Madigan files for 30 extension to stay

SAXD9

I am a bit lost here, a super majority passes the bill in house and senate, Now the Governor wants 30 days to review it? The GA has passed a law and the Governors office held no position on the bill. Now he wants to play with it? I can not see the court granting the stay. But what do I know...lol

Only in Illinois could something like this happen.

Daddy Mike pushes the law through and Little Lisa still is fighting this?

How does this help her chances to replace Quincomtax?

The legislature waits until the last day and NOW she wants a stay?

Only in Illinois.

This is absolutely unacceptable! I hope Posner replies with NO WAY!

... and I hope Posner does it on June 8th at 11:59 pm.

1. Is he going to pull the bill? Both chambers have signed off of it.

2. If I were the federal judges on this case I'd be furious right now.

3. And local media did a masterful job in burying this story.

probably a stupid question, but can Madigan pull the bill and not send it to jello?

He can't.

That's why I say he's no longer a factor.

Besides, basically, it's HIS bill.

Lisa just slapped him in the face with this move.

That seems to be the only source of it right now.

http://www.nbcchicag...-210012081.html

http://www.chicagotr...0,6700777.story

Well aren't you just a little Boy Scout. I doubt they will grant this seeing how the ga drug their feet till the bitter end.

Google is this simply amazing Internet search engine, you should try it before claiming that there is only one source... Took me all of about 5 seconds,honestly try it, and learn how to use it...

the longer they stall the more time home rule communities have to create ordinances.

DING DING DING

Yup. if you only have 10 days after the law is passed, and you are an anti-gun gov wanting to give more anti's a chance to pass laws, you dont sign today and make them rush, you review for 30 days then sign and they get more than a month's warning... to rush in new AWBs and other crap (because they are in a hurry).

My guess is she can do this and show the anti-gun crowd that she will not bow down to the pro-gun crowd while really doing nothing to hurt the bill which will eventually become law. And on the campaign trail she can blame it all on Quinn since it IS her job to protect the state's interests and the Illinois Constitution does give the governor 60 days to "decide" to sign a bill or not. She can claim it was his demand and she had little choice but to do his bidding.....

I don't know diddly about the legal side of it but from the political side it would seem she really has nothing to loose and quite a bit to gain strategically.....

Archived