Moore/Shepard hearing - 7th Circuit

Just a reminder to those attending, today's session starts at 9:00, a departure from their usual, advertised 9:30 start time. I'm not familiar with protocol or etiquette of this court, but I'm guessing it would be best to be inside the courtroom and in your seat well before court is called to order at 9:00.

We want to put our best foot forward as gun owners/second amendment supporters. As soon as possible and proper, please let those of us stuck in our normal daytime activities know what the heck is going on!!

AB

Nearly 8:00 I suspect the judges are meeting now, "drawing straws" and the placer is getting in his spot so the center can snap the ball and let the kicker make his punt right back down to the lower court or right on up to SCOTUS. It will get nice and drug out for a good couple years if they remand it back to the lower so that's what I'm going to prepare for.

GarandFan and Bud, thanks for working hard to keep our spirits up.

Drylok, if that's what has to happen to keep it moving, then that's what has to happen.

It wasn't easy in the founding fathers' days to get these rights recognized in the first place. It stinks having to work so much harder than the rest of the country to get these rights restored, but in the end I do believe we will prevail.

Hugs and highfives to all of you! (Yes, I'm hugging you all with my mind.)

Personally guys I always have a positive attitude about RTC. Granted it hasn't done squat to advance the cause but it does keep my blood pressure down so hopefully I'll be around to enjoy it when we do pass RTC. :laugh:

Sometimes the darkest of times are those when victory is the nearest. Think positive folks, today could very well be that day.

The panel of judges to hear the case will be Posner, Flaum, Williams.

are them the one's from Ezells case?

No. Posner is the 'intellectual heavyweight' Republican appointee who sided with the Collective Rights crowd prior to Heller. He was on the McDonald panel.

The panel of judges to hear the case will be Posner, Flaum, Williams.

are them the one's from Ezells case?

Apparently in Ezell v Chicago argued April 4th 2011 decided July 6th 2011 was in front of Kanne, Rovner, and Sykes

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CE4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ca7.uscourts.gov%2Ffdocs%2Fdocs.fwx%3Fsubmit%3Dshowbr%26shofile%3D10-3525_002.pdf&ei=QgXST-H7BtGL0QHWxrGOAw&usg=AFQjCNHGR-GINXiBHfPAZKTT5xErC2OOXg&sig2=R1m8wygPMS57JgQT-6_7Hw

McDonald panel? You mean he was part of the decision resulting in the appeal to SCOTUS?

Yes. It is believed that Easterbrook wrote the opinion, but Posner was on the panel. They did help us in that they issued the opinion within a week of the oral arguments and it was directly appealable as opposed to Ezell that was a great opinion but was sent back to lower court.

Archived