Madigan files for 30 extension to stay

SAXD9

Actually I am partial to this, although when Sigale, Gura, and Jensen (not sure which one actually drafted the response) pointed out the Tweets hehe.

"The public’s interest lies in having the state respect constitutional rights. The Governor should accept the fact that the vote totals in favor of the remedial legislation reflect the People’s will far better than does Defendants’ motion for additional delay"

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Am I right to assume that if this tactic fails, there's no cliff on the 9th itself? That the court process will take some time and that the state likely will be able to slow things down in the lower court as well and Quinn will be able to wait longer. I wonder how long these things usually take? Don't know how much more grinding my teeth can take.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Am I right to assume that if this tactic fails, there's no cliff on the 9th itself? That the court process will take some time and that the state likely will be able to slow things down in the lower court as well and Quinn will be able to wait longer. I wonder how long these things usually take? Don't know how much more grinding my teeth can take.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If granted the cliff gets pushed back 30 days, which they will use all of before making their next move. I wonder if since the bill has not been sent to Quinn if another alternate bill can be done if a special session is called, although I wouldn't bet on it with Madigan and Cullerton the two deciding factors.

Wish we could file witness slips to judges LOL

Actually I am partial to this, although when Sigale, Gura, and Jensen (not sure which one actually drafted the response) pointed out the Tweets hehe.

"The public’s interest lies in having the state respect constitutional rights. The Governor should accept the fact that the vote totals in favor of the remedial legislation reflect the People’s will far better than does Defendants’ motion for additional delay"

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Jensen called me last night about the legislative back story to understand all the bills and we talked and asked for some public confirmation about the gov's positions on bills and walking him through the timelines on the ILGA website showing just hours between filing and hearings . . . . . .

It's funny how we are all able to read the bill, debate it's merits and downfalls, send witness slips regarding the amendment and rally support for the final bill - all in one day after it was posted, but somehow, the Governor, with his team of lawyers, can't seem to figure it out in 9.

+1

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Archived