question for FOID and CCW along with renew/update DR

benli0707

hi everyone

I will be renew my DR soon.

since the Stay home order, i have more time to excise.

so i lost about 50 lbs. from obese to a little over weight

my question is, since FOID and CCW are using the same info as the DR.

what gonna happen when i update my DR.

do i have to notices ISP for weight update?

or do i just don't update my weight info?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My application for a CCL was rejected because the address doesn't match my Driver's license/Gov't ID. My physical driver's license and FOID card show an old address, however, in the system I had them both updated to my new address before I applied for the CCL. My CCL application had my new address on it. I'm not sure when I updated the address to my FOID card in the system, but I do know that my drivers license was updated in the system last year when I did my car tags. They all match in the system.

Anyone have an idea of what I need to do? Do I have to have them print out the physical card for DL & FOID and then resubmit for this to go through correctly? Will this mean I have to wait the 120 days again?

Appreciate the help in advance.

When you say that you don’t know when you updated the FOID address “in the system” do you mean that you did a change of address through the ISP portal and got back a new FOID card with the new address on it?

And when you say that your “physical DL” you mean the old DL which has the old address?

Several threads here addressing, no pun intended, and allow that:

1. You should update the address on the drivers license first and get it in hand.

2. You should either update the FOID with the correct address “before” doing the CCL OR, do a address change with the FOID at the same time as you apply for the CCL.

Unless the DL and the FOID match and then the app for CCL would match those, it will get bounced.

Start over again and look at all physical cards in your possession before applying for the CCL.

I’m not sure about when you say they are in the system exactly what that might be. But you do need the first 2 to match to get the 3rd.

Good Luck and Welcome to the Forums.

Archived