Culp vs Madigan - Lawsuit Filed On Behalf of Non-Residents

Molly B.

You make me feel...you make me feel...you make me feel like a natural person! (Sorry, this is where a musician's mind can go when reading "a natural person" several times!)

I find this an outstanding suit and hope it it resolved in the favor of the plaintiffs.

I will not be until the RIDICULOUS $300.00 price tag is reduced . That in itself is well placed road block and burden in bold flashing neon lights saying we do not want anyone concealed carrying especially Non Residents

But it is a start and a good one

Thanks MollyB and Federal Farmer Good Job

I will not be until the RIDICULOUS $300.00 price tag is reduced . That in itself is well placed road block and burden in bold flashing neon lights saying we do not want anyone concealed carrying especially Non Residents

I was a bit disappointed that the suit didn't include the cost discrimination issue.

Also a bit curious about the emphasis on the non-residents all having carry permits from their states of residence. I don't see how it's relevant to Illinois issuing an Illinois license for carry in Illinois.

The price difference, imo, is very difficult to argue considering almost every state with a nonresident permit or license charges more. For example, Virginia also charges nonresidents double what they charge residents. Imo, that's not a winnable argument.

Thank you to everybody involved for this. I know I've been a major pain in the arse over this (and that's likely why I wasn't named in the suit). I'm sorry.

You make me feel...you make me feel...you make me feel like a natural person! (Sorry, this is where a musician's mind can go when reading "a natural person" several times!)

I find this an outstanding suit and hope it it resolved in the favor of the plaintiffs.

One thing at a time. Learn from the Kwong v. Bloomberg case. The 2nd Circuit ruled that $455 for a 3 year home possession permit was perfectly constitutional, because the plaintiffs supposedly did not prove how it effected them.

You best plaintiff is someone on a fixed income on SSDI with a physically disability where $300 would basically cost them medicine for a month....

Archived