Photo

Meyers vs Schmitz

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 transplant

• Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

I would enjoy watching the fireworks of a default judgement in our favor if that ever happens.

:drool:

* wakes up from dreams of fairies and unicorns *

:pinch:

#242 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

Brief Attached - We'll have some time to respond and it appears both sides have requested Oral Arguments.

Attached Files

#243 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

Brief Attached - We'll have some time to respond and it appears both sides have requested Oral Arguments.

Any chance you could host that file somewhere else? Attachments never seem to work on this forum.

ETA: got it to work on about the 10th try...

Edited by Gamma, 30 March 2018 - 05:21 PM.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#244 Hipshot Percussion

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

I can download, but it says it is damaged, cannot be repaired and won't open. 

“I have fought the good fight to the end; I have run the race to the finish: I have kept the faith."  Timothy Chapter 4 verse 7

"Legitimate self-defense has absolutely nothing to do with the criminal misuse of guns."   Gerald Vernon, veteran firearms instructor

New Gunner Journal

#245 Jeckler

• Members
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

If Culp wins, this one will be moot, however this is in State Court and most likely won't make it to federal court because of the attack angle.  We estimate this case to be through State Court by April 2016 if not sooner

Maybe something will occur in April of 2018.... Fingers crossed

#246 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

I like how they conveniently ignore the section of the FCCA dealing with revoking licenses while quoting and discussing sections on applications and other unrelated issues.

The heart of the matter is that the statute does not create a distinction between a resident and non-resident license, the difference is in the application process. And there is no provision for revoking a license due to a change in residence.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#247 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

The .PDF file in Post #242 opened without a problem for me.  I'm using Win. 7 and Firefox and let FF open the file.  I only glanced at the first couple of pages and didn't go to the end but that first part worked.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#248 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:43 AM

I gotta say, I like a couple pieces of their response, LOL.  Its going to be fun in Oral Argument when we get to that point.

#249 RacerDave6

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:27 AM

I can download, but it says it is damaged, cannot be repaired and won't open.

Did you try right click then save? That usually works for me.
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#250 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:04 AM

Our Final Reply Brief on Extension to June 22 and has been filed as of June 21 and is attached below.  Enjoy :)

Now we wait for the court to set oral argument.

Attached Files

#251 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

We have been notified by Illinois 4th District of Appeal that this is preliminary set for Oral Argument Sept 24, 2018 at 10am CT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users