coming together to shut down the Drive and participate in the march.

“Chicago’s City Hall and the powers that be listen to the upset cries and complaints of the well-to-do and ignore the disadvantaged and challenged,” Livingston said. “So we must go where the cries of the suffering can be heard.”

Among those groups is Livingston’s Coalition for a New Chicago and the Violence Interrupters, led by executive director Tio Hardiman, an anti-violence activist.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2018/07/24/activists-plan-to-shut-down-lake-shore-drive-march-to-wrigley-field/

Funny thing is, once they've allowed this to happen, they've allowed it. There is no way for them to say no at this point without looking like the bad guys. Funny how that works. I was kind of hoping after the Dan Ryan deal that the pro-2A crowd would respond in kind, but now I am kind of thinking it is better to let the city reap the benefits of their "tolerance and understanding." The antis and liberals have a funny way of making themselves look bad in the long run, and now they can drag their "friends" at city hall down with them.

Meanwhile 240 people have been shot in chicago in the last 24 days. Not a single march was planned for any one of them.

And I'll bet no one called to turn in the most likely suspects. Maybe the north side 'elites" are perceived to get better police protection because the public cooperates with authorities instead of protecting the "honor students" in gangs. People might listen to the cries if the victims and the community stepped up to collar the perps.

Archived