Address change for FOID and CCL

lilguy

Plain answer: FYI - they cross check CCL's with DL and FOID addresses.

Sarcastic answer: FYI - they have enough staff hours to cross check CCL's with DL and FOID addresses but not enough to actually issue FOID's within the statute required 30 days, or verify the terms of other state CCW's except via form letter.

Well, I screwed up and submitted the change of address with the old address. Did not understand process. What next, you don't appear to be able to fix it. I am not paying fee. Appears It deletes if not payed in 30 days,

do I wait for it to reset. 46 years with this Fing card, 44 years at same address. What a pain.

Thanks. What a pita. The Secretary of State only allows Barrington for your town even when you live in one of the other ones. Lake Barrington, North Barrington, Barrington Hills or South Barrington. You have to match with all the licenses so if you live in Barrington Hills they issue your license as Barrington.

Got my new drivers license and it would not let me put the actual Lake Barrington I now live in. They all come out of the same post office so thats the default, Barrington. So I put the same address that the Sec of State auto generates for my new gun cards. Hope this works.

Same happened to me recently. Finally got in touch with someone at ISP. Was told to go ahead and complete payment process, which would than allow changes to be made. It worked, as I was able to edit after payment was made

Thank you very much for the heads up on this. I thought I was going to have to call and do some funny business to sort it out, but it does seem to allow you to change address information after you go through the payment portal

Archived