Photo

Chicago Firearm Meetup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#61 Capt_Destro

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I will no longer even consider attending or sharing infio. You can thank
Jason4567 for his nice P Ms.

I don't understand why you are upset about this Chicago meetup. If you care to discuss it, please feel free to PM me.

A meet up sounds like a good idea, we honestly need to stick together since we all have common goals. A few beers can easily calm any tension or issues.

Just as long as there aren't any arseless chaps(referring to first page of the thread lol..).. I'm not really up for that kind of bar.
When picking a firearm, you want one that is like a heavy chick. A gun that is reliable, doesn't mind getting rough, and one that goes bang every time. What's the point of having something pretty looking it isn't up for the task?

#62 SammyTheKlam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

I will no longer even consider attending or sharing infio. You can thank
Jason4567 for his nice P Ms.

I don't understand why you are upset about this Chicago meetup. If you care to discuss it, please feel free to PM me.

A meet up sounds like a good idea, we honestly need to stick together since we all have common goals. A few beers can easily calm any tension or issues.

Just as long as there aren't any arseless chaps(referring to first page of the thread lol..).. I'm not really up for that kind of bar.

You mean you aren't into this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlGclIZV5JQ

#63 SammyTheKlam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Sorry I couldn't resist.

#64 Capt_Destro

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Sorry I couldn't resist.

You know I had an idea you would post that exact scene going through my head before the video loaded.

lol
When picking a firearm, you want one that is like a heavy chick. A gun that is reliable, doesn't mind getting rough, and one that goes bang every time. What's the point of having something pretty looking it isn't up for the task?

#65 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm in... Pending work. Billy Goat, 2/21, 6pm. It will be fun to meet the Chicagoans and all others who show up.

+1
  • They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#66 Jason4567

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Don't forget, this is tomorrow!

IS YOUR RIFLE A GRENADE LAUNCHER? YES NO

From the Chicago Firearm Registration form

#67 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,669 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Absolutely amazing thread. I've often wondered why a little lady that won't weigh 100# soaking wet from 250 miles away had to organize the first SAFR in downtown Chicago when she was covered up with other things to do close to home.

This thread shows why.

There have been at least two other successful meetups that I'm aware of and countless townhall meetings that have been successfully completed while you guys have been arguing about how far east to travel or how far west you'll go or which communities to avoid or which taverns you'll frequent.

Sad.
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#68 Jason4567

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Why are you saying this now, Tim? We haven't been arguing about it this whole time, this was when we agreed upon after learning the first date was on Valentines day. We discussed it here over the course of a few days and the date has been set since the first of this month. I also don't see why raining on our parade the day before is going to encourage more participation.

Anyway, we're trying. I hope you see that. We aren't all pros at this like you guys.

Edited by Jason4567, 20 February 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#69 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• Members
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Don't mind him... He taught Grumpy Cat all he knows...

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#70 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,669 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hey,,,,,,,, i resemble that remark.

Good on you Jason, hope you have a great turnout.

Just interesting to watch sometimes.
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#71 Bimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Billy Goats on south Wells?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#72 Jason4567

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yes, wells and vanburen is the intersection.

#73 poeticrendezvous

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I wouldn't mind meeting up the next time it is scheduled for the south burbs, Orland, Tinley Park, and surrounding areas. Paying for parking is a pet peeve.

#74 MrMike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'll be working tomorrow 5-11pm.

Covering for a coworker

The Second Amendment does not grant to the people the right to keep and bear arms, but merely recognizes the prior existence of that right and prohibits its infringement by Congress

#75 soundguy

• 4,619 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

PR... I'm thinking this is the actually in Chicago meetup. Schedule your own south suburban meetup.., get to know your neighbors. Encourage outsiders to stop by. Kinda thinking I wanna have an Old Irving Park-ish meet up in better weather
Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#76 Bimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

PR... I'm thinking this is the actually in Chicago meetup. Schedule your own south suburban meetup.., get to know your neighbors. Encourage outsiders to stop by. Kinda thinking I wanna have an Old Irving Park-ish meet up in better weather

I'm in for an Old Irving Park meet up too, my neighborhood...
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#77 Paulkucz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

I'm near Old Irving too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#78 Bimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Maybe in the future we can do Chicago Joe's, or some where on Lincoln ave...

#79 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• Members
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Separate thread for this new proposal, please.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#80 Jason4567

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Well we were planning on moving the Chicago meetup around, so maybe it should stay here.

#81 Bimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Sorry, my bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#82 Kurt85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

So this is happening tonight, thursday the 21st at 6pm? If so i could probably make it.
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for for your soul, the other for your freedom

#83 VVelox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Billy Goats on south Wells?

That is correct. 330 S Wells St is the exact address. If taking the brown line, it is just a direct walk south of the Wells stop at the corner of Van Buren.

#84 poeticrendezvous

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

oops.. thanks soundguy!

#85 Professor Wheezy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

I've got an idea. Let's have a gathering from Gunowners all across the state at a central location to discuss guns and such. Oh wait that's what IGOLD is, silly me. I have my bus reservation, do YOU?
It's About Time

#86 soundguy

• 4,619 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Well, it's 2:30p, the snow hasn't started and I'm not working today. Looking forward to seeing whomever can make it tonight!

Billy Goat
330 S Wells
6:00pm

I'll be driving. I probably have have two seats avail for the return trip to the Old Irving area after the meeting.

#87 Jason4567

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

I will see you guys tonight. I'm wearing jeans, black polo with small gold stripes, full beard.

#88 Paulkucz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Dammit, I need to work late tonight. Sorry.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#89 soundguy

• 4,619 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Good morning... Nice meeting up with everyone. Sorry I had to leave early!

#90 ming

• 2,105 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

How did it go guys? We need a report!

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor