Ninth Circuit Ruling on Peruta v. Cty. of San Diego

ming

I'll be voting for Trump, but isn't it a forgone conclusion that Clinton will win Illinois?

Trump has my vote as well!

I agree that we need to stand united and NOT fall divided.

If Shillary wins POTUS we're ******!

But, But, But Hillary is not coming for our guns says Obongo

LOL, too bad she's already admitted she IS!

>.<

@.@

I'll be voting for Trump, but isn't it a forgone conclusion that Clinton will win Illinois?

Trump has my vote as well!

I agree that we need to stand united and NOT fall divided.

If Shillary wins POTUS we're ******!

But, But, But Hillary is not coming for our guns says Obongo. I'll be voting Trump also.

This basically means you had better well vote from Trump no matter how much you don't like him, because if Hillary wins we are completely screwed on 2nd amendment cases for the foreseeable future.

Agreed.

Simple binary logic.

1) Trump = pro-gun Supreme Court Justice (out of the pool of 11 he published)

2) Hillary = anti-gun Supreme Court Justice (probably starting with the anti-gun Justice Obama is trying to get Congress to review/approve)

Yeah thats the thing that people keep forgetting, the power is with THE PEOPLE.

Just because some anti gun judges gave states the power (for a brief moment at least) to ban concealed carry does not mean that the people in all states will allow it.

Not all states are full of people like the pacified losers in California. Its not gonna spread to any states that it otherwise wouldn't have already.

This is war for the hearts and minds, not over judges. Although that does help too having a court decision on your side. But the second we start letting a court tell us what are rights are and are not is the second we stop having rights all together. The problem is hoping for a court or politician to do the right thing. We should be taking to the streets over this. That is the correct response to tyrants. Most issues they can get away with it, but not this one. That we should all promise to each other. And I agree it starts with Trump.

I'm not saying they can, but I think they will try. This ruling will give them a sense of empowerment.

They're still bound by the 7th Circuit ruling here.

I thought that ruling only prevented Illinois from enacting a "complete" ban on carry, but left it up to the lawmakers as to whether the law would be "shall issue" or "may issue".

I'm not saying they can, but I think they will try. This ruling will give them a sense of empowerment.

They're still bound by the 7th Circuit ruling here.

I thought that ruling only prevented Illinois from enacting a "complete" ban on carry, but left it up to the lawmakers as to whether the law would be "shall issue" or "may issue".
The court never addressed the method.

The concealed only bunch may be crying in their diet soda's over this but for open carry advocates like myself this ruling is interesting. Good even.

What makes you think they'd vote any different on "open carry"?

I don't think they can deny both. And this will at least bring the discussion of open carry rights to the forefront.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My biggest fear is that the Liberal lawmakers in Illinois will now try to change Illinois from "shall issue" to "may issue". That's a very real possibility.

Then maybe we should get busy working on open carry with a FOID card before they do?

Or just open carry and repeal the foid?

I am not the kind of guy who would open carry, it's not for me, but I would fight for anyones right to do so.

If the choice was open carry or no carry, would you choose no carry?

The Courts obviously do not know what "shall not be infringed." means.

I'm guessing that Court will rule that open carry is allowed BUT the firearm Must be kept above the height of your head at All times or you are charged with a felony!

Reasonable in their eyes. Yes you have the Right to keep and bear arms, BUT this is how you must do it!

The concealed only bunch may be crying in their diet soda's over this but for open carry advocates like myself this ruling is interesting. Good even.

What makes you think they'd vote any different on "open carry"?

I don't think they can deny both. And this will at least bring the discussion of open carry rights to the forefront.

My biggest fear is that the Liberal lawmakers in Illinois will now try to change Illinois from "shall issue" to "may issue". That's a very real possibility.

Then maybe we should get busy working on open carry with a FOID card before they do?

Or just open carry and repeal the foid?

I am not the kind of guy who would open carry, it's not for me, but I would fight for anyones right to do so.

If the choice was open carry or no carry, would you choose no carry?

I would still carry, but like someone else mentioned. In populated cities, your choices on WHERE you can open carry, might be limited. And you'll be advertising to others, which can lead to you getting treated differently. Carrying in the winter might be tough too, since covering with a regular jacket, would (i'd assume) be considered CCW.

I'm sure gang bangers would be happy as a clam. We're left to defend ourselves with a stupid small knife that we're LEGALLY allowed to carry, or learn kung-foo. And if OC is legalized, you'll be advertising yourself to get your gun stolen by these thugs. Since they won't have to bother breaking doors/windows and searching houses. They can just drive around the neighborhood and snatch.

1) Trump = pro-gun Supreme Court Justice (out of the pool of 11 he published)

2) Hillary = anti-gun Supreme Court Justice (probably starting with the anti-gun Justice Obama is trying to get Congress to review/approve)

For #2: I doubt it. He's anti-gun, but somewhat moderate on many issues. Hitlery (with quite probably a Democrap run Senate) will pick another flaming leftist "make up your own laws" type like Sotomayor. She won't be content with a somewhat poor justice, and will go all the way

Obama cannot be a SCOTUS Justice, or any court, at this time. He does not hold a license to practice law anywhere in the country. He let his Illinois license lapse.

This is not true. There is no requirement for a justice to be a lawyer. The constitution doesn't specify any requirements for justices such as age, education, profession or being a native born citizen. However, in practice since the mid 20th century all justices have attended law school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happens if a court case makes it's way to the 9th circuit challenging that ban on open carry? If someone were to challenge the open carry bans as unconstitutional it may stand a chance in the 9th circuit since the 9th circuit stated that concealed carry is not the protected right. If concealed carry is not protected than open carry must be the protected right. Also if the supreme court rules they may be forced to state in the ruling that open carry is the protected right. If people were to begin legally openly carrying in California in large numbers it may pressure politicians change the licensing system to shall issue.

Scary stuff for sure - The wife and I will be voting for Trump but honestly - does it really matter? IL will vote democrat as usual and it's not like the electoral vote always reflects the popular vote.

Wish it wasn't the case but I have a bad feeling Hillary will when simply because she's a woman and we will all be $&%#.

Scary stuff for sure - The wife and I will be voting for Trump but honestly - does it really matter? IL will vote democrat as usual and it's not like the electoral vote always reflects the popular vote.

Wish it wasn't the case but I have a bad feeling Hillary will when simply because she's a woman and we will all be $&%#.

You know...as much as I would like to stay positive...I cannot help but feel the exact same way. After Obumhead got a second 8 years it was quickly becoming apparent to me that the people's voice just doesn't matter anymore. I personally am convinced the entire thing is set and rigged from the beginning. It's just that we "live in the great United States of America" so it must be fair and nobody cares to question because that's how the USA does things...fairly...the will of the people. I will vote for the Donald....but honestly I just don't see how he can actually beat the Hag. I fear the 2nd Amendment is in a dire, unsalvageable position. And, as much as I fear for OUR current position...it's my kid's future that scares the heck out of me if we cannot get this country turned around. As always...my $.02.

You know...as much as I would like to stay positive...I cannot help but feel the exact same way. After Obumhead got a second 8 years it was quickly becoming apparent to me that the people's voice just doesn't matter anymore. I personally am convinced the entire thing is set and rigged from the beginning. It's just that we "live in the great United States of America" so it must be fair and nobody cares to question because that's how the USA does things...fairly...the will of the people. I will vote for the Donald....but honestly I just don't see how he can actually beat the Hag. I fear the 2nd Amendment is in a dire, unsalvageable position. And, as much as I fear for OUR current position...it's my kid's future that scares the heck out of me if we cannot get this country turned around. As always...my $.02.

A second 8 years? OMG!

A second 8 years? OMG!

Please consider the primary votes. Dems: millions of votes down with only 3 people involved, and mainly just 2 for most of the primaries. Trump: more votes in the primaries than anyone has ever received, and he had 16 challengers. Do not lose hope.

Going back to England and their 'constitution' just shows they will go to any lengths in an attempt to twist the meaning of our Constitution to the shape of their will. It is truly beyond comprehension. I am growing weary of constant acts of treason against us by Politicians and Judges that go unpunished.

Using historical perspectives to see where ideas came from is not uncommon; our side has done it in terms of castle doctrine, etc. But their usage related to having a king decree that no one should be able to bear arms in his realm is just insane and shows their true colors.

Archived